• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Screams of trying too hard. Look at all these Joker references I've got all over me.

Seems less like he's inhabiting the Joker and more like he's advertising the Joker.

Effect

So it's looking we might be getting a combination of The Killing Joke, Dark Knight Returns, and All Star Batman & Robin Joker all rolled into one!?

I'm okay with that. Wasn't expecting this picture but I'm not turned off by it. I'm glad they went with something different instead of just repeating what was already done. There are many different versions of these characters and they should get attention.

Superman and Batman are a lot closer to their comic versions. Joker should be as well. The teeth right away tell me this is a Joker that will get physical and likely has had his face punched in by Batman in the past. The Batman we saw in the teaser trailer would do some damage to people he's fought. Everyone commented on that when the trailer was released. The Joker of all people should actually reflect that. This looks like a Joker that potentially could have been a threat to Batman and and going up against him several times over the years. If he's locked up he would naturally work out the same way other prisoners would. Why wouldn't he to protect himself and to basically rule over others?

Also from the other pictures we've seen he should show up in the white suit at some point.

Not enough of a smile in that expression, looks more like a scream. Also that "damaged" head tat is the lamest thing I've ever seen. Otherwise ok I guess.

Well, I'm kinda sold on Leto Joker. Considering the fan reaction when Ledger Joker was first revealed, I don't think initial appearances are any indicator of Jokerness. Although, the Ninja analogies seem so apt.

Sephzilla

CDZot3VUMAAC3JT.jpg
Flawless victory

Dali

The damaged tattoo makes him seem like just a common thug type instead of the creepy sociopath he's always portrayed as. There's not much subtly to it.

Edit: actually there's never much subtly to joker's craziness. Maybe that's why that tattoo is so annoying. It's overkill.

Foggy

He's a villain who calls himself the Joker, makes up like a clown, and people are saying the tattoos are too try-hard and on the nose? Haha, christ, have some imagination.

He looks stupid. Like, I'm sure Leto will pull the Joker off. But he looks stupid. He looks like what someone who would make the character 'edgy'. What I'm trying to say, is that he looks stupid.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
You're probably only going to see the tattoos once. Stop crying about them.I just want his smile to have more depth.

If corny tattoos apparently make him "crazy", I wouldn't be surprised if he goes no shirt because that's "crazy" too.

"Damaged" is the worst one too, and that's right on the forehead.

Glass

Bookmarking this thread now for the crow eating when Leto turns out to be great. We've been fooled once before.

No ones saying he's not going to be great. I think his casting has been met with far more optimism then Ledgers at the time. Everyones just critiquing the design at this point.

Would it be possible that he's a copycat Joker and not the real one? Like you don't find out until the end or something? I know that's almost certainly not the case, but it feels off, like he's trying too hard.

RyanDG

I think the biggest problem I have is that the tattoos are too clean... too neat... too designed... That kind of bothers me, but I guess it's just going to be a matter of seeing where they take this character. I think if the designs were closer to what you see in prison tattoos, or self applied tattoos with homemade tattoo needles, I could understand it... But as it is, the self-referential nature of the tattoos and their aesthetic screams to me too much.

PreFire

travis-barker-famous-phillove--large-msg-118478643794.jpg

So.. They're going for the Travis Barker joker..

What's with the tats? Fucking bizarre lol

Ps I googled that image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom