• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Diablo IV gameplay (PC, PS4, X1). Come share your opinions.

TexMex

Sir, if D4 launches in 2020 I will eat my WC3 manual.

There is no chance.

None.

I wouldn't exactly call it likely, but not impossible either. Shocked they have it playable on the show floor.

Also can I have your Warcraft 3 manual.

Last edited:

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
i want to be optimistic that it'll be coming out soon but i think last year with the Immortal bullshit they are showing D4 earlier than they would've liked.

unfortunately seems like it'll be a 2021 release. i guess i'll need to try put up with Diablo 3 for another year or two.

Last edited:

llien

Maybe Lost Ark Online is a horrible grind (I dunno) or worse artistically but overall it still looks like next gen material when it comes to such ARPGs.

Lost Ark looks good overall, but I find enemies stacking is rather weird.

Diablo 3 was playable at Blizzcon since 2008, this doesn't mean anything.
Reinstalling D3... I wish they had a Necromancer sale, I'm not paying 15 Euros for that lol

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
xb1 and ps4 means its releasign b4 next consoles in a year. Also looks good but the skills, talents, loot will make or break the game. Nobody knows anything yet.

Exciting though but wish we got a D2 remaster to hold us over.

They probably aren't allowed to say the names of next-gen consoles so it might release in 2020 or in 2021 as a crossgen title.

2022 would be too late for ps4/xbox one.

chozen

I want the nitty gritty on the systems/loot. Also as I said in the other thread, I'm disappointed there is no light weight assassin like class.

Besides that, it looks cool.

Last edited:

Reon

There were almost no realistic circumstances where I felt I would be purchasing this game, but this artstyle is exactly what I missed with D3 and has pretty much solidified my interest. The cold, dark gothic look being absent from the bright rainbow of a game D3 really turned me off from the franchise and I figured it was never coming back since Blizzard has such a hard time listening to fan feedback.

Drake

It looks like POE. meh. The ARPG genre is pretty crowded anyways. I'd really like to see Warcraft 4, but we all know that's not happening.

Ivory Blood

I want the nitty gritty on the systems/loot. Also as I said in the other thread, I'm disappointed there is no light weight assassin like class.

Besides that, it looks cool.
There are five classes total. Only 3 are announced so far. Plus there will be character customisation.

Lanrutcon

There are five classes total. Only 3 are announced so far. Plus there will be character customisation.

Where'd you get the number 5 from? I missed that.

So we got a Bard, Sorc and Druid. We're missing the "Rogue", the "Holy warrior" and the "Occultist". Wonder who got the axe.

Hudo

Hmm. I am a bit disappointed, tbh. I would've loved if Blizzard had been a bit bolder. I wanted to see a third-person hack and slash but without the looter-shooter stuff that the rumour was throwing around. Oh well, seems OK.

PerfectDark

Banned
Looks what u expect a more modern Diablo 3. Again skill, talents, loot will lead this game to Diablo 2 or Diablo 3. They don't get the benefit of the doubt unless u want to say games probably more likley to be like D3 then D2.

Very exciting but can go both ways good or bad.

Last edited:

Ivory Blood

Where'd you get the number 5 from? I missed that.

So we got a Bard, Sorc and Druid. We're missing the "Rogue", the "Holy warrior" and the "Occultist". Wonder who got the axe.

Players will be able to choose between five different, unique classes on launch. Let’s start with a few fan favorites, three of which we’re revealing today at BlizzCon

I hope Necromancer is in. Need me my dark and edgy caster.

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

Holy shit they did it! They ditched the pastel look and went back to the original art style! :messenger_loudly_crying: 🙏

It looks so good! So on board!

FranXico

I wonder how will microtransactions ruin this very promising looking game.
Maybe getting it on PC for the inevitable Winnie The Pooh mod.

Nydius

I don't know how I feel about the concepts of "non-linear campaign" and "online shared world". I suppose we could technically call D3 an online shared world where players could join if your game was open but when I hear "online shared world" I think of things like Destiny and the Division.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Diablo 3's combat looks and feel cartonish.
Uh, I prefer the term "arcade-like"

brainlettttt.jpg

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
I don't know how I feel about the concepts of "non-linear campaign" and "online shared world".
Personally, I love the sound of it. Adventure mode in D3 is the best way to play it. Maybe in D4 you'll be able to "invade" other players' maps like in the Souls series.

chozen

I don't know how I feel about the concepts of "non-linear campaign" and "online shared world". I suppose we could technically call D3 an online shared world where players could join if your game was open but when I hear "online shared world" I think of things like Destiny and the Division.

Which would be a good thing, they're getting with the times.

Top Bottom