• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Official Picture Of Jared Leto's DAMAGED Joker!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabby

I feel like people complaining about the tattoos on the joker looking "stupid" sort of miss the point.

Like seriously, have you actually thought about the Joker objectively?

He paints his face white, has green fucking hair, and wears lipstick. The dude laughs maniacally while he commits mass murder. I think having "Damaged" tattoo on his head is exactly the short of stupid asinine shit that the Joker would do. And he probably tattooed the "hahahahas" just to troll internet forum readers.

He doesn't paint his face white nor did he dye his hair green though. That's what he actually looks like.

Hagi

Maybe because some believe in playing it safe instead of being different. Dare to step out of the comfort zone. I hate when people go for the easy hanging fruit. Piss people off and make them give into your creation.

DC cut off his own face and made him fucking wear it. If you want to talk low hanging fruit I'd say straight up lifting panels from the comics and turning them into shitty self referential tattoos cover that pretty fine. Doesn't strike me that they put quite as much thought into the execution.

Salsa

Qkh6O99.png

hell yeah

Bit-Bit

Guys, I know that most versions of the Joker has his physical attributes stemming from a bath in chemicals.

My point wasn't whether or not he wears makeup. My point is that he's a psychopath who uses his weird looks to make people uncomfortable.

Foggy

He doesn't paint his face white nor did he dye his hair green though. That's what he actually looks like.

We've seen more than enough iterations of the character where they are exactly that. I mean hell, if people just hate the design then fair play, but saying that this is somehow antithetical to the character? C'mon.

him and harley are gonna be some hot trashy couple
qqebztf-png.6259

and next year all the role model-less children and scene kids will be cosplaying as them and getting their tattoos
holeup.png

Guys, I know that most versions of the Joker has his physical attributes stemming from a bath in chemicals.

My point wasn't whether or not he wears makeup. My point is that he's a psychopath who uses his weird looks to make people uncomfortable.

Going "what the hell were they thinking" is not quite the same as discomfort.

What's wrong with the idea of him using the tatoos of expressing his insanity it makes sense for the character.

I actually agree that the Damaged tattoo isn't that bad, I don't understand why people are making a big deal out of it ( or I guess I should say I don't think they've made a convincing post so far)

Still hate the ha-ha tattoos, Makes his laugh seem less genuinely crazy and more like it's a deliberate over the top shtick that he just uses

Welp, that looks like garbage. Everything thing about this screams "We got to be different for the sake of being different", so they threw in some random garbage. I can handle some tattoos, but that forehead tattoo is just too much, and don't even get me started on the Joker having a grill...

If you haven't seen Dallas Buyer's Club (which most here probably haven't) than this won't excite you.
It might actually anger you.
It would me as well if I hadn't seen the movie.

But I have, and I have confidence that Leto is going to rock this role.
No pun intended

Salsa

it's a bummer that they're tattoos

like, at least with the shitty costume from Amazing Spiderman 1 they could do the proper one for 2 after that got a shitty reception

not that it helped the movie but you get what im saying

bengraven

I'm okay with the tattoos, only they shouldn't be so nice.

The Joker would either do them himself or have someone who was terrified of him doing them, so they should be shaky and ungulated and look like a 12 year old made them.

Weetrick

"The Joker to be played by Heath Ledger?

Bloody well better not be. He sucks!

You mean I have to watch Batman Begins 2 with a bunch of 14 year old girls fapping for The Joker?

Ledger brings the star power, but he would make an awful Joker. I hope it doesn't come to be.

He won't get the chance to prove anything. :p

And I actually don't mind Ledger, but as the Joker? Feck no

And then the thread devolves into a giant gay-joke. Now history is repeating itself and everyone is freaking out over this ONE IMAGE. The Joker is not some sacred character that must be visually portrayed in a very specific, pre-approved way. I'm glad they are going in a new direction and I would wait until the movie comes out before being disappointed. If it sucks, then it sucks. But we've only seen one image!

If you haven't seen Dallas Buyer's Club (which most here probably havenT) than this won't excite you.
It might actually anger you.
It would me as well if I hadn't seen the movie.

But I have, and I have confidence that Leto is going to rock this role.
No pun intended

I have no doubts in Leto's talent.

That doesn't change how awful this design is.

Hagi

I'm not even against the idea of him having tattoos it just would have been nice if they spent a little more effort and didn't just put Joker in Google and grab whatever they could find. The metal teeth is cool idea at least and makes sense after getting a look at the monster that is Batfleck.

Amir0x

Banned
Leto is a good actor, but that wouldn't really change how... off this Joker looks. Appearances aren't everything, and I don't really have confidence in any DC movie anyway post Man of Steel, but basically good actor gross look.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom