• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
This reminds me of that one Joker kick that everyone hated where he had like... a fucking Yakuza tattoo on his back.

I dunno. I suppose they might go with proper insane for this version... that could be ok.

Still. Dat grill tho... how you gonna mess with The Joker's smile???

Jetman

Eww, Marilyn Manson inspired? Don't know if want...
The blurry leaked shot over Leto's shoulder looked better.

Busty

Banned
That's..., so different from any other incarnation of the Joker on screen thus far we've seen I'm actually taken aback.

I forgot in this age of rebooted intellectual properties that talented filmmakers can approach material with a fresh take and a fresh eye.

That's...., that's really great.

Wow. Genuinely, wow.

Sou Da

Yep that looks like it's inspired by the Joker from All Star Batman,

Exactly what I expected

All-Star_Batman_and_Robin_8A.jpg

This reminds me of that one Joker kick that everyone hated where he had like... a fucking Yakuza tattoo on his back.

I dunno. I suppose they might go with proper insane for this version... that could be ok.

Still. Dat grill tho... how you gonna mess with The Joker's smile???

Batman probably knocked his teeth out.

not feeling the forehead tattoo. It couldn't be more on the nose if it were literally on his nose.

Otherwise... okay. Curious to see how he's gonna dress, though.

Toxi

Banned
Not diggin the design at all. Since when is the joker all tatted up?
Tattoos make sense for someone who is so theatrical and hedonistic in many interpretations.

Also keep in mind this is a new Joker interpretation. It doesn't have to match previous ones 100%.

Why would he feel the need to get HAHAHAHAHA tatted on himself?

This is like getting you know a you know what I'm saying tattoo or like. The grin is some fanfic shit too.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
"What if he has tattoos but in the STYLE of the COMIC LAUGHTER font?"

I wish I could legally hunt the worst creative people on earth.

Dyno

It's not what I expected but I like it. Jared seems committed in that picture and consider the shadow he has to escape coming after Heath's depiction.

A traditional Joker was not going to cut it.

Busty

Banned
Is he signed on to appear in Affleck Batman flicks?

A multi film, multi year deal.

Margot Robbie talked about potentially playing Harley Quinn for the next ten years.

I imagine that Leto's deal is similar, if not in length then maybe in profile.

Soma

Hmm.

A little apprehensive about it but i dunno. It could work though!

Wouldn't be the first time I get proven wrong about a new take on The Joker.

That looks awful, lol. I could at least tell what they were going for with ledger's joker, this one's a hodgepodge mess. What's with that hair? And those grills?

I didnt mind the hahahahaha tats until a previous post made me think they're the supervillain equivalent of Stev-O getting a giant Stev-O tattoo on his back

Sou Da

The Ha Ha Ha and Damaged tattoos are my only problem here, honestly.

I'm assuming the false teeth are because of Batman.

Expect characterization inspired by All Star Batman and Robin for better or worse.

KarmaCow

The immaculately designed but deranged tattoos on his body look pretty dumb though the rest looks good. It's a weird meta thing like he's aware of his own brand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom