• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It isn't? As soon as he shaved the eyebrows it seemed pretty obvious they were going for complete nutjob weirdo Joker. I was skeptical of Ledger's Joker, but confident that he was in solid creative hands. I don't know if the same can be said for Suicide Squad.

Everyone thought it was going to be a mixture of Snyder's and Miller's.

effzee

Different- might work might not.

But everytime I think about the Joker on film now all I wonder is how amazing it would have been if Heath never passed. Joker would have been in TDKR and we would have been blessed with at least 1 more movie with that Joker.

E the Shaggy

I'm open to it.

We all remember when they showed the first image of Heath Ledger as the Joker don't we? Pretty close to the response now.

This reminds me of DOFP quicksilver in that even if he's great in the movie his design is going to be a negative no matter how you spin it

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
This Batman almost leaves Joker without teeth, damn batfleck doesn't fuck around.

lol

poopninjamvc3mk

I sucked six dicks to get this tag.
I could do without the damage tat.

I'm pretty eh on it. I don't dislike it but I'm not excited by it either.

Can't wait to see the other designs.

It's not like people shit on the Deadpool costume

I couldn't read that thread. There was hardly a pixel difference in that picture from what I've seen of the character in comics, and people still were fucked up over it. It's really interesting people hold this stuff so close to heart.

Rootbeer

Banned
Very different from the past film versions.

Not the design I would have signed off on but it's a bad idea to bet against the joker. It's probably going to be a great representation.

Corpsepyre

Banned
I like it. It's certainly different, but that's what we need after Heath's Joker. Don't need people comparing the two. He has to make this an entirely different character, and I'm all up for that. Really anticipating this movie!

Frank miller inspired

millerJoker.jpg

yea I immediately thought of this. I like.

But I'm unsure about the face tattoos...

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
so instead of a pinstripe suit he'll be in an ed hardy t-shirt?

kirblar

Each iteration of him has to try something to make him unique - I don't mind this, especially since Harley's going to be around and Groupie/Rock Star is actually a decent way to characterize their relationship.

Gleethor

First thought is that Batman has definitely knocked this dudes teeth out before, probably the cause of the facial scars as well.

not feeling the forehead tattoo. It couldn't be more on the nose if it were literally on his nose.

Otherwise... okay. Curious to see how he's gonna dress, though.
On the nose is exactly the first thing I thought when I saw the picture. It's like they needed to draw a blunt description of everything about the Joker on his body in case people don't 'get it'.

styl3s

waahhh heath ledger

waahhh jared leto

waahhh why didn't they pick actor du jour that i like (johnny depp, chris pratt, idris elba)
I was hyped about Heath and his Joker but this? I was excited when i heard Leto was going to be him but this picture does absolutely nothing for me. It looks extremely stupid. The whole "Damaged" on his for head makes me want to never watch the movie. It feels like they are trying way, way, way too hard to make him come off as a psycho which makes him come off as a punk poser instead.

Regardless of his appearance, I hope other directors can salvage whatever Ayer is going to do with the character. Zero faith in him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom