• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blastoise

Banned
Honestly, this is the direction they need to go. This is more exciting than doing anything remotely like the Dark Knight Joker.

David Ayer is a crazy motherfucker, and this looks just like his wheelhouse.

If only Suicide Squad was rated R.

I can see it already.

YHKFY51.jpg

I hope he mentions how he regrets his face tattoos in the movie lol

Anyways I think I'm warming up to this, get rid of damaged tattoo tho lol but otherwise I dunno...it's refreshing how they're veering away from suit-joker for this iteration

Looks like a psycho punk/swag rapper

Platy

Definitely looks a helluva lot different than the previous incarnations, which was obviously a goal here. Overall I like it, if for no other reason than they're trying something different than the typical clown look. I'm witholding judgment until we see him in motion, in character. I remember when we got the first image of Ledger's Joker:

zhzHgUW.jpg

...and a lot of people thought it was boring as shit until we finally saw him in the trailers.

In retrospect this picture really shows the "man with a plan" joker that we had.

Which means that we can hope that Leto's pic really shows the "force of nature" joker ?

Holding judgement till I see the movie, but as of right now....I don't know. The Joker is pretty iconic as is, including the Bermejo twist with the Glasgow smile that inspired Heath Ledger's look. Seems like they might of tried a bit too hard, no need for the grill.

I hope there is at least a story tied to the look. Maybe he has a grill after Batman punched his teeth in?

ZeroFate

SOOOO happy they decided to go completely different with this design. Kinda like what they did with Mamoa's Aquaman. Love it.

I wonder if in the context of the movie the Joker purposefully gets those tattoos just as a joke for being in prison. Just his way of making fun of it all.

Love this look. Looking forward to this movie and a different take on the character. Part of the appeal for me is that these characters can have wildly different takes.

Loxley

The silver teeth actually makes sense, assuming this is a Joker that has been punched in the face by Batman for at least a decade.

Gleethor

Honestly, this clearly shows that they do not have the sort of unified plan going forward that they should.

I love how people feel prepared to just make these kinds of statements after seeing one picture. We know next to dick about WB's films going forward other than what some of them are.

Splendor

I am alright with this design overall. Joker as an asshole who is so into himself that he would get tatoos like Damaged on his forehead makes me chuckle and interests me.

A Joker that is aware of his whole "agent of chaos" thing and was meglomaniacal would also be interesting in a team setting, and it would give him reason to have Harley around, so that she serves as a reminder to who and what he can corrupt, and having her grow out from underneath his shadow in the movie would give her an arc.

That all being said this may just be trying too hard and it may all be bullshit, but I remain hopeful.

jett

D-Member
Honestly more I see it the more I like it. His body will covered up most of the time probably anyway... :p

Like I said in the leaked pics thread, this Joker seems like he will be much more deranged than TDK's.

shira

If only Suicide Squad was rated R.
Well, okay, but here where it says, "What I got you gotta get and put it in ya," how about just, "What I'd like is I'd like to hug and kiss ya."

Wow. That's much better.
Everyone can enjoy that.

I actually like the teeth, It makes sense. Have you seen the Batman he has to deal with?

Other than some of the tats and especially the face tats, he looks fucking great.

The silver teeth actually makes sense, assuming this is a Joker that has been punched in the face by Batman for at least a decade.

Patricularly if the rumor about
Robin already having being killed at the Joker's hand is true. Batman probably would have destroyed all he could destroy without killing him.

Cuburt

Meta/ironic Joker is taking "over-the-top" to campy new heights I didn't even think was possible. Especially since someone had to have thought the design still looked unironically cool since even a campy ironic Joker isn't supposed to look like a corny tool.

Someone tell them that less is more.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
Will have to see how he comes across in action, but at first glance it's way too "busy". The Joker's aura usually comes from his relatively simple, oddly classy clown appearance hung over a deranged personality.

This guy has the look of "OH MY GOD, I'M THE JOKER! GEDDIT! I'M CALLED THE JOKER AND I'M CRAAAZY!"

ElTopo

Banned
I would have liked to see the Joker without his face. Like in that arc where he cuts off his staples and staples that back on. If they somehow do that by the end of the film then it'll be redeemed.

- J - D -

What if this is just a wannabe Joker, and the real one doesn't have those dumb tattoos.

Am I in denial now? I think I jumped a couple phases.

Kimosabae

Banned
The thing about Ledger's Joker - at least in terms of aesthetics - is that it was so down to Earth. Everything about his look felt grounded and feasible, from the scars on his face that told a potential story (and the lipstick serving the purpose not to make him look like a clown - but to direct some attention away from the scars) to the cheap suit that looked like he found in a back alley dumpster.

Nolan/Ledger's Joker was a character I didn't have a problem believing in.

Everything about this Joker looks contrived and focus-tested.

yuraya

Don't like the damaged tattoo otherwise looks good. He is missing suit and makeup tho.

This thread will be fun to revisit in few years. Leto is very talented he is gonna do great imo.

I, and I think other people, considering that BvS seems to be taking a lot from TDKR and from the early leaked pic with the white suit, expected something like tdkr joker

jokerreturns.jpg

cosplay to better ilustrate how it could look on someone with leto's figure I guess:

smilex_on_dark_knight_returns_joker_by_smilexvillainco-d7gin69.jpg

i'll take that any day

Remember the leak from Leto's phone.

Edit: already posted.

We are still probably going to get that version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom