• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First list of Xbox One backward compatibility games revealed

I said in this in the other thread, but either Microsoft needs more time to test and prepare future titles or they're purposely holding back big games. There's baffling first party exclusions and I don't see why something like only one Assassins's Creed title would be BC for example.
Probably still testing titles. It's been known for a while the list was going to be mainly Arcade titles.

crinale

Pac-Man C.E. Arcade Bandai Namco
PAC-MAN CE DX+ Arcade Bandai Namco

...yeah Bamco wasn't lying after all, right?

Impressive!! Viva Pinata?

Welp i cant wait to download my Gears 3 i got fromthe gears ultimate edition and finally finish the trilogy lol

mclem

Glad to see Lego SW Complete Saga on there! Gonna play through with my8 yr old son :)
I have to admit, I'm somewhat surprised there aren't more LEGO games on there. I'd understand if it was just Complete Saga, but they've got a much later game in there too in the form of POTC; I'd be somewhat surprised if Pirates does all that much that, say, Batman doesn't.

sonto340

In as fuck on CRAZY FUCKIN TAXI and Sonic CD. I'll probably pick up PacMan CE on the 12th.

Excited to get to finish Bioshock Infinite and have Blops1-3 on the same system in the future. Bravo Microsoft.

Moofers

Reach is on its way, so that's good. Now I just need them to do Deathsmiles, Condemned: Criminal Origins, and Fable Anniversary & 3.

shanafan

Are these the games people voted for or just games Microsoft wanted to add??

It's not a matter of the games that Microsoft wants to add, it is a combined effort by Microsoft and the publisher. If Microsoft had total control, I'll bet they would add every single 360 title for launch.

Great game, shitty dev that killed everything good about it with the sequel and it's MT bullshit.

Super was alright, they changed it a little too much but it was still a fun game.

The original is the best one! I own two of their limited print statues of the Assassin and the Assault on my shelf <3 and a bacon hi-five'ing a shotgun shell Teeshirt.

The site is blocked for me. Can the list be added to the OP?

A Kingdom for Keflings
A World of Keflings
Alien Hominid HD
Assassin’s Creed II
Asteroids & Deluxe
Banjo Kazooie: N n B
Banjo-Kazooie
Banjo-Tooie
BattleBlock Theater
Bejeweled 2
Bellator: MMA Onslaught
Beyond Good & Evil HD
Blood of the Werewolf
BloodRayne: Betrayal
Borderlands
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Castle Crashers
Castlestorm
Centipede & Millipede
Condemned
Crazy Taxi
Deadliest Warrior: Legends
Defense Grid
DiRT 3
DiRT Showdown
Discs of Tron
Doom
Doom II
Dungeon Siege III
Earthworm Jim HD
Fable II
Fallout 3
Feeding Frenzy 2
Gears of War
Gears of War 2
Gears of War 3
Gears of War: Judgment
Golden Axe
Halo: Spartan Assault
Hardwood Backgammon
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Heavy Weapon
Hexic HD
Ikaruga
Jetpac Refuelled
Joy Ride Turbo
Just Cause 2
Kameo
LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean: The Video Game
LEGO Star Wars: TCS
Lode Runner
LUMINES LIVE!
Mass Effect
Metal Slug 3
Metal Slug XX
Might & Magic Clash of Heroes
Mirror’s Edge
Missile Command
Monday Night Combat
Monkey Island 2: SE
Monkey Island: SE
Ms. Splosion Man
Mutant Blobs Attack
N+
NBA JAM: On Fire Edition
NiGHTS into dreams…
OF: Dragon Rising
Pac-Man C.E.
PAC-MAN CE DX+
Perfect Dark
Perfect Dark Zero
Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds
Pinball FX
Plants vs. Zombies
Prince of Persia
Putty Squad
R-Type Dimensions
Rayman 3 HD
Sacred Citadel
Sega Vintage Collection: Alex Kidd & Co.
Sega Vintage Collection: Golden Axe
Sega Vintage Collection: Monster World
Sega Vintage Collection: Streets of Rage
Shadow Complex
Sonic CD
Sonic The Hedgehog
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Super Meat Boy
Supreme Commander 2
The Stick of Truth
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas
Tom Clancy’s RainbowSix Vegas2
Torchlight
Toy Soldiers
Toy Soldiers: Cold War
Tron: Evolution
Ugly Americans: Apocalypsegeddon
Viva Piñata
Viva Piñata: TIP
Wolfenstein 3D
Zuma

No Mistwalker, No Tales of Vesperia, no Ska Studios, no XBLIG, no Happy Action Theater (my kids love that one) - yeah, this is very disappointing (but not surprising). Guess I'll be leaving the 360 plugged in.

As I said in the other thread, I'm really happy to see South Park: the Stick of Truth. That was the game I was most waiting for. If I wasn't still busy with Halo and tomorrow RotTR, I'd purchase it today.

There was so many indicators that this launch wasn't going to be anything crazy. The biggest one being they waited up until right before BC launches to give out a list. All I'm saying expectations should have been lowered and just hope that some of the games you want come in December or sometime in 2016.

jond76

Banned
Yay! Stick of Truth!

With as many games that are releasing right now, I can't be too upset with that list. Not like I'm gonna revisit a lot of 360 gAmes with Blops 3, Tomb Raider and Fallout all out.

Really surprised to see old CODs annouced. Neat

Caja 117

No Dark Souls either, nothing that interest me in this list, Guess I have to continue going back to my previous gen console.

Top Bottom