• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
10-prodigy.jpeg

we are the prodigy

Maybe the Joker is a firestarter in this flick. HAHAHAHAHA

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
I expect him to be wearing clothes 95% of the time, so I don't care about the tats on his body. I'm interested to see where they're taking it. At least it looks different than what we've had before.

MattKeil

BIGTIME TV MOGUL #2
That's exactly why this is exciting. It's nothing like we thought it was going to be.

It isn't? As soon as he shaved the eyebrows it seemed pretty obvious they were going for complete nutjob weirdo Joker. I was skeptical of Ledger's Joker, but confident that he was in solid creative hands. I don't know if the same can be said for Suicide Squad.

So I'm getting a .... I'm really fucking deranged vibe from this Joker, more than any other Joker before this.

Interesting. I know people want something closer to what they've seen, but really, I say creating something new is always better than looking backwards and possibly falling into imitation.

I'm really not a fan of this design. Was hoping for a cross between Arkham Origins and The Dark Knight's designs, but this... I would've even taken The Dark Knight Returns' design over this.

He looks crazy, don't get me wrong, but not in the way I'd imagine the Joker to be.

The thing that bothers me is that this Joker had to have made the decision to get these tattoos. It reeks of a self-awareness that the character should not possess.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I think they were going for something good, but the execution is just kind of lol

I mean the "damaged" tattoo and the replacement/caps on the teeth? lol

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
let's all wait for some actual scenes before judging...mmkay?

but the Joker is like 60% look and 40% talky shit. If you can't get his look down pat, then what the fuck you doin?

He just looks like a deviantart cosplayer in this promo shot. that's fine if that's the angle they're goin for, but based off this first official pic?

I ain't buyin' it.

not even for a dollar. He looks a screamo band lead singer.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
This is a very interesting take. And I don't mean interesting in, "the flavor of this dish you cooked is...interesting..."

I mean it as it is a legitimately interesting take on the Joker visually. I like it. Wasn't sure I would, but I'm always curious to see different takes on the character.

Oppo

I wonder if he'll use the forearm / hand tats as a sort of visual gag, holding them up over his face, etc

I think this Joker will be really hyper and energetic.

Not saying his performance won't be great, but the "Damaged" tattoo and "HAHAHA"s scrawled across his body seem a little...well...too literal, even for The Joker.

I like the caps on the teeth though.

feel

Eh, was diggin the look way more in the one where he was holding the camera, and on that leaked gif some paparazzi filmed off his phone screen.

Sou Da

Ok my friend pointed it out, he does look kinda look like Riff Raff lol

I swear if he puts the smile tattoo on the back of his hand and arm over his mouth..

knkng

Don't mind the skull and playing cards tattoos (I guess the smiling teeth is also ok), but the "HAHAHAHA" stuff looks so out of place. It's like something you would see on promotional artwork on the side of a 7-11 cup. I can't imagine someone having something like that tattooed on their body.

The "Damaged" on the forehead also screams high school emo kid.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I was just thinking it would have been more hilarious jokery if his tats were all upside down and on his belly and chest cause he did them all himself... like his own little in joke.

Why oh why couldn't they at least use a different font for the laughter. Wink wink nudge nudge see guys it's cause it's a comic book! teeeeeheeeee

so clever. much jokes.

jett

D-Member
The body tattoos are silly and meta-referential, but I can roll with that. The "damaged" one on his forehead is just really silly, clichéd, and exceedingly dated. Not sure about the grill. Meh. I'll wait until more info for further judging, but it seems like they're trying to top Heath Ledger by going over the top.

Joker_laughing.gif

this movie is going to bomb

Well, it is a David Ayer movie, so odds on it being awful/bombing are 50/50, or more. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom