• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 4 in game images [Up: Third New Screenshot In OP]

Anteater

I combined both answers in one post because I too lazy to address you both individually.

Yea, but I said nothing about DoF, the free camera, and I didn't say anything about bungie, but you were right in your first post that I missed the post he made on resolution.

I just went ahead and posted after his initial response on bullshots, because I thought rendering them at a higher resolution is what bullshot means =P

GavinGT

Banned
How many times must we continue to fall into the same traps?

Engines are almost always iterative and initial screenshots are often deceiving.

cluto

Ok guys, lets stop arguing about bullshit and start talking about all the baby OONSKs on m cheif's knuckles. They're like OONSK vitamins.

8f8800a1.jpg

Anteater

How many times must we continue to fall into the same traps?

Engines are almost always iterative and initial screenshots are often deceiving.

He has already clarified it's a shot from ingame but rendered at higher resolution though, so there's nothing deceiving about these being what it would look like, probably at a lower res in the final game.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
More Halo? Absolutely, but I always felt like 3 was a nice end for Chief, what with (at the time, at least) a lot of people thought
implied that Marathon happened after the credits
. I dunno, I don't follow the series that heavily, I just like the games.

Looking forward to the reveal.

I always wanted more Cheif + Cortana stuff, Halo 3 didn't satisfy that too much. What with spending the whole game searching for her.

GavinGT

Banned
He has already clarified it's a shot from ingame but rendered at higher resolution though, so there's nothing deceiving about these being what it would look like, probably at a lower res in the final game.

I'm more suspicious of the AA than the resolution.

I'm just hoping for some video soon. These screen shots are pretty sweet and all but I don't care about the graphics to much as long as its h3+ graphics, what I do care about is what the game will be.

Not sure about the whole BR thing though. I actually like the DMR more.
No bloom plox

yeah... tell that to the team that sold out the pc tech so that they could bring you a game that, in most aspects, looks less impressive then their previous one.

No, developing for multiple platforms didn't impact them at all.

Crysis 1= awesome graphics, horrible optimization. Crysis 2 = awesome graphics, great optimization. The game Crysis 2 alone may have been a downgrade in some aspects, but thats because they focused on 360 for that game. When the next gen comes out, guess what, they'll be making the game look a lot better with the same engine (CryEngine3). In other words, your argument isn't really a response to mine.

To clarify: Crytek made the first Crysis on PC only. The Halo franchise will be going from one system to the next; it's all xbox so it'll be a smooth transition in comparison. I was bringing up Crytek because of their engine's console applicable aspects, not trying to bring the PC in.

JimiNutz

Banned
This is a delicious starter before the main course in 6 or so hours.
A beta release date would be a nice desert too :)

If this were another Bungie developed Halo I dont think I'd be that excited but I really can't wait to see 343s take on the Halo franchise. Graphically im expecting it to look a lot better than Bungies offerings and really can't wait to see some new enemies, vehicles, environments and gameplay mechanics too!!

Thoraxes

Yea, but I said nothing about DoF, the free camera, and I didn't say anything about bungie, but you were right in your first post that I missed the post he made on resolution.

I just went ahead and posted after his initial response on bullshots, because I thought rendering them at a higher resolution is what bullshot means =P

I assumed that you were instigating that the detail on the quality of the chief was further brought out by what we were told was added DoF, providing a difference between him and his background, and by making him appear sharper in contrast to the background which would further bring out the detail of his model as there was nothing to compare it against in the background due to the added effect that was done for these shots as posted because it indeed was something was added. Additionally, you should know what a debug camera would allow in this process, which is related to the things you asked about. The other poster said the other stuff.

Also, oh :/ (I am tired)

Redford

aka Cabbie
It's like opening your first present on Christmas as a kid and wanting to play with it even though there's MORE.

SalientOne

Internet Batman
These are untouched, taken from in game using debug cam. No tricks (other than increased resolution for print). Absolutely representative of the game.

Can't wait to see more, these seriously have me excited. Its too early to determine what the rest of the game looks like yet, but something tells me its damn sexy.

Also, do I see clouds reflecting in his Visor?

Anteater

I assumed that you were instigating that the detail on the quality of the chief was further brought out by what we were told was added DoF, providing a difference between him and his background, and by making him appear sharper in contrast to the background which would further bring out the detail of his model as there was nothing to compare it against in the background due to the added effect that was done for these shots as posted because it indeed was something was added. Additionally, you should know what a debug camera would allow in this process, which is related to the things you asked about. The other poster said the other stuff.

No, those things you mentioned has nothing to do with what I asked, the camera just pulls back and allows you to move freely right?

I was just asking if it's rendered at 1600x900 which he clarified in a later post I missed, that's all. I think we should just move on =P

Edit: oops missed your edit, yeah lol

Looks like every other Halo game in history.

Are we talking design here, or graphical quality? If the former, yeah, kinda. It definitely broke away from the normal Halo look which kind of bothers me. If you mean quality. lol no, not "every other" Halo game in history. Reach sure. Anything prior..no.

Acidote

The fingers, specially on his left hand, are killing me.

CAMVA.png

They're too damn long. It may be the angle; I don't know, but they look very unproportioned in the full picture.

Dennis

Banned
Also, I am not really sure what you guys are expecting.

Rendering those fingers are gonna use up a lot of polygons and there is only so much you can wring out of aging hardware.

Also, I am not really sure what you guys are expecting.

Rendering those fingers are gonna use up a lot of polygons and there is only so much you can wring out of aging hardware.

it's the porportions on the fingers that are the problem. But i think that has to do with how the rigging is set up, it's pulling the hand down and stretching out those areas.

steveovig

Thanks for telling us that Master Chief looks like Master Chief. Appreciate the insight.

Honestly, not trying to troll or anything, but you could mix those screens up with screens from the other 360 Halos and try to have me guess what games they are from and I couldn't tell ya. All the damn Halo games look the same to me and this one is no different.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
These bullshots are less impressive than the Reach bullshots.
Not using temporal AA would go a long way towards making the game look better than Reach, though.

Oh, and when a developer dodges native resolution questions... BE AFRAID.

The fingers look long there, but I bet they look great from first person, and I really like the design. I am seriously liking what they did with the armor here, I really hope we can get more screens as the morning progresses.

Looks like every other Halo game in history.

Really? I mean, maybe the armor texture is Reach caliber, but otherwise these look a lot better than past games.

Honestly, not trying to troll or anything, but you could mix those screens up with screens from the other 360 Halos and try to have me guess what games they are from and I couldn't tell ya. All the damn Halo games look the same to me and this one is no different.

Well, that's a problem of yours. I could tell the difference :)

aegies

I'm just hoping for some video soon. These screen shots are pretty sweet and all but I don't care about the graphics to much as long as its h3+ graphics, what I do care about is what the game will be.

Not sure about the whole BR thing though. I actually like the DMR more.
No bloom plox

You don't have that long to wait.

That says more about your lack of knowledge or interest in Halo than about the screenshots.

But at the same time, what do you want? It's only a pic of the Master Chief and thats it.

Top Bottom