• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Look At New Steam UI

Holammer

I like the new layout, but I'm wonder how the library looks when you have several hundred or thousands of games.
I've give up on organizing my games and just sort them by recent.

sol_bad

OMG Mirror's Edge Catalyst confirmed for Steam!!! :messenger_squinting_tongue:

Ehh looks OK I guess. I have to use it to actually find out how much I like or hate it lol

Is that real for Mirror's Edge Catalyst? Are EA bringing some of their games back to Steam?

Kadayi

Banned
Is that real for Mirror's Edge Catalyst? Are EA bringing some of their games back to Steam?

Could just be a mockup, could be something else....

ActiveCheerfulBarnacle-size_restricted.gif

zcaa0g

Banned
Can people seriously not remember what games they have and have not finished? I got over 1300 titles on Steam and I remember which ones I finished good or bad. It doesn't seem to require a lot of effort in terms of memory to do that.

klosos

Looks ok , bloody hell the steam UI needed a long overdue overhaul, does anyone know when its available to all ?

TheUsual

Gold Member
Just seeing the screenshots...I'm not a fan. Too much image vomit on the screen at once for my tastes.
Will need to see in motion though. As long as it's very prompt in response, I'll get use to it.

Shifty

Y'all motherfuckers had better give me the ability to disable journalism syndication in the 'Recent news and updates' section.

I've had it up to here with RPS and Eurogamer spraying their politicized social justice clickbait all over the launcher pages of games I rather like.

Gamezone

Gold Member

No way.

They used Forza and Mirror's Edge 1 as examples in the leak from February 2017. That's more than two years ago, and that didn't happen.

Holammer

No way.

They used Forza and Mirror's Edge 1 as examples in the leak from February 2017. That's more than two years ago, and that didn't happen.

They admitted it was a mock-up, but the first Mirror's Edge has been on Steam since 2009. As for Forza, who knows? With Halo releasing on Steam.

Terrible, overly busy. Cluttered. Lack of direction. Everywhere is fighting for attention. The green colored text is bad. Doesnt look like this was built in a responsive manner. Too much detail at your "home library page".

Awful.

Top Bottom