• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Half of 2020

Seems to be PACKED with potential triple A games. Going down the first 5 months for me personally:

January- If the time frame of DBZ fighter Z's release is any indication, DBZ: Project Kakarot should be released in January.

Feburary- Rumor has been swirling that TLOU II might be a Feb release.

March- FF:VII Remake.

April- Cyberpunk 2077

May- Marvel's Avengers.

The first 5 months of 2020 seem pretty well packed with big games. And since the later half will feature new Consoles we can expect a ton more games.

Might 2020 be one of the best years in gaming!?

MiguelItUp

Well it has to make up for the snooze fest that is going on right now.
Right? I've been wanting to play, but nothing sounds appealing. :(

Last I REALLY played was Bloodstained, and I really enjoyed it! Thinking about 2020, I really can't wait for Cyberpunk. Though I am curious about TLOU II.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Q1 of 2019 was jam packed. Early 2020 does look really good, but Q1/Q2 of this year was pretty insane. KH, RE2, DMC, Sekiro, etc/ Final Fantasy and Cyberpunk sounds incredible.

I don't think right now is a terrible time. It gives the already released game(s) time to breath until the other game(s) come out. Cyberpunk looks awesome and the marketing for it is pretty insane. Next month is Gears 5 and Borderlands 3. October has Modern Warfare and then November is going to be pretty big with Death Stranding. Gears 5 is September 5th and Borderlands is September 13th. Its probably safe to say that everything will pick up speed. I went inside GameStop and it felt like a wasteland. All the game(s) still waiting to be released, while nothing looks interesting due to owning the majority of game(s) that came out already.

I'm pumped for 2020. Should be a lot of games. Ori and the Will of the Wisps in Febuary. Tunic is slated for 2019 but may get pushed to early 2020. Battletoads is also likely an early 2020 release. Animal Crossing yep yep yep.

Vawn

Banned
Unfortunately, many of the best games for consoles release at the end of their lifecycles but their launch windows are typically weak. So I'm not expecting the back half of 2020 to match the first half in quality of software.

The exception to this rule is Nintendo, but they're currently mid-generation.

Unfortunately, many of the best games for consoles release at the end of their lifecycles but their launch windows are typically weak. So I'm not expecting the back half of 2020 to match the first half in quality of software.

The exception to this rule is Nintendo, but they're currently mid-generation.

I think Halo Infinite will be something special.

Dazrael

How much gaming do you guys really do if there is nothing around at the moment to play? My backlog is crazy, I just haven’t got time to play everything that I’m interested in.

Bergoglio

Wat

This is the best quarter this generation IMO. KH3 is the hardest "competition" in this regard to me but I'd say this lineup is better overall.

First two quarters of 2020 are worst than entire 2019, but better than 2018, imo

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
None of those games interest me. I'll wait for something more to my liking.
Hopefully we get Granblue Fantasy Relink for 2020.
GOELzkC.gif

hP9IXsJ.gif

ynLfIeW.gif

Nutsogood

Neo Member
2020 is going to be a great year for games, takes a while for the good ones to come out and finally we're getting Cyberpunk, FF7 remake, and TLOU 2??? All in the first half too. That's pretty awesome.

V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
FF 7 and Animal Crossing are the only ones I’m really excited for.

Top Bottom