• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Halo 4 in game images [Up: Third New Screenshot In OP]

daedalius

On the good and the bad parts. Bungie was a creative developer, but they were never creating technical marvelpieces. When I look at these rough and jagged graphics, It makes me think of The Conduit, which was a Wii game. Man, I Can't wait for Next Xbox.

lol

Playing Halo Anniversary recently, I was hoping Halo 4 would go back to a centered aiming reticule. I never liked how it was offset towards the bottom of the screen. Not a big deal or anything.

Everything else looks good, and I guess just a bit underwhelming. I can understand why multiplayer looks familiar, to be safe and all. I'm a lot more interested in where the campaign goes and not much of it is shown. I really don't want them to play it safe there.

Alrix

While Halo will always hold a special place in my heart, hopefully Halo 4 brings something new to the table as a game. I'm completely uninterested in FPS multiplayer nowadays and would love for Halo 4 to set itself apart somehow. Of course, just the sight of the Chief will make me buy the game.

Playing Halo Anniversary recently, I was hoping Halo 4 would go back to a centered aiming reticule. I never liked how it was offset towards the bottom of the screen. Not a big deal or anything.

Everything else looks good, and I guess just a bit underwhelming. I can understand why multiplayer looks familiar, to be safe and all. I'm a lot more interested in where the campaign goes and not much of it is shown. I really don't want them to play it safe there.

Not much of anything was shown.

There are perks and loads of new aspects in mp that have not been brought up in depth.

Still loads to learn as the year goes on.

gif730lhw.gif

NOTE: Obvious youtube compression. Saved to 100% jpegs in ps.

iu2tXdDMXTB2d.jpg

ibnxXZZK0BbGN9.jpg

ibg9KxMziW2wwh.jpg

ihq4D9Oj3BudD.jpg

iyIcBK1M6njvH.jpg

iNZ4a4haYUAzF.jpg

ioUix1zKtdfXS.jpg

iJGJgYm3bKrfU.jpg

iWam2ZpwdHvRM.jpg

ibcoSQMvsMf7nz.jpg

ibjxxx5LPHIvva.jpg

ikWGt5MTS1YwO.jpg
Good stuff. =)
Its hard to belive some people are saying this looks just like previous games. While the art style is reminiscent of Halo 3 and Reach, it certainly is a vast improvement.

Small nitpick: The Spartan armor looks a bit flat, texture and lighting wise. I would love to see a little more pop with the texture and lighting on the armor like early Halo 3 shots

CamHostage

On the good and the bad parts. Bungie was a creative developer, but they were never creating technical marvelpieces. When I look at these rough and jagged graphics, It makes me think of The Conduit, which was a Wii game. Man, I Can't wait for Next Xbox.

Well, that's just crazy talk. Halo 1 & 2 were on the vanguard, and while Halo 3 and beyond lacked something whiz-bang special graphically for a lot of people, the technology employed and developed was still important and creative, just not always flashy. This new Halo makes for great screenshots and sequences because they're employing cinematic techniques to make it look better on the surface (Microsoft is also throwing a shitload of money at it to make sure Halo survives post-Bungie) but these are glamor effects that Bungie probably could have worked on but instead went another way on in for a cleaner and more customizable engine.

Whether that matters in the end about Bungie's clean engine versus 343's sexy engine (the Halo engine still got old fast, and this new team should have the support to employ their new techniques properly... though I agree that I get a whiff of trying-too-hard-to-impress ala Conduit from the screens) when us kids get our games home and pop them in is a different story. But let's not slam Bungie as a technologically advanced developer just because the new guys have made something new with lots of fresh ooh-wows.

J-Rzez

This is how I imagined Halo would look from the first iteration of the game on this gen actually, but, Bungie isn't known for visuals and all. Looks good for what it is, but personally I think I would have held this for the next xbox and give it some huge upgrades. Maybe they'll just do a dual release though on this one a-la Twilight Princess, just with huge visual upgrades, and allowing both machines to MP it out together on XBL.

Bogie19th

Neo Member
^needs new eye glasses

Holy crap...this on a 7 year old console (starting it's 8th year when this game releases). That is milking a console, and that is a good thing.

zlatko

Banned
Game looks tits. What they mentioned so far about it sounds tits.

My only major hope/want is that we finally get more color customization options for our Spartans for multiplayer. I'm sick of just two tone shit. Let me color individual pieces damn it! Oh and a bigger color wheel too.

Top Bottom