• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First JURASSIC WORLD concept art leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mistel

Banned
The prettier the attraction looks, the more engrossing it will be when the dinosaurs escape and start killing everyone. So this is good.
Yeah hopefully that's the case. Although I'm not sure the fence breaking and the subsequent T-rex attack, could be matched.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
But if it did happen, it would be created by the richest people on Earth, and they would certainly go all out.

This is exactly what I keep telling myself. I'm really longing for Panasonic toughbooks and weird bulky shit we don't see in everyday life. It would be amazing if the sort of back alley hidden from the public parts of parks like this are featured. I mean disneyland is infamous for having a hidden infrastructure just beyond every wall. I'm gonna be heartbroken if any point someone captures a shakycam video of a dino attack on their smartphone.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
seems like they're trying to emphasize that 20+ years have passed.. so i think it fits in that context.

It does, but that industrial design is a necessity in my eyes. We need 1/2ich thick windows covered in raindrops reflected harsh light onto clandestine concrete and metal sets. With lots and lots of domesticated foliage. The concept art in the OP is two steps away from indroducing the "new" rounded helvitca JP logo.

The artists website has been nuked from orbit.

Anyways, more has been found from another artist. For now, unlike the first two, these remain unconfirmed.

8tgx7fZ.jpg

aVb0DFC.jpg

Rookje

I feel bad for the artist. He's either been fired or severely reprimanded for the "leaks." Artists always want to put their exciting work in their portfolios but can't because of NDAs etc.

And I wouldn't say this is exactly JP concept art. Its probably his own personal work which he put in his portfolio when applying for the job.

Branduil

What I want to know is, where is all that water coming from on the mountain? That's a pretty small peak and island, and there is no obvious source of water to be draining out of the top of that peak.

Mist and daily rainfall? Don't know, maybe not realistic but it does look cool.

Aren't they filming this in the ruined Six Flags in New Orleans? How are they gonna make all this futuristic beach house stuff look like that? Even with CGI I can't really see it.

antonz

Aren't they filming this in the ruined Six Flags in New Orleans? How are they gonna make all this futuristic beach house stuff look like that? Even with CGI I can't really see it.

They are filming some stuff. They will be back out in Hawaii filming at the old sites where Jurassic park was too

I feel bad for the artist. He's either been fired or severely reprimanded for the "leaks." Artists always want to put their exciting work in their portfolios but can't because of NDAs etc.

And I wouldn't say this is exactly JP concept art. Its probably his own personal work which he put in his portfolio when applying for the job.

Yeah, I do feel for the artist. This went viral and was on the front page of Reddit for a bit.

That said, numerous sources have verified the art as legitimate.

Hell I want both to return. Oddly enough for me those vehicles are some of the most memorable things in Jurassic Park aside from the obvious. It's my lifes wish to get a hold of a SUV that looks exactly like that.
Yup.
These were my cars as a kid, they were nearly Batmobile, Ecto-1 and Delorian level to me.
Wish I still had these actually.

Word is they will be filming in quite a few original locations, but as of now there are only two or three sets being built.
Thanks.

I wonder how will they mess Costa Rica this time.

San Jose, Costa Rica capital city on Jurassic Park:
Dirt roads, a beach, and mariachis I believe.
jurassic%2Bpark.jpg

Actual San Jose, Costa Rica capital city:
Ugly ass city, no beaches (located inside the country), concrete everywhere.
sanjose1.jpg

Jawmuncher

Yup.
These were my cars as a kid, they were nearly Batmobile, Ecto-1 and Delorian level to me.

Wish I still had these actually.

Thanks.

Oh man don't even get me started on the JP toys. I use to have so many of them.
Those and the lost world toys are easily some of the best toys ever made. Then hasbro went and fucked it up with the JP3 line.

Concept art for Jurassic World or ACTUAL resort an oil tycoon is planning on building?

Thats what I like about it, it sorta has a modern Disney World Tomorrowland meets JP meets Dubai Hotel... which seems only fitting if Jurassic Park happened now. It's fresh, while unique yet familiar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom