• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Diablo IV gameplay (PC, PS4, X1). Come share your opinions.

Raphael

Amazing. Its what we all wanted 3 to be.

I think the gamę will have more than 3 classes available they Just didnt announce them yet? Or is it implied its just 3 plus rest is dlc?

Last edited:

Lupin3

Targeting terrorists with a D-Pad
Looks same old, sort of, but that's what Diablo players want. I'm in!

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
not sure about the horses tbh....

maybe because the maps are larger so they help with travelling? seems kind of odd. i don't wanna be riding horses all the time.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I have to say, as an old diablo fan the tone and the aesthetics look right from what we've seen.

I like the druid - that class only appeared in diablo history once: with Lord of Destruction. Nice callback there, they know what they're doing.

This looks like 2020-2021 since it's going to launch on current gen. We'll see.

I'm still worried about the microtransaction design for the game tho. Let's hope Activision's dick was satisfied with WoW and Overwatch and didn't fuck Diablo into Oblivion.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
not sure about the horses tbh....

maybe because the maps are larger so they help with travelling? seems kind of odd. i don't wanna be riding horses all the time.
Options for speedily traveling will be much appreciated. Believe me, player movement/speed was one of the chief complaints in every single Dibalo game so far. Every single game. Once you get into that loot-grind rhythm, your character will feel painfully slow no matter how fast you go. Providing some sort of timed/cooldown mount opens up character class builds, since you won't have to include one or more skills to quickly traverse the map if you don't want to. Diablo 3 at least offers quite a few options for increasing character speed, so the problem of map travel has been mitigated, but it could be better.

Mounts will probably end up being a smart decision, and players will happily spend $$ to get skins for them :goog_wink:

Looks ok. I'll buy it when it costs 20€ with all DLC classes/expansions. Doesn't look good enough to pay 69€ at releases (+ dlc prices) (and I have no intention of giving Blizzard much money anyway)
Cool, thanks for your blog update. Was wondering if you were going to buy it at full price.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Looks like Diablo II artistically. A bit slow as others have said, maybe like it's more beat 'em up style than constant clickety click crowd control and kiting to accommodate console/action game users better (but obviously still have decent point & click controls on PC). They better have more classes added before launch, I like none of those and only 3 is laughable anyway. Overall it looks good but it doesn't look nearly as amazing as Lost Ark Online does when you first see it. They should have looked at that game if they wanted it more like a beat 'em up. Maybe Lost Ark Online is a horrible grind (I dunno) or worse artistically but overall even after all these years it's been showcased it still looks like next gen material in comparison when it comes to such ARPGs. Crazy skills, diversity, synergies, situational functionality tweaks operated on the fly as you see fit and epic set pieces with tons of awesome shit and moving parts to go with it.

Last edited:

Nymphae

Banned
Are these games playable on console without a Blizzard account or whatever it is? I have never been into Blizzard games, but I got D3 at launch, and had a Blizzard account or whatever. Stopped playing it years ago and never use the account, then earlier this year I got emails saying someone was trying to access my account. I didn't do anything about it because I didn't think it mattered much, wasn't going back to the game and I never linked my account to anything or purchased anything with it etc. I'd just like to play this, and potentially grab D3 for PS4, if I don't have to manage accounts.

Looks slow like it has been designed for console controls from the start - what separated Diablo from it's clones was amazing feeling of killing hordes of enemies and super responsive controls.

This looks more like clone than real Diablo but I guess most of people who made previous games left already so it's modern fake Blizzard copying their old game.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Looks like Diablo II artistically. A bit slow as others have said, maybe like it's more beat 'em up style than constant clickety click crowd control and kiting to accommodate console users better (but obviously still have decent point & click controls on PC). They better have more classes added before launch, I like none of those and only 3 is laughable anyway. Overall it looks good but it doesn't look nearly as amazing as Lost Ark Online does when you first see it. They should have looked at that game if they wanted it more like a beat em up. Maybe Lost Ark Online is a horrible grind (I dunno) or worse artistically but overall it still looks like next gen material when it comes to such ARPGs.

That looks sweet! But I'm playing on console I want to own a physical copy of the Ultimate version, plus couch co op, so it's not an option for me yet. I like the more mechanical/military setting. Looks unique.

Are these games playable on console without a Blizzard account or whatever it is?
I can't speak for the PS4 version, but the Switch version doesn't require an account.

Top Bottom