• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Infinity War trailer tomorrow + poster now

Big Blue

Now I realize how Josh Brolin actual face is implemented in this image. Even the small nose and eyes have human face form and, at least from my point of view, not correctly proportionate with the jaws and chin. The right image is how he suppose to look like. What a shame.

He would look Steppenwolf-tier on the right. The updated look is much better. He seems more real and by that makes him look a lot more menacing.

trikster40

A friend and I were talking this morning. What are the possibilities that they put just a few more scenes into the trailer since we all know this is going to be before The Last Jedi? Pepper in that D23 footage of Thanos
hurling a moon at the Avengers
as a nice little bonus?

WaterAstro

Well, Thanos isn't immune to lighting. Maybe he'll look different under different lighting. In Guardians, he was pretty much in space in a no atmosphere looking lighting.

BatSu

Well, Thanos isn't immune to lighting. Maybe he'll look different under different lighting. In Guardians, he was pretty much in space in a no atmosphere looking lighting.

Can be. Maybe sunlight affects your skin

mRAliAc.jpg

24874026748_00c182f52a_z.jpg

38722853001_c5e6c8cb26_b.jpg

It should've just been a dude in purple paint.

CG looks like ass.

Just blow him up like they did with Gods of Egypt.

Instead, we get some CG fart.

And team up movies are crap. Civil War is a pretty average movie in the MCU universe .

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
so people are complaining on twitter about Cap leading the charge in Wakanda and that its not T'challa leading it

DP0_BhNVQAACWak.jpg:large

longdi

Banned
so people are complaining on twitter about Cap leading the charge in Wakanda and that its not T'challa leading it

I noticed as much, white american hero leading the black race, even though this black group is the most advanced civilization in MCU earth and black panther is as much a fighter as capt. Damn Hollywood and them white brothers.

Mister Apoc

Demigod of Troll Threads
I noticed as much, white american hero leading the black race, even though this black group is the most advanced civilization in MCU earth and black panther is as much a fighter as capt. Damn Hollywood and them white brothers.

what...?

Captain America has always been the leader of the avengers, and T'challa has always yielded to Cap's rule in the comics

Fnord

The main actor is from South Carolina. I wonder how hard he is faking the accent.

There are many accents here in South Carolina with deep African roots. If he grew up around Gullah speakers, he had a decent jumping off point. I see that he's from Anderson, though, which makes it less likely (but nowhere near impossible).

Kimawolf

i will assume there is a good reason the warrior king is not leading his own army in his own nation. Probably some kind of plot element that has Cap leading the charge.

kunonabi

i will assume there is a good reason the warrior king is not leading his own army in his own nation. Probably some kind of plot element that has Cap leading the charge.

I mean Cap does have a history of leading the charge against a previous alien army and an army of killer robots in addition to his record in world war II. Obviously, we dont exactly know how Black Panther turns out but at the moment it would certainly seem like Cap just has more experience. A good king, and especially one new to the role, should certainly be putting his people, and possibly the world/universe, before his own pride.

WaterAstro

Cap can lead the entire Marvel universe. He's just that good. It's canon.

I mean Cap does have a history of leading the charge against a previous alien army and an army of killer robots in addition to his record in world war II. Obviously, we dont exactly know how Black Panther turns out but at the moment it would certainly seem like Cap just has more experience. A good king, and especially one new to the role, should certainly be putting his people, and possibly the world/universe, before his own pride.

Black Panther is known to not give a shit about anyone other than his people. If the Earth was destroyed, but Wakanda somehow launched into outer space and into safety, Black Panther would do that. He doesn't give a shit about anyone else.

dankir

funniest thing ive read in days. people need to get a grip. any links to these tweets? i want a good laugh.

Man in the shots before T'Challa extending his claws he's clearly front of the line, you even see Cap and Bucky behind. In the shot where the two armies are running towards each other, Panther is in front.

Everybody wants to make something out of nothing.

Whoa I am blown away. People so fixated about what Thanos looks like and how he looks so weak that they forget about what the trailer is actually portraying.

People keep thinking that Iron Man will be replaced by another Iron Man yet this trailer foreshadows Tony's death and BP's rise as the new Iron Man (metaphorically) to head Phase 4.

Trailer shows Tony broken, defeated, without any hope. Then we cut to Wakanda, T'Challa requesting getting Cap a shield, (Tony's father created the original), You have Wakanda representing Man's final stand against invasion. 100% of the time it's always the US as the last hope for humanity, this time it's an African nation.

BP bringing that hope and it shows when BP is leading his army into battle and Captain AMERICA is amongst the soldiers.

The symbolism is unreal. As a BP fan I am just dead, I'm gonna have a back to back BP kicking ass goodness. My god I... I... I'm just speechless. I can't express how insane I feel right now.

And damn at that Wakandan handshake as the battle ready war cry that people keep comparing to Wolverine, yet can't even recall the handshake from the BP trailer.

There is a shot right before that in the trailer where Black Panther is in front of the entire army and Bucky and Cap aren't even by his side, they're a row behind everyone. This charging shot probably comes at a very particular moment in the overall battle, like how the two teams charging at each other wasn't the start of the fight in Civil War.

Which Marvel movie over the past two phases hasn't been about hero's teaming up?

Plenty. The Iron Men movies, Ant Man, Homecoming, Doctor Strange, Incredible Hulk.

It'll be cool. But I struggle to see how this is going to be a good movie. The comics are also always crap when they over stuff them with all the characters.

Winter Solider is so much better than Civil War.

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I hope we see thanos having fun destorying the Avengers,

The avengers need to know where in the line they stand.

I hope thanos is on another level power wise, e.g when iron man flys into thanos, thanos catches iron man by the neck and iron man is helpless and thanos is laughing,thanos then throws iron like it was nothing.

hollomat

Banned
It should've just been a dude in purple paint.

CG looks like ass.

Just blow him up like they did with Gods of Egypt.

Instead, we get some CG fart.

And team up movies are crap. Civil War is a pretty average movie in the MCU universe .

Nope. You’re wrong.

Calling Civil War average when apparently you’ve gone out of your way to see Gods of Egypt.

Estellex

What are some good tips on securing tickets the first or second day this movie comes out because being packed would be an understatement.

longdi

Banned
I realise the new Thanos is lacking some serious polygons and normal mapping, looks straight out of a Gears of war game.

That said, how will MCU explain purple -> brown change? Racist!

Watching the trailer again and it seems pretty clear Proxima Midnight and Corvus take down Vision for his gem so I assume Ebony Maw will take Strange's and Obsidian will get the Collector's while Thanos himself only retrieves the Tesseract from Loki. The movie will probably open with the whole Black Order taking the Power Gem from Xandar.

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Eh, as a trailer it was just ok. I wasnt really expecting another horde of aliens attacking earth but maybe i was just being too optimistic.

Widow being blonde looks freaking terrible though. Of course holland's new suit, Cap and Thanos don't look that great either.
Thats fooked 😶 i love redhead Scarlett

Marvels way of making a movie.

Something comes from the sky, assemble the team, destroy evil!

This looks awfull, just like any of the avengers.

Top Bottom