• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First free DLC to drop for Titanfall 2 11/30

Liberty4all

Banned
Angel City looks intense. I never got to play T1, glad I'll get to experience that vertical map design I keep hearing about.

Haines

Banned
That was one of the best dev blog posts ive read in a while. So well written.

I absolutely loved how they made it clear that they dont fuck around with dlc and they are trying to be honest with the community.

I will support this game, like i did the first with its season pass.

LOVE THIS GAME SOOOOO MUCH. Best multiplayer I've played since COD4. Campaign was real fun too.

If you are interested just buy the damn thing.

Free DLC and a cosmetics store is the way to do it.

vg260

In addition to the free stuff, we will be opening a store in game with the launch of DLC #1 that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it.

Fantastic. This is how it should be done. No nonsense.

Victrix

*beard*
This is it. This is how you do dlc.

(now they will proceed to make millions less than games selling gambling crates)

excaliburps

Press - MP1st.com
This is it. This is how you do dlc.

(now they will proceed to make millions less than games selling gambling crates)

Yep, but hopefully, the people who are playing MP will buy a few skins. If they're awesome enough, I gather some will.

Who knows? With Rainbow Six Siege, and if this works, we might usher in a new era for MP DLC content. It might or might not work, but I'm willing to do my bit to be heard. :)

Zomba13

Awwwww yus

PrestigiousTheseBumblebee.gif

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Freaking love it.

Respawn. Truly sorry I talked down the game after the tech test.

This game deserves every possible sale. The gameplay is near perfect. So well done.

1upmuffin

Just bought on PC, installing now, hope multiplayer community has a resurgence with updates and sales. Should definitely have a trial added to Origin Access.

Welcome news, multiplayer and campaign have both been fantastic for this game. And now these DLCs... I hope they bring back that late DLC horde mode. It was a lot of fun for 4p.

Mupod

Locking people out of a map when the PC numbers are already pretty low seems silly. I even preordered the game, I just got screwed out of the bonus by the retailer I got it from.

Locking people out of a map when the PC numbers are already pretty low seems silly. I even preordered the game, I just got screwed out of the bonus by the retailer I got it from.

I forgot about the preorder incentive and actually, I never received a code either... wtf

Respawn, I know you're reading these comments... help us out!

Although i agree it should be made available to everyone. Literally no reason at this point to only open it up to those who received a code. Player count is already small, just give everyone day 1 access to the map.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
I forgot about the preorder incentive and actually, I never received a code either... wtf

Respawn, I know you're reading these comments... help us out!

Although i agree it should be made available to everyone. Literally no reason at this point to only open it up to those who received a code. Player count is already small, just give everyone day 1 access to the map.

Read the thread man. Everyone will get the map.

thumb

Banned
Respawn has done everything right:

• They made a fantastic, high-quality shooter. They polished it. It runs great on all platforms.
  • They committed to providing all multiplayer maps for free.
  • They added cosmetic DLC that does not require chasing items in blind boxes or buying in-game currency.

And they might get screwed sales-wise. I really, really want this to be a hit for them. I fear that their consumer-friendly, wallet-friendly approach will be punished by the market.

Mupod

Read the thread man. Everyone will get the map.

Maybe you should read their post yourself. We know it's coming to everyone eventually. But early access to a map as an incentive only makes sense on platforms with the population to support it. So the ones who bought the game on word of mouth or during the recent sales have to wait, and the ones who actually got a preorder code will have a significantly smaller pool of people to play it with.

I'm sure it was just some dumb publisher idea and it's far from the worst example of preorder bs. Just seems like something that nobody in the world would complain about if they just let everybody in on day 1.

Samaritan

... that will allow you to purchase new skins, camo and Prime Titans if you want for a modest price. We will have no in-game currency exchange. No locked loot boxes, crafting shards or pay-to-win weaponry. No RNG. If you see something you like, you buy it and that’s it.

I shall be buying every one of these pieces of content just to support this decision. Community-first choices like this deserve to be rewarded by that community.

tariniel

My favorite map in Titanfall 1 was Rise, I really liked playing CTF there and running at the very top of the map. Felt so good. Either way I'm really looking forward to the update next week especially the stats screen.

Vipu

Banned
I picked this game as my one FPS to buy this year and it was because of their philosophy about DLC. I don't want to have to spend $120 to get the "Full Game" with a season pass or some shit.

Do you think it is possible that EA punished Respawn and their free DLC offering with the terrible release window? Seems pretty shortsighted if so but I just can't figure out any other reason they would send it off to die the way they did.

Personally I think the free DLC will be this game's saving grace in the long run and it will help the community continue to grow.

They are just fighting with COD, first BF to get most of people to play it and then TF2 to milk rest of the more COD liking people.

DKo5

Respawn Entertainment
Won't you be splitting between the people that have the map and those that don't, even if it's only for 3 days?

Being that we're leaving lots of money on the table by not selling DLC maps so that our playerbase can continue playing together, that would be a pretty silly thing to do with our first map.

Also do deluxe edition buyers get early access to the map?

No, only for pre-orders.

Top Bottom