• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First official off screen gameplay for From Software's Bloodborne (PS4)

So, do we throw duckroll to the werewolves?

Results are only viewable after voting.
People need to learn that games aren't automatically optimized and done. This game is at least 8 months out. Thne framerate will get polished out. That said, it sure looks yummy.

This is understandable of course but given From's track record of framerates on their console games I'm not sure how people can shrug it off as if it's not a possibility.

SRTtoZ

Still very souls-ish which is great. You can see the souls being absorbed and a glowing white item being left on the mob he kills.

hmm I'll guess I'll break my media blackout on the first day...

But I won't read ANYTHING about it. P Klepek tweeted something and I stopped myself from reading it

SgtCobra

Where are the other segments GAF, why are you failing on me GAF, where are my webm's GAF ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)

I'm surprised they showed anything since even some veteran gamers on gaf can't seem to understand what games under development mean.

And that's why I said in the thread earlier is why closed door presentations to the press still exist.

It Looks great though

Those hitboxes are worse than Dark Souls 2. Plus the enemy ai is shit.

They really shouldn't have shown the game in this state.

The odd thing is the hitboxes in the leaked webms looked fine. The game in general looked much further along than this footage would have us believe.

Very strange.

Akainu

zNItNpm.gif

It's funny, I just watched Bloodlust the other day thinking about this game.

I was expecting more, but game looks gorgeous from that little bit. I'd kill to see just 5-10 minutes of someone playing it so I can tell whether or not I'd be in to it.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
What hitbox example are people complaining about? Him killing the first enemy?

His scythe clever thing seems to have a pretty wide swing animation and it clearly hits him.

I'm surprised they showed anything since even some veteran gamers on gaf can't seem to understand what games under development mean.

And that's why I said in the thread earlier is why closed door presentations to the press still exist.

It Looks great though

What is with all this Damage Control?

We KNOW it's still in Alpha. A little criticism/advice/areas of concern is a GOOD thing.

It's not releasing until 2015 - we're a LOOOOONG ways out.

It's like people insulted GOD or something...

The PC version of DS2 ran like glass on very mediocre rigs.

I'm talking about console versions which I know are on ancient hardware. I just hope they learn to finally balance graphic fidelity with resources. This game looks like it will be beautiful and the setting looks extremely detailed at 1080p. Let's hope for a solid 30.

iFHXIaIK3kmxf.gif

This setting is downright beautiful.

Elios83

Looks much better than I was expecting from From Software and amazing atmosphere.
There's a huge slowdown when the character goes on top of the building but of course it's still pre-alpha.

The odd thing is the hitboxes in the leaked webms looked fine. The game in general looked much further along than this footage would have us believe.

Very strange.

Downgrade confirmed, right? :p

I'm not worried at all about the hitoxes and other gameplay aspects to be honest. There's probably going to be the usual FROMrate problems but you never know. Maybe I can allow myself to hope for this to run buttery smooth for once.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
What hitbox example are people complaining about? Him killing the first enemy?

His scythe clever thing seems to have a pretty wide swing animation and it clearly hits him.

Yeah, I feel like, if anything, it's a super-accurate hitbox. He kills the enemy when the very end of his errant swing touches the enemy's foot. The character animation is good, and I don't feel there's anything glaringly wrong with the zombie's AI.

Top Bottom