• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look and Crysis Remastered Running on Nintendo Switch

Jooxed

Gold Member

The classic first person shooter from Crytek is back with the action-packed gameplay, sandbox world, and thrilling epic battles you loved the first time around.
Suit up: Your Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight.

Adapt: In an ever-changing environment, adapt your tactics to dominate on battlefields ranging from frozen jungle to alien environments.

Customize: A huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style, with options ranging from the experimental to the alien.

Conquer: Life-like enemy AI require a strategic and flexible playstyle, as new challenges – including a zero-g battlefield– require players to take the offensive and be proactive.

Explore: Choose your own path through the open world of Crysis, destroying obstacles, driving vehicles, and using the environment itself against your enemies.

What begins as a simple rescue mission becomes the battleground of a new war as alien invaders swarm over a North Korean island chain. Armed with a powerful Nanosuit, players can become invisible to stalk enemy patrols, or boost strength to lay waste to vehicles. The Nanosuit’s speed, strength, armor, and cloaking allow creative solutions for every kind of fight, while a huge arsenal of modular weaponry provides unprecedented control over play style. In the ever-changing environment, adapt tactics and gear to dominate your enemies, in an enormous sandbox world.

Last edited:
Imagine being a gamer back in 2007, and someone tells you that some time in the future you can play Crysis on a console.

A Nintendo console.

A handheld Nintendo console.
Gamer from 2007: "Wow, it looks like shit"

Seriously though, I'm past the point of "wow I can't believe its running at all" when it means both the IQ and performance take a massive hit. I wish they made separate versions for handheld like they used to back in the day, not these ports that look like they're running at lower than Low settings. But, obviously, putting out these ports are much more cost-effective so they'll keep on truckin.

Last edited:

PhoenixTank

Gamer from 2007: "Wow, it looks like shit"

Seriously though, I'm past the point of "wow I can't believe its running at all" when it means both the IQ and performance take a massive hit. I wish they made separate versions for handheld like they used to back in the day, not these ports that look like they're running at lower than Low settings. But, obviously, putting out these ports are much more cost-effective so they'll keep on truckin.
Aside from youtube smearing out the detail, and just going by eye, it looks like a mix of medium/high settings tbh. No doubt DF will be feverishly anticipating this port to give us the technical breakdown.

diffusionx

Gold Member
The Xbox 360 and PS3 were able to handle reasonable ports of the game, so the Switch should too.

I wouldn't expect much more than those last-gen versions though.

Imagine being a gamer back in 2007, and someone tells you that some time in the future you can play Crysis on a console.

A Nintendo console.

A handheld Nintendo console.
I can tell you now that (given this civilization remains stable during climate change) you'll be able to play current gen games on your phone in VR.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Sure, they made it happen. I just don't get why. Are that many people seriously gagging to play Crysis of all things on their Switch..?

chilichote

I have a loads of time playing the 360 version and I can guarantee to you at least from this trailers they aren't identical.
I played Crysis on the PS3 and just looked at a comparison between the PS3 / 360 / PC and I still hardly see any difference between the PS360 and the Switch.

Fake

I played Crysis on the PS3 and just looked at a comparison between the PS3 / 360 / PC and I still hardly see any difference between the PS360 and the Switch.

If you can't spot the differencial between those versions even after played as you said I suggest you watch the Digital Foundry video about the PS360 version. Even the color calibration and the gamma are terrible wrong in this version.

Last edited:

chilichote

If you can't spot the differencial between those versions even after played as you said I suggest you watch the Digital Foundry video about the PS360 version.
Oh, I can see the differences, only from today's perspective they are minimal. And the differences to the switch version are just as minimal, at least for me. Basically, I'm not a pixel counter either, and I'm more interested in the overall impression.

Fake

Oh, I can see the differences, only from today's perspective they are minimal. And the differences to the switch version are just as minimal, at least for me. Basically, I'm not a pixel counter either, and I'm more interested in the overall impression.

There is no 'pixel counter' about spotting obvious difference because this is not about resolution. If you can't spot thats fine. Deny is not.

chilichote

There is no 'pixel counter' about spotting obvious difference because this is not about resolution. If you can't spot thats fine. Deny is not.
Well, that was more of a general expression that I'm not fussy ^^

Otherwise, enlighten me and show me the big differences :)

I thought there was something wrong with my glasses.

That is the bluriest-whashup trailer I ever saw.

It is a miracle que Switch can run this game.

Fake

In fact, I like the look of the PS360 era! Regardless, I would expect something more than a difference in the vibrance of colors.

I guess even the first scene of the Crysis 1 show a very thing wrong about the color, like at night instead of black everythink just look blue for some reason.

I guess thats the part they will show as soon as the trailler release officially.

This part I mention (16:13):

Chupanibre

Another Switch port brought to you by

XpfUeNb.png

chilichote

I guess even the first scene of the Crysis 1 show a very thing wrong about the color, like at night instead of black everythink just look blue for some reason.

I guess thats the part they will show as soon as the trailler release officially.

This part I mention (16:13):

Yes, the PS3-Version looks not better than the 360-Version (at 0:23)

But since I played Crysis first on the PS3 and then on the PC, I didn't think it was that bad. There were other things that bothered me more.

jaysius

Banned
Oh jesus is this going to another non-sense port that people gush over even though it looks like vomit, like the Witcher 3 Switch port?

You know, all these games makes me wonder how Vita went so wrong, maybe it was it's architecture?

With Switch getting these bizzaro ports there's definately space for another party to try a new handheld.

Jooxed

Gold Member
Oh jesus is this going to another non-sense port that people gush over even though it looks like vomit, like the Witcher 3 Switch port?

You know, all these games makes me wonder how Vita went so wrong, maybe it was it's architecture?

With Switch getting these bizzaro ports there's definately space for another party to try a new handheld.

Well for some of us the switch is the only way we play games. Third Party support for us is always welcome. Unsure why so many people are hurt about it.

meh at least it got a port
they don't port to a Nintendo platform we bitch about it, they port to the lowest spec hardware possible we bitch about it. What did you expect it to look like?

make up your minds people

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Newest NSW tech trailer:

Man, even the Switch port has better physics/interactions than any PS4/XB1 title to day. And is it just me or does it even looks better than that infamous PS360 port? This is some next-level wizardry shit Crytec is doing here.

So where did that super saturated with new vegetation engine go from a few weeks ago?

I know that was for the PC/PS4/XBOX Version, but for them to turn around in a few weeks and churn out this is super impressive. Looks like an upgraded port of the 360 version honestly, which isn't bad for the Switch.

Kataploom

Gold Member
WTF, how is this looking so good? Some things look CPU intensive rather than GPU like the vegetation blending...

Top Bottom