• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First-Person Horror Adventure Scorn to Release This Fall, According to Gamescom Gamepass Advert

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

The upcoming atmospheric first-person horror adventure game by Ebb Software, Scorn, is releasing this Fall.

The release frame for the title was already confirmed in the game’s extended gameplay trailer last year, and from the looks of it, the title will be arriving by the end of this year on PC and as an Xbox console exclusive on Xbox Series X|S.

At the Gamescom 2021 Opening Night Live event, a Scorn title card was shown during an Xbox Game Pass advert, briefly showing a “Fall 2021” release. A screenshot of this release frame can be seen below.

nN6DAJQ.png

CamHostage

Yep, saw that card in I think it was a quick scroll of Game Pass games. Weird that Microsoft wouldn't highlight that game in its Gamescom showcase, considering it's being made exclusively for Xbox/PC and is a next-gen-only title.

Stuart360

Fuck yeah, my second most wanted game after Starfield.
I was kind of thinking it would be later than this, after Microsoft gave them the money to finish the game and release as one game, as oppose to releasing in two halves like they were orig planning.

This fall just gets better and better.

R6Rider

Gold Member
I feel like this game is going to be just okay, like the medium. Atmosphere looks wonderful, reminds me of Ripley's Alien, but the last time I saw gameplay was bit of a snooze. Hopefully there's been some changes since last time.
This. The gameplay shown before was a terrible section to show off (I'm hoping). If that's the majority of the game, it's a hard pass.

llLeonhart

Gold Member
I legit thought this game released a while back.

I'm not particularly looking forward to this one, worst case scenario it turns out like that other thrash FPS in hell one which I can't for the life of me remember the name.

Kuranghi

Poor Stu got sandwiched by negativity, and I'm going to be a bastard too because I totally agree with R6Rider R6Rider & akaFullmetal akaFullmetal it looks really cool but I don't know if it'll be fun to play. Looks very gooey though:

Last edited:

ZehDon

Can't wait. The extended gameplay footage they showed off previously was right up my alley - slow and gross. Weird, disgusting, twisted, and methodical.

Last edited:

catvonpee

I'm looking forward to this. I am glad it's on Gamepass because it seems like the enjoyability could go either way with this one.

Little Chicken

Gold Member
All of these Playstation exclusions that were mocked are working out well for MS to plug holes in their 2021 release schedule.

Yep, saw that card in I think it was a quick scroll of Game Pass games. Weird that Microsoft wouldn't highlight that game in its Gamescom showcase, considering it's being made exclusively for Xbox/PC and is a next-gen-only title.
Horror games can get rapid promotion around Halloween and do well. I agree its an odd omission though.

Top Bottom