• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official off screen gameplay for From Software's Bloodborne (PS4)

So, do we throw duckroll to the werewolves?

Results are only viewable after voting.
iFHXIaIK3kmxf.gif

I uploaded the rest here (must see)
http://gfycat.com/LeftValidBellsnake

I'm talking about console versions which I know are on ancient hardware. I just hope they learn to finally balance graphic fidelity with resources. This game looks like it will be beautiful and the setting looks extremely detailed at 1080p. Let's hope for a solid 30.

This setting is downright beautiful.

I expect Sony to send in people to help if need , unlike like DeS this going to be big game for them .

What am I missing about the hitbox? The initial swing missed but the end of the animation hit the heel so it connected there.

Looked fine to me. And that is definitely a souls game, not DMC.

Yea the hitbox on that first kill looks perfectly fine dont see what people are complaining about.

TBH the animations look closer to Demon's/Dark 1 specially that walking animation. Please Tell me im right and not just seeing things gaf.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Yeah, I feel like, if anything, it's a super-accurate hitbox. He kills the enemy when the very end of his errant swing touches the enemy's foot. The character animation is good, and I don't feel there's anything glaringly wrong with the zombie's AI.

Yeah, on the second hit you can even see blood burst out of the ankle area of the enemy like exactly where the weapon hits. Not sure what hitbox issue people are seeing?

Akainu

The hell are these people voting Yurt? Duckroll is the kind of person that would kick you into a pit filled with skeletons not outright kill you.

People talking about hitboxes can't see that the back of the leg is getting hit?

Duckroll you'll take "Liar" as your custom title as an apology for promising gameplay when almost nothing ended up shown being exactly as we all predicted it would be.

What is with all this Damage Control?

We KNOW it's still in Alpha. A little criticism/advice/areas of concern is a GOOD thing.

It's not releasing until 2015 - we're a LOOOOONG ways out.

It's like people insulted GOD or something...
How in the hell is this a good thing to criticize? It's a waste of energy to even be concerned or "worry" right now. People should be looking at it for some of the ideas, looks and feel, etc. that's it.

Got most of it

whhetq.gif
The hitboxes seem fairly realistic? He completely missed the first swing, but on the return hit the enemy's ankle and blood came out from that exact location. That never would have happened in the other Souls games.

Man, this game looks so fucking good.

Raptor

I like the aesthetic of the game for sure, really love the main character design, too early to judge gameplay but soe far so good.

Blobbers

I can't wait to find the Xantheous outfit and get glorious crimson red blood all over my golden robes.

Bloodborne, Witcher 3, Arkham Knight.
2015 is made of potential GOTG's.

I have almost the whole second segment broken up into .gifs. Sorry about the quality. Was trying to get these done as quick as possible.

Edit: Will add them one at a time. These may be out-of order at first.

ib2wjmgDiAPDEb.gif

f7ZmBeGx9hNn

Yeah, I feel like, if anything, it's a super-accurate hitbox. He kills the enemy when the very end of his errant swing touches the enemy's foot. The character animation is good, and I don't feel there's anything glaringly wrong with the zombie's AI.

It's also a damn E3 demo, they're not going to have ridiculously hard enemies to fight. They want you to see the game not struggle to kill fodder.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
They changed the poll!

THEY CHANGED IT!!!

Zeliard

To those criticizing the quality of the enemy A.I. based on 5 seconds of footage -

Torch guy doesn't get the chance to attack because he got staggered by the first hit, then finished with the second. And the clip was far too short to see what the other guy was about to do. Some enemies across all three games have fairly deliberate swings.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Did you guys watch that Lords of the Fallen video that followed the Bloodborne stuff? Looks very Soulsy in terms of combat. Should be decent, even if I'm not a fan of the cartoony art-style and preset angry bald white dude protag. Is there a GAF thread about that one?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Those hitboxes are worse than Dark Souls 2. Plus the enemy ai is shit.

[SPOLER]They really shouldn't have shown the game in this state.[/SPOILER]
I despise you right now. What part of gameplay shown behind closed doors, do you not understand? It's in production and the reason they didn't want the public to see this is because of posts like yours. So be happy and excited or please leave =).

Rixxan

eternally grateful for this ridiculous tease of gameplay footage but have to complain about the ineptitude of the demonstrator

i mean maybe lock-on targeting isnt implemented yet but ffs could he have at least hit his one shotgun blast

dude playing like everyone does their first few minutes with a souls game

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
That ladder climbing is something special.

With all the work they put into this guy's cloak animation, it makes me wonder if the character customization will be more stats based and less appearance based (i.e., this is always your outfit). Or maybe they just have a great cloth physics system and it wasn't that much work to pull off.

(Disregard this if I missed explicit confirmation that there will be lots of different clothing sets.)

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.
I'm not liking this "no shield" aspect, seems like an unnecessary departure from the "Souls" amazing combat; also not liking that it looks like there is no lock on and it's just random swinging...

Top Bottom