• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First leaked concept art of Persia reboot planned for 2023/2024 (not the remake)

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
Edit: DEBUNKED
unknown.png

That's strange, feels like damage control maybe

An official Ubisoft artist that has worked on Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Ghost Recon Breakpoint, shares official concept art for a new Prince of Persia game which is likely the the previously leaked Prince of Persia reboot (planned for 2023/2024)

unknown.png

⬆️This is not the concept, see below

This leak is by the youtuber lazy assassin who had right PoP leaks before. You can check that link to the last leak. Here is what he said in Indian :

"Aside from that I've got a new prince of persia leak, that you won't find on any other news source. basically Sands of Time is coming next year anyway, but aside from that Ubisoft is working on a completely new PoP game that won't be a remake.
Right now the early concept is being worked on, where game mechanics are completely being redesigned and you can say that it'll reboot the series. It'll probably come out in 2023 or 2024 and If I get any news regarding it, I'll definitely tell you."

Remember that this game is in very early development (exploring ideas and concepts) so this concept art is not representing the final game.
lucas-leger-prince-of-persia.jpg

Source: Reddit

Last edited:

PooBone

Hope it's true. I miss that series. The last game they released that I played, "The Forgotten Sands" from 2010, was weak from a story and character design standpoint, but the gameplay and platforming was INCREDIBLE.

sainraja

Ubisoft!! Please do not mess up again with Prince of Persia! It is my favorite franchise and its soo disappointing to see it neglected and being treated like it is.

Last edited:

rubhen925

Based on that glow and hue of the logo I thought it was a sequel to the 2008 version.... Still crying over here that it didn't get a sequel. Other than the fact you can't die in that game it was amazing...... Elika and the Prince need closure....

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
An official Ubisoft artist that has worked on Assassin's Creed Valhalla and Ghost Recon Breakpoint, shares official concept art for a new Prince of Persia game which is likely the the previously leaked Prince of Persia reboot (planned for 2023/2024)

unknown.png

⬆️This is not the concept, see below

This leak is by the youtuber lazy assassin who had right PoP leaks before. You can check that link to the last leak. Here is what he said in Indian :

"Aside from that I've got a new prince of persia leak, that you won't find on any other news source. basically Sands of Time is coming next year anyway, but aside from that Ubisoft is working on a completely new PoP game that won't be a remake.
Right now the early concept is being worked on, where game mechanics are completely being redesigned and you can say that it'll reboot the series. It'll probably come out in 2023 or 2024 and If I get any news regarding it, I'll definitely tell you."

Remember that this game is in very early development (exploring ideas and concepts) so this concept art is not representing the final game.
lucas-leger-prince-of-persia.jpg

Source: Reddit

This is not official concept art. The description is very clear. It's personal IP research, IE: Fanart. This is the actual source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/D5KWxO

"Second personal IP researche during formation time at ubisoft, from another childhood game. Fan art obviously"

When will people learn that professional artists don't leak art from unannounced games on ArtStation? It'd be a surefire way to get fired. We've been through this over and over. 🤔

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
This is not official concept art. The description is very clear. It's personal IP research, IE: Fanart. This is the actual source: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/D5KWxO

"Second personal IP researche during formation time at ubisoft, from another childhood game. Fan art obviously"

When will people learn that professional artists don't leak art from unannounced games on ArtStation? It'd be a surefire way to get fired. We've been through this over and over. 🤔

Well this has been edited since I last visit it.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Well this has been edited since I last visit it.

It doesn't matter. It should be a known quantity by now that artists don't just go around leaking official concept art of unannounced games on Artstation. They like to keep their jobs.

It's amazing that they have to edit it to clarify because people make weird assumptions.

Last edited:

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
It doesn't matter. It should be a known quantity by now that artists don't just go around leaking official concept art of unannounced games on Artstation. They like to keep their jobs.

It's amazing that they have to edit it to clarify because people make weird assumptions.

Yeah, because it NEVER happened before right ? Oh wait, Elden Ring say hi.

Abriael_GN

RSI Employee of the Year
Yeah, because it NEVER happened before right ? Oh wait, Elden Ring say hi.

Care to link what Elden Ring artwork has been leaked on ArtStation?

Artstation is a professional platform with public visibility, not something were people drop artwork of unannounced games willy-nilly.

With how many times we've gone through this, we should assume that art posted there is NOT a leak, and it's funny that people keep assuming the opposite.

Top Bottom