• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zma1013

Maybe everyone will look like they're in a rock band and the Suicide Squad actually refers to their band name and they will go around playing gigs and stuff.

Imperial

85k0ZUR.jpg

Obviously.

lol

Rich!

Is it really that hard to do something similar to the Joker in the Arkham games?

Why copy an existing design that people would be expecting when you have the chance to offer something new and different?

I want the joker to be unpredictable and that extends to his portrayal in film.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
Looks more like the Riddler to me. It seems fine though. I have no idea why people are getting so angry over it.

Probably because they wanted animated series joker, or Nicholson joker, or ledger joker.

We complain about Hollywood recycling the same shit over and over again, but the moment they change something we deem precious and sacred, we lose our shit.

We can't admit that what we really want is the same shit over and over again, because the familiarity is comforting. We want different, until we get it. I like to reserve judgment.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
The dynamic between these two should be interesting to watch.

e1dhunh.jpg

I like the idea of it already, honestly
I do too. It feels like Batman is the old man yelling at the kids to get off his lawn while Joker is the punk ass kid who keeps on pestering him and putting his toe on the grass. You just get the feeling that this Batman is just fucking tired of Joker's shit at this point.

Love it

This looks like a guy who can take a beating for Batfleck and laugh about it afterwards, who spent time locked in Arkham Asylum with a bunch of other psychos and villains

It's reminds me of Leatherface Joker, in that this looks like a guy who's an absolutely terrifying psycho.
jl2CS30.jpg

I'm all for different interesting takes on a character

Imperial

Love it

This looks like a guy who can take a beating for Batfleck and laugh about it afterwards, who spent time locked in Arkham Asylum with a bunch of other psychos and villains

It's reminds of Leatherface Joker, in that this looks like a guy who's an absolutely terrifying psycho.
jl2CS30.jpg

Imagine if we had this in live-action

zma1013

Like some people said in this thread Batman punched his teeth out and he replaced them with what he has in the picture.

No way, the Joker would have one of those teeth chatter toys put in and when he needs to get out of a bind he would take them out and they would walk across the floor and blow something up.

It's reminds of Leatherface Joker, in that this looks like a guy who's an absolutely terrifying psycho.
jl2CS30.jpg

I fucking hate this joker. Totally went overboard with OMGHESCWWAAAAZZZZYYY and totally loses what the character was all about in my opinion.

I'm warming up to Leto's look the more I stare at it. I hope he takes his grill off at some point and we just see all of his shattered teeth.

Still will never like the Damaged tattoo, even if he directly states it as being ironic in the film.

Also, people realize that we won't see batman and this Joker go at it on screen....for like a very long time right? I don't even think they've made mention of doing that. Plus, we don't even know when Suicide Squad takes place in DC's CU.

jackdoe

Reminds me of Grant Morrison's Batman RIP Joker, only swapping a bullet scar for a tattoo. Hoping they go that route. Easily one of my favorite Joker interpretations.

Rich!

fantastic, but i thought tdk was boring so take that fwiw.

That's because it is

It wasnt when I first saw it. But upon my rewatches of it, I started to realise just how dull the film is outside of ledgers performance. It drags.

And some of the dialogue is...bad. TDKR is even worse. Batman Begins is amazing though.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Love it

It's reminds me of Leatherface Joker, in that this looks like a guy who's an absolutely terrifying psycho.
jl2CS30.jpg

Honestly this is WAY better than Leatherface Joker, which was just created probably for shock value.

Enthus

This is great. We've had classic Joker design in Romero and Nicholson, and gritty Joker in Ledger. This is something entirely new, and I love it.

Also, the first Joker on-screen to look like a psycho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom