• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Modern Warfare 2 details leaked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
-viper- said:
Martyrdom = no sale
Vehicles = no sale
600p = no sale.

Honestly, the game better be 720p minimum. I hate the soft appearance of COD4 on my TV.

Just to counterpart I don't give a crap if its 720p. All I care about is if it plays smooth like COD 4.

And "no sale" is a tiresome forum tactic. No one cares if you have certain minimum thresholds on if you are purchasing a game or not.

Mooreberg

woodchuck said:
i think i post this in every cod4 thread, but I really hope there's a playlist that lacks uav,airstrike, helicopter

They should replace the helicopter with poisonous snakes. Instead of a sudden onslaught, you deliver a slow, steady assault.

DuckRacer

Relix said:
1 sale out of 3 millions minimum. Not bad.

It will not run at 720P unless you don't want 60FPS, and trust me... COD at 30FPS wouldn't be the same. IW are technical wizards, they'll make something happen, but don't expect 720p.
World at War runs at 60fps in 720p, and they're just borrowing the CoD4 engine. I'd be surprised if IW couldn't manage 720p with an updated engine.

woodchuck said:
i think i post this in every cod4 thread, but I really hope there's a playlist that lacks uav,airstrike, helicopter

Not sure it will be there at launch but Bare-bones Team Deathmatch is something that will eventually make it into the game since they had the idea for a COD 4 update and promise more post game launch support this go around.

Magik

woodchuck said:

What they should do is offer three modes:

1) Traditional - No Perks, UAV, Airstrikes, Helicopters
2) Softcore - Regular mode with Perks etc.
3) Hardcore

Same playlists just with those modes. Everybody would be happy.

woodchuck

Magik said:
What they should do is offer three modes:

1) Traditional - No Perks, UAV, Airstrikes, Helicopters
2) Softcore - Regular mode with Perks etc.
3) Hardcore

Same playlists just with those modes. Everybody would be happy.

yeah, i like that idea. the only problem i think is that it could spread everyone out and make matchmaking a pain in the ass

woodchuck said:
yeah, i like that idea. the only problem i think is that it could spread everyone out and make matchmaking a pain in the ass

There does eventually become a potential problem when you have playlist overload. Even with a game that has a high population count like COD.

Son of Godzilla said:
They should just remove that shit from hardcore.

And to show you can't please everyone I don't want that at all.

kuYuri

DuckRacer said:
World at War runs at 60fps in 720p, and they're just borrowing the CoD4 engine. I'd be surprised if IW couldn't manage 720p with an updated engine.

Pretty sure WaW is not 720p.

NG28

Damnit, why did they have to go an take away the scorpion :( My favorite gun and one of the reasons I played the game for so long.

t4ng0

Mooreberg said:
They should replace the helicopter with poisonous snakes. Instead of a sudden onslaught, you deliver a slow, steady assault.
ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

what about releasing a pack of wild boars?

OP should update and take that shitty list down. at least get creative like fourzerotwo said.

and the kid getting banned is indicative of absolutely nothing.

Magik

woodchuck said:

Considering how many people are still playing COD4 right now and the people playing WaW, I don't think matchmaking would be too difficult. And besides, if some playlists aren't popular, IW can easily disable them.

careful

*Vehicles will be in MW2

Ah hellllllll no.

This is my #1 anticipated game this year (ok.. tied with Fat Princess)
but this list is a bit underwhelming. Most of the same weapons and perks.. I guess I'll still be happy as long as it's fine tuned and balanced (and new maps better be good).

J-Rzez

Cobra84 said:
The problem with more guns is that most modern guns share ammo. What is going to be the differences between a bunch of 5.56mm guns all with 30 round magazines?

Accuracy, rate of fire, standard mag cap, and if they'd do it, encumberance. Don't forget there's another new round out there with the 6.8 that's becoming popular. So there's enough variety to be had I think, not to mention a load of new models to look at :D

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
DuckRacer said:

WaW is NOT 720p o.0

Feindflug

Relix said:
1 sale out of 3 millions minimum. Not bad.

It will not run at 720P unless you don't want 60FPS, and trust me... COD at 30FPS wouldn't be the same. IW are technical wizards, they'll make something happen, but don't expect 720p.

I respect IW for their amazing work on the mp portion of the game but they're definitely not technical wizards - making a game running at 1024*600 at not even a consistent 60fps with no enemy AI and no physics is not what I call a technical achievement...

-viper- said:
Martyrdom = no sale
Vehicles = no sale
600p = no sale.

Honestly, the game better be 720p minimum. I hate the soft appearance of COD4 on my TV.

I used to be in the frame rate over resolution group until I seen CoD4 on my 50inc plasma....You really can see the loss in resolution. Most people who don't notice probably are playing on smaller sets or in SD.

60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps 60fps

NO LESS. CoD4 looked great and it's probably a given MW2 will look even better and be able to keep the 60fps rule.

To those of you that want custom soundtracks: wouldn't custom soundtracks in MP be a BAD thing? I don't want to listen to someone's music over the headset.

Calen

Just for those who didn't read the whole thread...

Rayme and Fourzerotwo have already posted in this thread saying that the list is fake, guys. You'll hear plenty more about the game soon but whoever posted this list was just looking to stir up shit.

Can we please get the OP updated to reflect this? That'd be awesome.

Dyno

WinFonda said:
It's amusing to me because the Canadian special forces have no prestige or mystique in comparison. Delta Force, SAS, Spetsnaz, SEALs - they're all very visible in the media. For good reasons or not, they have mystique and prestige.

Canada's special forces branch is called Joint Task Force Two, or JTF2. They are well enough known to those interested in the topic and JTF2 has been mentioned in movies and television shows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom