• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at Star Wars Kinect: Swingin' With A Shirtless Nautolan [Up: Disneyland]

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Edit: More gameplay videos. IT LOOKS BAD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuchHcnzHq4

Thanks to jbug_617 on twitter

http://popwatch.ew.com/2011/06/05/star-wars-at-e3-your-first-look-at-kinect-star-wars-exclusive/

8y9hdg.gif

I was surprised to see that this thread wasn't created yet. I was about to do it, I was just double checking that there wasn't another thread first!

Looks...interesting. I love pod racing and X-wing space fighting, and we'll see about how the on-foot jedi fighting works in person tomorrow.

antonz

looks fucking awful. Yeah! I get to stomp and kick around like an idiot.

Good Job Lucasarts. You couldnt even make a straight up lightsaber game for the fucking wiimote

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
NOOOOOOOO, the video went down! FUCK!

edit: NVM, it looks interesting.

NateDrake

The trailer reminded me of all those early Wii trailers. Nothing from those early videos ever came true. Need a live demonstration of this before being sold on it, at least that's coming soon.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Wait, it's not on-rails anymore??
And the video actually looked decent. Woah.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I don't want to be a negative nancy, but that doesn't really seem like it'll be a very fun Kinect game. And I enjoy the Kinect! And star wars! I just... don't really feel like the two go together.

Dr Eggman said:
Wait, it's not on-rails anymore??
And the video actually looked decent. Woah.

The actual fights look to be. It looks like it draws your attention to one enemy at a time, you execute them, then it moves on.

KingDizzi

Banned
Someone hit that game with the ugly stick, those boys in the video got in the way too. Whole thing was horribad but the two hands out pretending to hold a wheel is very silly, feel the same about Forza Kinect since it was announced last year.

Takao

Banned
You know shit is odd when the opening shots of a video game trailer are live action pans of someone's stove...

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That. Looks. Terrible.

I really hope this isn't indicative of MS's E3 showing.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Galvanise_ said:
The actual fights look to be. It looks like it draws your attention to one enemy at a time, you execute them, then it moves on.
Yeah that's what I noticed too. As long as they give you some freedom while I'm fighting enemies in that specific section then it wouldn't ruin the game for me.

antonz

jgminto said:
They release this over Battlefront or KOTOR 3? Lucasarts is dead to me.
They had freaking lightsaber shells for the wiimote and they never made a game for it. Lucasarts has been in full on stupid mode for years

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
Where is the Move Star Wars game, at least that way you could actually hold a lightsaber and move around with the navigator.?

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Really did you guys find it that awful? I mean I'm not expecting anything good but something decent; what would make a good Star Wars Kinect game for everyone here?

Jeels

This does not even look half as good as the fake game play that was shown last year.

Very disappointed, expecting most Kinect "hardcore" titles to be of this quality at this point. :(

Stitch

Gold Member
DAT
low
FRAMERATE

man a new jedi knight would rule. but it would be multiplatform so maybe not...

Guevara

jett said:
That looks uniformly awful. Microsoft's conference is gonna be putrid.
Maybe they're getting this out of the way tonight so they can focus on the good stuff tomorrow. I'm sure that's it.

Top Bottom