• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Image (Look) into the Last of Us TV Show - News Coming Soon

Draugoth

Gold Member
The last day of filming for The Last of Us HBO Show is tomorrow.

You'll hear about it very soon

FU1cpCtXwAs3gYS

Troy Baker and Ashley will be part of the The Last Of Us HBO show in "real roles"

FU1c8YmXwAEz6Vo

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
Yeah let's take the narrative element--the weakest link of Naughty Dog--and try to make that stand alone. Good idea.

It's a bit like Uncharted, which was a fun game with movie elements, but at best a budget-tier B film once you take away the gaming. Next up let's give Quantic Dream a film series too.

Spaceman292

Banned
In pristine condition. Straight from the production designer closet. Compare it to how it looks in the game:

142ecc356894039bfd6701108289d280.jpg
That's after they've spent all day crawling through ditches and blowing up zombies. You don't really know where that shot is from in the show. Also they're in darkness and you can't see the details of their clothes. Also who gives a shit?

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
That's after they've spent all day crawling through ditches and blowing up zombies. You don't really know where that shot is from in the show. Also they're in darkness and you can't see the details of their clothes. Also who gives a shit?

It's the museum scene from the first game. Scene that happens after all day of crawling through ditches and blowing up zombies. They don't look like characters from the game, they look like 2 mediocre cosplayers. Who gives a shit? People who give a shit about details, I guess.

This is some random cosplayer:
chernobyl2.jpg

I absolutely hated how TLoU2's story played out, gameplay was fantastic, but the story really soured me honestly on the franchise as a whole. That said, that first game, those first few playthroughs, were amazing, and I could easily see how well it could translate to a show. I really hope the show leans into the deadliness and terror of the infected instead of yet again another "humanity is the true monster" theme that have been done so many times already that they lean into towards the end of TLOU and most of Part 2.

I'm really looking forward to the show. Not my preference on casting, but they chose remarkable actors regardless and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

Last edited:
Top Bottom