• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Boogie Video (Wii exclusive from EA)

canocha said:
Its 4 decades (40 years).. not 40 decades! :D

I know, but it was written 40 decades at first in the article, thats why he spoke about the year 1607. :)

Hehe Vooks, think you may have made a booboo.

Quote:
The game will features 40 decades of music
40? That's slightly high ain't it?

Or are we supposed to be partying like it's 1607? :p

D3RANG3D

pedobear_seal.gif

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Omg an original Wii game with good graphics and licensed music? cheap cashin!11 im gonna go play ssx blur isntead!!1

This looks pretty cool I think, though I have no idea why EA keeps releasing large Wii screenshots (resolution wise). They look doubleplusbad.

1-D_FTW

Downloaded the trailer from Gametrailers.com and outputted it to the big screen HDTV and if that's ingame, it gets my vote for best looking Wii game on a large screen HDTV. Very impressive looking.

Note: I don't care if other games look better on small sets, cause that's no longer the criteria my eyes are being subjected to:)

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
Wtf you doin EA? You have to show someone using the remote along with the gameplay or we will only judge the graphics. The visuals look alright but why was she gliding all around the dance floor unnaturally?

I predict this game will be HUGE with little girls that love to dance and show off.

Kangu

Banned
Y2Kevbug11 said:
Omg an original Wii game with good graphics and licensed music? cheap cashin!11 im gonna go play ssx blur isntead!!1

Am I missing something here? This music game with one character and a closed off stage is supposed to look like what exactly? It's not even comparable to a fighting game in terms of stuff on screen and environment interaction and it still manages to look like a C+ cube game.

An LOL at having licensed music extempting it from being a cheap cash in. (Not that I think it is.)

It's a bit sad and a bit telling that most of you only focus/criticize the graphics. The controls are what will make or break the game and the initial setup doesnt sound encouraging. Please fix/change it, EA.

superbank

The definition of front-butt.
chibcicylist said:
It's a bit sad and a bit telling that most of you only focus/criticize the graphics.

They only presented the graphics to us so thats all we can judge, their mistake. The game looks decent anyway so there shouldn't be much complaining.

Phthisis

chibcicylist said:
The controls are what will make or break the game and the initial setup doesnt sound encouraging. Please fix/change it, EA.

:lol

The game isnn't even done being created and they're already complaining.

Galactic Fork

A little fluff between the ears never did any harm...
bgassassin said:
The concept of the game is definitely interesting, but what caught my eye was this.

The game will come packaged with a microphone that plugs into one of the Wii system's USB ports.

Bluetooth dongle for headsets in the future?

Oh, I guess that answers my question. I was thinking the attachment would plug into the wiimote like the nunchuck, which is what confused me because it also said it used the nunchuck. (Unfortunately I can't read IGN at work). This definitely points to separate singing and dancing parts, holding the wiimote, nunchuck AND mic would be rather dumb.

Belfast

StevieP said:
Yeah, I know... I mean I can hardly ever get my grandmother to stop playing DDR: Extreme!

Somebody not reading the part about different selectable/customizable characters? *slaps forehead* Where's AniHawk and his Simpsons GIFS when you need em.

Bemani games thrive on competition and difficulty, not......this. :\

turk128

cbrotherson said:
The Bratz thing is likely intentional. And the reason being is Bratz is huge and only getting bigger. EA's already on to a winner with the concept alone; throw in some identikit-me-too characters like these and watch the sales EXPLODE regardless of whether it's good or not.
Exactly. Also, the Bratz people can't sue them becaus isntead of straight out ripping off Bratz, they went back to what Bratz ripped off in the first place; anime... with a big helping of Junko Mizuno.

Like others have said the animations are a bit wierd but things seem pretty promising so far, from the art style to the proposed gameplay and controls mechanics. I'm really glad to see EA making exclusive stuff for the wii, even if this kind of stuff isn't totally my cup of tea.

StevieP

Banned
GreenGlowingGoo said:
Oh, I guess that answers my question. I was thinking the attachment would plug into the wiimote like the nunchuck, which is what confused me because it also said it used the nunchuck. (Unfortunately I can't read IGN at work). This definitely points to separate singing and dancing parts, holding the wiimote, nunchuck AND mic would be rather dumb.

I think it's a headset, not just a mic. But the intervew could correct me.

Top Bottom