• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First look at the design of the new Radeon RX 6000 series.

LordOfChaos

tenor.gif

2x8 Pin so at least 300W of board power?

Edit: If you were planning to gripe about needing (read: finding a video of) fortnite to see the backplate

Eh57Q_0XYAET6iL

Last edited:

RoboFu

One of the green rats
I like it.

I will say i wish there was no red. all GPUS should either have white led accents or be changeable

Last edited:

Calverz

Cooling looks better than last gen. need to see more if someone kind enough to use fortnite for this?? Lol

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
man... motherboards really do need a complete makeover. Pci express slot is way too short and transfer way too little power.

M1chl

Currently Gif and Meme Champion
Nvidia and AMD cards don't function together. I think Nvidia went as far as completely blocking the drivers when an AMD card is installed as well, but that might have been many years ago.
That is not true, speaking from half a year ago experince on mining rig.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Reminds me of nvidia's Touring founders edition cards where they look great but having the logo on the side blocks the ability to let more air flow out of the card. Even the dual 8 pin connectors look like they're blocking part of the fan on the end.

Senua

Are techtubers just going for negativity points now? They showed the card on twitter, just with a fortnite easter egg, who the hell cares. I say this as someone who gives absolutely no craps about Fortnite, some of the no fun police need to chill out.

Yea I don't see the big deal? Fortnite is yyyuuuuuuge.

Last edited:

SantaC

Are techtubers just going for negativity points now? They showed the card on twitter, just with a fortnite easter egg, who the hell cares. I say this as someone who gives absolutely no craps about Fortnite, some of the no fun police need to chill out.

jayz2cents is known for blasting AMD.

Chiggs

Nothing like some angry gamers complaining about stuff online--from zero to edgy in less than 2 seconds flat. And it makes everyone bark like seals!

thelastword

Banned
Told you guys there would be no more blowers. AMD has invested in Radeon, they know they have to show up on all levels of GPU performance........It seems likely that there will be a few Water Cooled units as well, if not by AMD this time from AIB's.....6900XT is going to be bonkers.....I do hope AMD also has a 6950XT to take the graphics crown....If I were AMD, I would invest in a 120 CU beast that decimates everything, just for kicks and Jebaition...

I'm sure it's going to be a good card but have to laugh that they have stuck a usb-c connector on there and Nvidia have dumped it on the 3000 series as it's kinda failed for VR.

I personally thought it was a good idea as my 2080ti provided better power flow to my rift than the on board usb. As in I would get stutter movement, all gone using the gfx card.

Last edited:
The only thing interesting about it is that it's not a blower card which is unusual for AMD.

Other than that, it looks like any other 3fan design. Doesn't look good or bad.

LQX

GamersNexus was so right. Most enthusiasts that would likely drop $500 plus on these cards would likely rather not download and fucking boot up Fortnight to have good look at a graphics card these idiots at AMD should want all eyes on.

Last edited:

LordOfChaos

GamersNexus was so right. Most enthusiasts that would likely drop $500 plus on these cards would likely rather not download and fucking boot up Fortnight to have good look at a graphics card these idiots at AMD should want all eyes on.

The card is right there though.

What do you "need" to download fortnite for, seeing the backplate?

The card is right there though.

What do you "need" to download fortnite for, seeing the backplate?
Yes?

It would be much simpler to distribute it for everyone to see instead of having to download Fortnite or wait for someone to give us visuals through Fortnite.

Last edited:
Top Bottom