• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First footage of The Gallery on VIve. Crappy name, astounding demo.

Right Here.

I think this is a perfect example of what Vive's tracking is capable of and what gameplay designed specifically for whole room VR can be.

The atmosphere is great and that rock creature probably looks downright harrowing at scale in VR.

Bring on the VR atmospheric environment based puzzler revolution.

kyser73

Did the person playing actually threw that thingy into the air and catch it? That's insane.

Yea, I was thinking the same thing. Not impossible though.

Yup, they sure did. During the first Morpheus demos a lot of players were juggling with the sword in the dragon demo. This kind of object interaction is one of the big challenges in VR from design standpoint - anything that can be moved has to be moveable - no more tables glued to the floor, no more fixed ornaments.

Seanspeed

Banned
Yup, they sure did. During the first Morpheus demos a lot of players were juggling with the sword in the dragon demo. This kind of object interaction is one of the big challenges in VR from design standpoint - anything that can be moved has to be moveable - no more tables glued to the floor, no more fixed ornaments.
There's no reason every object has to be moveable. It would be nice, but not mandatory.

Tythan

Ok, bute I hope objects will have a realistic weight. I don't want to stuck into a pinned table, but the table don't have to fly away after I kick it.

Xone9

Banned
Crappy name - Vive

Crappy name - Gallery

This reminded me of "The Room" on ipad/android

Would like to see that moved to a VR game.

Top Bottom