• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Lego Marvel Super Heroes Screens

I hope it has Lego City quality humour and decent voice acting. If so I'm in.

y1uvLaD.jpg

Mewling lego-men!

Murrah

Banned
I hope it has Lego City quality humour and decent voice acting. If so I'm in.

Yep, Lego City's so funny it made me a re-believer in the Lego games, but I'm worried going back to a specific license will take away from that. But I'm still down for this either way, at the very least they should be able to write a good Spidey

If this is as funny as Lego Batman 2 it's day one for me.

Will probably get on PS360, since the Vita version is likely to be just another 3DS port. :(

Next gen as well? I'm guessing it is.

Can you rule out a next-gen version of Marvel Superheroes specifically, or is that something you're not talking about?

We've got no announcements at the moment other than the platforms that we're talking about at the moment. Like I said, we're always looking a new tech to see if we can do something really cool.

Pociask

Reading the preview, looks great. It's funny, because several Lego games ago, I think I posted that the Lego series had lost its creative juice. Now I'm eager for everything they put out.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
Yep, Lego City's so funny it made me a re-believer in the Lego games, but I'm worried going back to a specific license will take away from that. But I'm still down for this either way, at the very least they should be able to write a good Spidey

and I quote!
Lovin' Lego City, I hope this one can turn out as good as that one.

dan2026

Why is it that the buildings are never made out of legos?

You have all these Lego characters and environments surrounded by realistic buildings.

It just looks shitty.

Who's the non-Hulk giant green guy in the one screen? Or did Hulk just lose his hair?

Abomination?
Doesn't look much like him, so I dunno.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Lego City's quality seems to be partially a result of its longer development cycle. I was under the impression TT usually doesn't have a lot of time to develop their licensed Lego titles.

I guess we'll see. Perhaps some of the stuff they learned making Lego City will pay off here.

You have all these Lego characters and environments surrounded by realistic buildings.

It just looks shitty.

I've always taken the theme to represent kids playing with Legos in real places and imagining the setting around the toys. The contrast never bothered me personally.

Lego City's quality seems to be partially a result of its longer development cycle. I was under the impression TT usually doesn't have a lot of time to develop their licensed Lego titles.

I guess we'll see. Perhaps some of the stuff they learned making Lego City will pay off here.

I think I can already see signs of code sharing just in screens...

- bets on Iron Man's flight controlling like
astronaut Chase McCain
?
- it's Lego New York, they'll probably use the same statue of Liberty you get on Lady Liberty island on Lego City, the crowd logic and traffic is probably the same or similar -- you just won't be comandeering cars necessarily

It'd be mental if they were running on different engines, really.

JebusF

Neo Member

It just looks shitty.

Abomination?
Doesn't look much like him, so I dunno.

Abomination was talked about at the preview session...

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I certainly hope they have a variety of colourful environments and make use of more famous universe locations.

Is this a open-world type game like LEGO Batman 2? This is a case where I might just prefer the levels approach TBH.

EDIT: Read a preview, open world :(

sqwarlock

I can only hope for a huge amount of unlockable characters, especially ones that aren't "major" characters. Beta Ray Bill, Rocket Raccoon, Squirrel Girl, MODOK, Moon Knight, Black Panther, Falcon, Ant-Man, Wasp, Nova, Sentry, etc, etc.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
From strategyinformer

"LEGO Marvel Super Heroes is due out in Autumn 2013 on PlayStation 3, Xbox 360 and PC (And WiiU. There’s also going to be a separate 3DS/Vita version)."

:(

They say more than 100 unlockable characters. Don't know how unique tho, but I can imagine some of them having similar mechanics.

If previous Lego games are any indication, there will be about 10-12 possible mechanics/powers to get past obstacles (breaking glass with sound, super strength, freezing, electricity, etc.) - some might be unique to one character (e.g. only Green Lantern could assemble transparent green blocks) and others might be usable by more than one. The more you unlock, the more easily you can bypass challenges by summoning a character on demand. Example: in Lego Batman 2, you could do a platforming segment and change suits until you reach the top, and use the power suit to bomb the cage surrounding the block you needed, or you could switch to a flying character, fly to the top, and use the Penguin to bomb it for the same effect...if you unlocked him.

Their backdrops and environments keep looking better and better, it's almost odd to see the Lego character in there now.

Usually when you progress far enough in a Lego game, a bonus level gets unlocked where it's much more Lego character, right down to the knobby floor and three-flower bunches.

witness

Watching the video on rev3 the graphics look really impressive. A gigantic improvement over Lego Batman 2. If they would have said its the PS4 version I wouldn't have been surprised or disappointed.

Top Bottom