• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Boogie Video (Wii exclusive from EA)

VOOK

We don't know why he keeps buying PAL, either.
EA just sent me a video of Boogie and a PR...

Link to Video
streaming

Dance, Sing, Create! Play to an all-new beat in this singing and dancing game where you create and customize your very own Boog, and then take the stage to become a star. Using the unique Wii™ controls and a peripheral microphone, showcase your best singing and dancing moves. Use the fun and intuitive editing toy to create your very own music video, complete with multiple camera angles and cool special effects - this is the ultimate videogame party package!

With a huge selection of hit songs from over four decades, a variety of lovable characters, and an intuitive controller scheme, Boogie is the must-have sing-along, dance-a-long party game for players of all ages.

· Make Your Boog a Star—Choose one of the Boogs and customize their look.

· Controls That Make You Shake & Move—Bring your Boog to life with the innovative, motion-based Wii controls. Dance, shake, and move with the Wii Remote while controlling your Boog’s upper body movements and facial expressions with the Nunchuk.

· Your Moves, Your Voice, Your Video—Capture your best dance moves, record your voice, and make your Boog a star with the easy-to-use editing toy. Change camera angles, add effects, and create the ultimate music video.

· Party It Up—Fun mini-games, coop gameplay, head-to-head battles, and karaoke party makes Boogie the perfect party game and a complete entertainment experience.

· The Music Reigns Supreme—From rock to pop, disco to funk, Boogie will have you singing and dancing to an all-new beat.

Boogie_Theatre_01.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_02.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_03.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_04.jpg

Boogie_Theatre_05.jpg

pswii60

WOW

I take it the white swirls are the Wiimote moves? Looks shit.

EA should leave this sort of thing to Nintendo.

StevieP

Banned
Well, pretty good opportunity for some site-pimpage here, considering you're the first. All that said, that video looks pretty.... weird? It certainly made me curious, but I'd like to see more 'substance' (i.e. some of the other stuff in the PR release) than just a woman dancing without any idea of how or why she's dancing :lol

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Hope this comes out okay, what happen to the Pikmin/Night Before Christmas stage? I want to see that one in motion. Glad to see there will be different types of characters to choose from though, thought they'd all look like Spongebob character rip-offs.

VOOK

StevieP said:
Well, pretty good opportunity for some site-pimpage here, considering you're the first. All that said, that video looks pretty.... weird? It certainly made me curious, but I'd like to see more 'substance' (i.e. some of the other stuff in the PR release) than just a woman dancing without any idea of how or why she's dancing :lol

I got 5 screenshots going up too, but I thought video would be best :)

Looks good! Now I wanna see a video showing Wiimote controls and the microphone (It's an official Nintendo accessory I believe isn't it?)

StevieP

Banned
Doesn't look bad at all, even if they're small... but I still don't know what the heck is going on in those pics... yeah, they're dancing... but how? Isn't it some kinda policy to show the Wiimote/Nunchuk on these things or something? Or was that only at launch? :D edit: the bigger versions look a bit blurrier, but perhaps that's due to JPG compression.

Potential is there. Now they should show the gameplay footages and controls.

Also, the new screenies are kinda bordering on the Bratz/Slutz/Whorez angle.

I kind of liked the goofy alien dude they showed before. These new Bratz characters? Not so much. I'll pass on this for sure.

StevieP

Banned
akachan ningen said:
Yeesh, could anybody other than middle ageds looking for nostalgia enjoy this? I'm sorry, it just barely looks like a game.

Yeah, I know... I mean I can hardly ever get my grandmother to stop playing DDR: Extreme!

I kind of liked the goofy alien dude they showed before. These new Bratz characters? Not so much. I'll pass on this for sure.

Somebody not reading the part about different selectable/customizable characters? *slaps forehead* Where's AniHawk and his Simpsons GIFS when you need em.

It seems like you get different background/stage for different character template, it seems. All the Whorez will probably dance on that highschool stage motif and fat alien guy is gonna dance in Nightmare Before Christmas ripoff motif.

VOOK

Kabouter said:
Hehe Vooks, think you may have made a booboo.

40? That's slightly high ain't it?
Or are we supposed to be partying like it's 1607? :p

I fixed on my article just haven't update my post but thanks for point it out :lol

I think I like how the game looks, but the animation that was shown in the trailer was completely chaotic. That's no dancing...
Otherwise there seems to have pretty cool ideas thrown around and we barely saw how the game controls. We will see how it turns out.

Eteric Rice said:
Do not want.

I don't like dancing/ singing games. :/
great, thanks for entering the ****ing thread you moron

Nolan. said:
I don't think I like it. Looks like a quick cash in to me.
how can you consider something that looks like one of the machine's best games graphically, under an entirely original IP, using licensed music, a new control system for the remote, and a ****ing microphone attachment a quick cash in god DAMN THERE ARE SO MANY STUPID PEOPLE ON THIS FORUM

SumGamer

Trailer looks great.

Controls That Make You Shake & Move—Bring your Boog to life with the innovative, motion-based Wii controls. Dance, shake, and move with the Wii Remote while controlling your Boog’s upper body movements and facial expressions with the Nunchuk

This does not.

VOOK

wonderfuldays said:
Oh yeah, girls will like it.:)
Still very early stage am I right?

Yeah must its not out till the end of the year.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
VOOK said:
Yeah must its not out till the end of the year.

Er hang on a second, EA are giving this game a decent dev period? in it's current state I thought it would be a June release or something, wow, anticipation level rising, at this rate they might actually be able to have the time to add a decent level of polish and glamour to the game like it deserves to have.

EA are being so confusing, making hap-hazard tosh like "EA playground" but then also giving a good dev period for this, and of course putting some serious effort into MySims, good grief EA, either support the Wii properly or not at all, :p

plank

There is something kind of odd about that video, the way the camera at times seem to move with the character, and crazy nonsense type of dance she's doing, and flashing aura with sparks emanating from her (like an indicator similar to SSX when you do a trick). Its almost as if its in game footage.

Not bad. It's good to see that they are different settings for both stages and characters. Not to keen on the Bratz vibe these characters give me but if I can go back to that other dude shown in the first batch of screens-no problem.

I'm interested in the singing, I hope you can combine singing and dancing, that would be pretty sweet.

Between this and Singstar my gf will probably have friends over every weekend.

Oh I hope the bad framerate is due to the video encoding Vooks?

E-phonk

Banned
still looks interesting to me. Original graphics style...

A lot depends on the tracklist for a game like this, so let's hope they have a variety of not-too-annoying to good songs.

Top Bottom