• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 4 in game images [Up: Third New Screenshot In OP]

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
how do you know this?

I took them.

NxMau.gif

Dennis

Banned
Nice fidelity on the model but how about some environment shots?

Oh, people expect the models to look like this when they play?

Why holy shit? The AA and DoF looks nice but..texture resolution on the undersuit is all kinds of meh. Polygon wise it looks about the same as Reach...maybe a little higher since the suit seems to be broken up into small pieces.

You've been playing too much pc, my man! I think it looks awesome. Hope it runs well.

Izick

Remember when Halo 3 was first announced, and it looked amazing? Chief looked really detailed and "next gen-y?" (Then they changed him and the game fell short of that trailer.) Well this looks a lot like that, and guessing from how far we've come this generation, I'm guessing EDIT: NOT Bungie DEFINITELY NOT BUNGIE, BUT RATHER THE CORRECT DEVELOPER, WHO IS 343 can definitely pull this off.

I must say, before these actual shots, I wasn't too excited at the prospect of another Halo game. More of the same, yada, yada, yada and all that, but after seeing these shots, I must say I'm definitely excited to see how the game looks and plays. I'm not sold, but seeing Chief look even better than the last time always piques my interest. I don't know, maybe it's because I loved the first game so much...I feel like I fall into this hype trap with every game thinking "this has to be the one that tops Halo: CE in all regards!" and it never does.

Once again, we must wait and see.

Hawk269

Nice fidelity on the model but how about some environment shots?

Oh, people expect the models to look like this when they play?

Yeah, we need a gameplay screen shot. I would love to see a screen shot of actual gameplay with the hud and all...may not get it..but it would be nice. Shot's like these are awesome, but prefer shots that show the angle that I am going to play the game at.

I would not be suprised if the game looks "A LOT" better than Reach. I mean look at what Turn 10 did in 2 years between Forza 3 & 4. 2xthe number of cars, better lighting etc. It can be done, just requires a really good, custom built engine.

Kibbles

Remember when Halo 3 was first announced, and it looked amazing? Chief looked really detailed and "next gen-y?" (Then they changed him and the game fell short of that trailer.) Well this looks a lot like that, and guessing from how far we've come this generation, I'm guessing Bungie can definitely pull this off.

I must say, before these actual shots, I wasn't too excited at the prospect of another Halo game. More of the same, yada, yada, yada and all that, but after seeing these shots, I must say I'm definitely excited to see how the game looks and plays. I'm not sold, but seeing Chief look even better than the last time always piques my interest. I don't know, maybe it's because I loved the first game so much...I feel like I fall into this hype trap with every game thinking "this has to be the one that tops Halo: CE in all regards!" and it never does.

1. Bungie is not making this.
2. This is a lot closer to release than when that Halo 3 Chief was shown. That was well over a year before launch, these pics are only months away.

Lingitiz

Remember when Halo 3 was first announced, and it looked amazing? Chief looked really detailed and "next gen-y?" (Then they changed him and the game fell short of that trailer.) Well this looks a lot like that, and guessing from how far we've come this generation, I'm guessing Bungie can definitely pull this off.

343, not Bungie.

zap

Does this mean the floodgates will open? Or do we still have to wait for the rest?

I need to know the nature of the weapon!

If it's a BR/AR combo (aka semi auto or auto options) - best starting weapon ever :p (as long as the semi auto is better than spraying and praying at medium distance.

KageMaru

Looks great for modified halo tech.

Since when did the 360 have AA capabilities that resemble 8xMSAA on a 720p 1600x900 framebuffer?

I'm guessing its FXAA since HaloCEA had a great implementation of the effect, along with the blown up resolution. I could be wrong but doesn't 1600x900 scale down to 1280x720 as apposed to 1152x720 of halo reach?

So how excited are you for tomorrow?

Look at the Vita screenshot thread then :) Screens are always taken larger for print purposes.

If the image is being shown to us at a higher resolution than the final product will be running at, then it isn't truly representative. A more extreme example would be someone trying to pass off Dolphin HD screenshots to advertise their Wii game. Even though the jump from 720p to 900p isn't as dramatic (assuming it's 720p to begin with and not sub-HD like so many high profile games are these days), the principle remains unchanged. High Res stuff looks better than Low Res stuff.

GavinGT

Banned
Great, but how long until we get actual screen grabs? These are a little bullshotty.

As soon as aliasing gets a hold of those models they're not going to look the same.

A great looking halo game finally. Reach was a great playing game but was horrible on the eyes imo. Annoying metal gamey colors made the game look retarded at times.

Top Bottom