• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't mind the tone change, glad to see another different incarnation of the character...

But some of the tattoos are just too "on the nose". Like Damaged on his forehead? Really?

phanphare

Banned
I don't think that's supposed to be a grill

probably fillings that were put in after he bit into something with his front teeth

Drencrom

He should have poorer self-made tattoos instead of these professionally made ones.

Would make him look more deranged and insane instead of just some emo that got his shit done in a parlor.

def sim

The only thing that really irks me is the "damaged" tattoo. Though, hey, maybe it fits Jared's rendition of the Joker.

MattyG

Banned
I hope we get a trailer or a clip of Joker soon. I need to know if that forehead tattoo is going to be in the movie. If I have to see that every time I look at him I'm going to be pissed.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I think I hate it.

Visually, it doesn't look nearly as good as Heath Ledger's Joker. I doubt that will ever be topped. And no, Nicholson didn't already top it.

At least they're trying to do something different. I hate it when superhero junk plays it too safe and is too reverential for those who came before.

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I just can't un-see Miley Cyrus.

Yo I want some footage of this

Sid Vicious joker mixed with riff raff

Comic book villains were getting really fucking stale lately too

Applebite

Part of me wants to see the cheesy "Damaged" tattoo as being a tongue in cheek joke / reference to like ugly emo teenager tattoos, but part of me thinks I'm giving way too much credit to these guys.

Oddduck

I know that Jared Leto will give a great performance, but I'm not really fond of this look.

It almost feels like a satire or parody of the joker.

Oh well, I'm always open to new interpretations of characters, and I'm still interested in the film.

Arc

Bookmarking this thread now for the crow eating when Leto turns out to be great. We've been fooled once before.

And I don't understand why people want a rehashed Ledger Joker. Try something new, this is Joker #3. Ledger and Nicholson Jokers were completely different too.

Sulik2

Well we now know that Zack Snyder is the reason all the costumes in Dawn of Justice are so incredible. This Joker looks terrible. What is with the grill? Horrid design.

jett

D-Member
Wondering how Harley will look now.

85k0ZUR.jpg

Obviously.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom