• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First backwards compatible games you want to try on the new systems?

Rob_27

Will the fps XIII work? I have the original disc for OG Xbox. I know the new one is out similar time but interested to know if it will work. It didn't on xbox one.

Or GTA 3 And Vice City. That would be nice in higher res and HDR

Last edited:

Beer Baelly

Al Pachinko, Konami President
Will the fps XIII work? I have the original disc for OG Xbox. I know the new one is out similar time but interested to know if it will work. It didn't on xbox one.

Those games arent bc

Aidah

Bloodborne (particularly if it gets a 60 patch)
God of war, so I can see it at a flawless 60, instead of it being (mostly) 60 only in that awesome challenge arena.

Last edited:

Banned
Not many people mentioning the TLOU2. I’d like to see how it runs on the PS5?

uhm... because it will literally not benefit at all from this aside from load times?!

without a Ghost of Tsushima like patch the game will not play any differently, it has a 30fps cap with no option to uncap and it has a fixed 1440p resolution.
it also sticks to 30fps quite well 🤷‍♂️

Hostile_18

Banned
Xbox:

Deadly Premonition (might finally run well lol).
Silent Hill Collection, Homecoming and Downpour.
Batman Origins.
Duke Nukem: Forever.
Halo Collection.
Gears Collection.
Dead Space 1-3.
Alan Wake.

Playstation:

Avengers Enhanced.
Witcher 3 Enhanced.
Mortal Kombat 11: Ultimate.
The Last of Us Part 2: Grounded
Ghost of Tsushima

Last edited:

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
Sea of Thieves maybe? That game takes so long to load on the 1X that I many times don't even boot it up, even though I have a craving to play it.

Derktron

Banned
Witcher 3 is one of them, I just want less load times and less graphical errors where things don’t load in properly.

Loads of ps4 games that I've held off playing because I'm hoping for full 60fps on the ps5. Ones in particular are:

Kingdom hearts 3
Sekiro
Dark souls 3
Wreckfest
Final fantasy 15 (please unlock frame rate of high mode!!)

Yumi

Unfortunately no. There are 39 original Xbox games that can be played on Series X when it comes out for now. Quick google search and you can find them.

Nickolaidas

What will be the first backwards compatible titles you try on your new systems?

PS5 (since I don't see me buying an XSX anytime soon)

Monster Hunter World
Resident Evil 2/3
Mortal Kombat 11
FF XV
God of War
Dark Souls Remastered (mainly to check out if my save works)

I'd like to test FFVII Remake too, but I don't see it improving without a patch.

All of them.

Wait, wait, I worry what you read was "A lot of them."

What I wrote was "All of them."

Do you understand?

Last edited:

paolo11

Hmm

ff7 remake

bloodborne

street fighter v(I want to see if this will improve the input lag)

Ffxv

ghost of tsushima

OrionNebula

I’ve been holding off a bunch of games I can’t wait to replay on the PS5, mostly just to see what it can do with atrocious loading times :

Final Fantasy XV
Horizon Zero Dawn
The Evil Within 1 & 2 (for fuck’s sake, a minute + every time you bite the big one in TEW1 on base PS4, and I died something like 140 times the first time)

Control, since I stopped because it ran like hot garbage on my base PS4 (I’m not gonna sugarcoat it, it wasn’t built with those basic machines in mind, they went for the pro/one x users and left the base users deal with what they had, a janky game with seizure-size framerate drops)

Dreams. I knew from the start I’d wait for the PS5. Let’s just hope the transition will allow for even more options to create stuff

Days Gone. Started it at launch, got sidetracked, saw the vast improvements they made to the game in the upcoming months, and decided to wait for PS5 to hopefully save on loading periods (and take advantage of other graphical and technological improvements)

Subnautica. Just because

Shawden. Ow...

Quantum253

I'll save Cyberpunk for the ps5
Since I can't get a hold of a PS5 for pre-order, I'll more than likely have to wait until next year. However, I thought the same thing. I want want to get Cyberpunk 2077, but I think I'll wait until a fully fledged ps5/XsX version is released. I've noticed in the advert disclaimer that the release version plays great on PS5/Series X, but I'd like to see what improvements are made either through a patch or brute force alone. I think It'll be worth it. Unless you have a great PC running a new 3000 series card.

martino

PS5
Metal Gear Solid 1'2'3'4
4K 60fps!
XF8Zl23.gif

nice one even Bob smile !

i have games i need to try to finish : got, spiderman (possible i won't)
and a backlog of title to do : uncharted lost legacy , detroit , infamous first light,the last guardian ,shadow of the colossus

Last edited:

Ge Os

So far, the games I want to play the most on PS5 are God of War, NieR:Automata (and probably Replicant when it comes out), Death Stranding, Uncharted 4, Resident Evil 2, 3 and VII on VR, Spider-Man and a bunch of Fighting games.

I just started playing Bloodborne and I'm getting murdered on every step, but I love it. I won't be able to finish it before the console comes out, but I'll try itanyway.

Self

I want to revisit Bloodborn, Control, Horizon, Alan Wake and the Master Chief collection. I hope things have improved.

Banned
I want to revisit Bloodborn, Control, Horizon, Alan Wake and the Master Chief collection. I hope things have improved.

Bloodborne will always have the same uneven framepacing... even the Pro didn't really help much, only with some smaller frame drops in some demanding ereas, but the game still has the framepacing issues and that's an issue with the engine.

Hustler

PS5 - Bloodborne, Ghost of Tsushima, Destiny 2, Witcher 3, Final Fantasy VIIR, Rocket League and Genshin Impact.

I’ll only be buying a few games at launch, so looking forward to some of these games with improvements!

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
Control, BF5, Sunset Overdrive, Borderlands 3, Gears 5... There's heaps to try.

I'm treating these consoles, especially the Xbox, like PC upgrades. Nothing better than upgrading your PC then delving Into your steam library to see how much better everything looks and runs.

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
I probably won't play any BC games right away, I've already played a ton of BC games this gen. I have been wanting to replay the Dead Space Trilogy and Fallout 3 so I will try to fit them in some time in the near future.

Last edited:

ReBurn

Gold Member
I want to finish my PS4 backlog, so if I do get one that's where I'll focus. Detroit: Become Human is still in progress. Probably also play some GTA V since that's where I played it this gen.

When I get an XSX it will be Forza Horizon 4 and KOTOR

Last edited:

Solid Bra

1. God of war.
2. The last of us part 2.
3. Bloodborne.
4. Uncharted 4 a thiefs end + Uncharted lost legacy.
5. Horizon zero down.
6. Monster hunter.
And a lot of games as well but this is what comes to my mind now.

dorkimoe

Ghost of Tsushima

Fallout 4 for Xbox- but apparently its not even on the list of improved games yet, so no 60fps yet...?

DonJimbo

What will be the first backwards compatible titles you try on your new systems?

I'll list my top 5 for each

PS5:
1. Final Fantasy VIIRemake - Quick test here to see if anything has improved while it's still fresh in mind. Will Cloud's apartment door still have a N64 texture?
2. The Last Guardian - Saved for a first playthrough. IIRC it couldn't quite handle 4K 30fps on PS4 Pro so it will be nice if it at least irons that out.
3. Astro Bot Rescue Mission - Saved for a first playghrough. Gotta test how PSVR works and probably should play this before the one that comes with PS5.
4. Gravety Rush - Saved for a first playthrough. Probably no enhancements but I saved it anyway and it's been near top of my queue for too long.
5. Bloodborne - Saved for a first playthrough. I hear good things except for the framerate. Lets see how it turns out.

XSX:
1. Dead or Alive 6 - Digital Foundry already beat me too it, but I want to see the 4K 60fps boobs for myself.
2. Blue Dragon - It never got enhanced for One X and has some terrible aliasing. Really hope they managed to brute force double the resolution like they've been talking about.
3. Sword Art Online Alicization Lycoris - This game has terrible performance all around. I'm not even sure XSX will be enough to stabilize it. It will be a true test.
4. Mad Max - This has some of the worst input lag I've come across. Lets's see if their attempts to alleviate that stuff helped any because this is a cool game besides that.
5. Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice - Saved for a first playthrough. Unless it improves from the prototype footage it doesn't seem to lock at 60fps but it's still way better than before and I'm not waiting for the Pro consoles to play it.

Plus tons more for both but those are the ones I want to try out first. Basically I would be happy if both systems launched with 0 games.
Gravety Rush 😂😂😂😂
You mean Gravity Rush imirite

Roberts

I've been playing Sekiro on-and-off for the last year - I will finish that on XSX. I don't think it will make the game any easier, but steady 60 fps will definitely be an improvement.

Even though I had Xbox One from Day 1, I didn't really play it all that much until Xbox One X came out and I mostly spent time playing enhanced games. So, I haven't played quite a few early gen games like the latest Deus Ex, Evil Within, Dark Souls 2 and so on. If they get some sort of res/fps upgrades, I will definitely play them. Have to give Sunset Overdrive one more chance. Just Cause 3 looked really fun, but it just needed a better hardware, so maybe that one.

Top Bottom