• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hi Guest. We've rebooted and consolidated our Communities section, so be sure to check it out and subscribe to some threads. Thanks!

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snaku

Banned
Sep 15, 2005
And that would be fine if this was a one-off. But can you honestly tell me that you see this character as being taken seriously by what we've seen of Ben Affleck's Batman?
Batfleck would have snapped this dweeb's spine.

Cuburt

Nov 14, 2012
Going after that Insane Clown Posse fanbase?

I'm sure someone somewhere is happy about that.

X

Xpike

Unconfirmed Member
Can we get a classy Joker for once, this one looks even more crazy than TDK.

JimJamJones

Nov 1, 2013
After Gal Gadot was cast as Wonder Woman, I didn't think I could be more disappointed in the DCCU.

I was wrong.

shadyspace

Banned
Jan 30, 2011
Batfleck would have snapped this dweeb's spine.
Exactly. I have my issues with the Nolan films but at the very least it was believable that the Joker presented a threat to Batman that no other villain did. Leto looks like a Joker henchman much more than the actual Joker.

Ahasverus

Sep 25, 2010
Colombia
www.facebook.com
The face tatoos are too much, terrible. Perhap's they're not permanent?

Also, I'd keep in mind that this Joker is going against Batfleck, it has to look like he can survive him. This looks like it.

>:)

Oct 13, 2013
But now that we got the look outta way, the real selling point for me is the voice. Is he using his normal voice like Jack, or something awesome like Ledger?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Jun 21, 2010
Guess Snyder does not approve.
I kinda hope Joker never shows up in future Batman movies now. Seeing Suicide Squad's Joker in Scott Snyder's Batman/Superman films just doesn't fit.

This sorta killed any hype I had for future DCU movies.

Drencrom

Aug 17, 2011
AND WHY ARE HIS TATTOOS INSPIRED BY HIMSELF?
Yeah, pretty dumb

I mean, he's got a big ego and all. But I don't see him having a tattoo of a skull with a Joker cap on his chest and a tattoo of his own smile on his arm...

The HHAHAHA with the comic font is just too on the nose for my taste too

shadyspace

Banned
Jan 30, 2011
I kinda hope Joker never shows up in future Batman movies now. Seeing Suicide Squad's Joker in Scott Snyder's Batman/Superman films just doesn't fit.

Honestly, this clearly shows that they do not have the sort of unified plan going forward that they should.

Slayven

Dec 10, 2004
USA

They need to dig deeper in Batman's rogues. I want a Clayface in live action

shira

Apr 6, 2011
bit.ly
I think punk rock Joker is something that's inevitable, so I approve. We need to see it once.

If this was a DmC-like decision "kids want a darker, edgier Joker for a new era", then I'd throw up a bit....

...but I see this as definitely existing in the multiverse of all possible Jokers...

In the movie industry, a four-quadrant movie is one which appeals to all four major demographic "quadrants" of the moviegoing audience: both male and female, over and under 25 years old. Films are generally aimed at at least two such quadrants, and most tent-pole films are four-quadrant movies. A film's budget is often correlated to the number of quadrants the film is expected to reach, and movies are rarely produced which are aimed at fewer than two quadrants.

I don't know that they are hitting 1 or 2 quadrants.

Discotheque

Banned
Oct 5, 2009
Honestly he's gonna be really entertaining though, I'm anxious to see footage

Looking like a swag rapper tho lol. Really wanna see Harley now

a916

Jul 10, 2013
Yeah, pretty dumb

I mean, he's got a big ego and all. But I don't see him having a tattoo of a skull with a Joker cap on his chest and a tattoo of his own smile on his arm...
Or, he had the tattoo and the green hair and people called him Joker after the fact?

We're all assuming that he calls himself the Joker, and then went and got the Joker tattoo.

What if he was crazy, and had the tattoo before he was even known as the Joker.

VladTepes

Banned
Feb 3, 2015
This looks really stupid. The Joker isn't conceited and self absorbed enough to get tattoo's, much less a grill. He only cares about causing havoc and looking insane. Tattoo's make him less scary and more of a primadonna or something.

MeBecomingI

Sep 16, 2010
I actually really like it. Completely different than what we are used to seeing. I have complete confidence that Leto is going to blow us away.

Kudos to the team for trying something different.

Status
Not open for further replies.