• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Dishonored Video Review (CVG)

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
888888888grrc6.png

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B7HtHgMS1U0

Vire

Huh.. interesting. Didn't expect it to score so well.

I'll keep an eye out for this one, although I'm wary since it's the first review.

Kade

It's a good idea to make up a negative point when you feel something is wrong with a game but can't articulate what it is.

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Spoilery to watch?

Still wary though, didn't find Human Revolution and Witcher 2 amazing like their reviews.

Snuggles

erotic butter maelstrom
"A slow-burner, tales awhile to learn how everything works" sounds like a good thing to me. I probably should have preordered this instead of of buying Borderlands 2, but I'll give it a shot soon anyways. It's a very slow Holiday season.

First review, though.

linko9

Game gets a glowing review and all people want to do is bitch about the minor negative points...

Good to see the game turned out so well.

Derrick01

Banned
I get that those negatives are straw grasping but those have to be the worst "negatives" on a game ever :lol

Can't watch a video on this though. Too spoilery.

pa22word

When the score's 9.5 I get the feeling this is basically grasping at straws, possibly not even things the reviewer has a problem with but recognizes others might.

This, pretty much. Very excited for this game, some 4chan player playing on casual be damned.

Raptor

9.5?

Im pleased, really great score, also those negatives are not negatives IMO at all, they just wanted to say something negative.

GO DISHONORED GO!!

Kade

Game gets a glowing review and all people want to do is bitch about the minor negative points...

Good to see the game turned out so well.

No one is upset about those points and are glad that the review is so positive. I think it's fair to point out that the negative points against the game seem pretty stupid the same way it's fair to point out people are "bitching" about them. What's funny is most people (The same people this game is targeted at -- fans of immersive sims/FPS RPG hybrids) see those negative points as major pluses.

I kind of regret getting XCOM over this now, not that I think XCOM is going to be bad or worse, or anything short of amazing really, but it's pretty clear this is what everyone is going to be talking about for the next month.

I'm not trying to bitch, I think it's hilarious (and somewhat sad) to see that pretty much the only bad thing they could think to say about the game is that there are a lot of systems to be learned throughout the game, which to most people on this forum is something we look for in a game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Why is it a negative that it takes time to learn the game?

ironcreed

Banned
They called it GOTY and said it was a once in a generation game that rewards patience. Can't get much better praise than that.

Salz01

I would have liked to have a demo of this new IP. Now, it's just going to wait till a steam sale for me. It looks interesting, but nothing really wows me to warrant a day one purchase. Will wait for more gaf impressions

Video review goes on youtube before the embargo lifts and without the main site having the full review? Someone forgot to switch that privacy option while uploading the video, methinks...

Will definitely be buying this, it looks awesome. Nice to see it scored quite well even though it's only the first review, i don't want this to end up like Rage did. I would of liked to hear about how long the game is or if there are any sort of bonus objectives, collectables etc though.

Chairhome

I love that people here are complaining about a review of a game that they haven't played yet, based on two sentences from a screen capture of a video review.

GorillaJu

9.5, as in 9.5 out of 10? As in, an amazing game, will be up there with the GOTYs of the year?

Oh... they said there's too many NPCs.. ANGER! RAAGE! HOW DARE THEY! They just played it wrong!
LLShC.gif

Top Bottom