• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First PES 2018 details and release date leaked

MauroNL

Looks like the first details for this year' PES iteration leaked early through a store listing, so the announcement should be imminent. Pro Evolution Soccer 2018 is currently listed for release on September 12th in North America and September 14th in other regions. There's a bunch of pre-order bonuses and a special Barcelona Edition. First details and cover:
• Gameplay Masterclass – Strategic Dribbling, Real Touch+ and new set pieces take the unrivalled gameplay to the next level
• Presentation Overhaul – New menus and real player images
• PES League Integration – Compete with PES League in new modes including myClub
• Online Co-op - A mode dedicated to co-op play is newly added
• Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
• Master League Upgrade – New pre-season tournaments, improved transfer system, presentations and functionality
• Enhanced Visual Reality – New lighting, reworked player models and animations covering everything from facial expressions to body movement to bring the game to life
https://www.trueachievements.com/n28023/pes-2018-prices-release-date-and-barcelona-edition
065371.jpg

dc89

Love PES17 so I'll be in for the next game when the price decreases. Can't justify £40 on a football game these days.

inky

• Shit PC Version -- PC version is still shit

And it's a shame too because 2017 version plays incredible.

Okada

Random selection match! The greatest mode in gaming returns!

PES 2017 was fantastic, really can't wait for this.

Kyoufu

In terms of gameplay and fun-factor, nah bruh.

Will wait for price drop. Enjoyed my time with Pes 17.

Annoying that none of my family are willing to jump back over to pes.

PES is missing all the modes my friends I like to play on FIFA, so until they copy FIFA's modes, nobody is jumping over.

They ALWAYS mess up the Steam version in some profoundly odd way, on top of the usual just half-baked features.

I'm extremely happy to see they overhauled the menu. If they get more licenses this year I'll be more likely to actually pay for this on release. They always drastically lower the price when nobody buys it though.

PES is missing all the modes my friends I like to play on FIFA, so until they copy FIFA's modes, nobody is jumping over.

Majority of my family's time with FIFA is spent on exhibition. We play 2v2, me and my younger brother who never play FIFA often end up on top. The jump from Pes to FIFA really feels like going back a generation, in terms of gameplay.

I also much prefer master league to career mode.

PES will never touch the ultimate team market, or overall presentation, though.

Okada

The only thing I miss from Fifa is couch co-op online. I actually managed to make the EA access trial last me all year when every other year I'd have used it up within 2 days.

Surprised Konami haven't given up on this yet. I mean, the game is dead compared to FIFA.
They still have the Champions League license for a few more years and they probably paid quite a bit for that. I can see them keeping on releasing the game until it ends, there's probably a clause on it forcing them to release the game yearly.

Online Co-op? Does that mean a proper 2 v 2 mode?

I asked PES Brand Manager Adam Bhatti last year via Twitter, was there any chance of it, he didn't answer, just unfollowed me instead. Nice lad.

Drifters

Konami, I'm not joking; Copy the presentation style of FIFA2017 with the gameplay of PES2016 and PES2017 and you're good.

nampad

They need to implement custom tournaments. That's one feature my friends and I are missing badly. The feature is great in Fifa because the injuries and cards as well as other stats are saved.

Also, even though I am not a fan, we need Bayern back, even if it is a fake Bayern. Now it is pretty much Real vs. Real with some Barca sprinkled in when I play with friends.

fersnake

i love pes but im feeling tired of the menus and that cover.

btw if they dont have all the licenses why not implement a full edit system?

Raptor

Pes17 feels better than Fifa17 for me on the gameplay department, might aswell if this continues I aint buying Fifa anymore and will get this instead.

Why Barca tho? they aint winning shit this year.

:p

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I feel like its a copy/paste list of features from last year, but whatever, 17 was amazing and a much, much better game than FIFA, so Im all in.

Online Co-op? Does that mean a proper 2 v 2 mode?

I asked PES Brand Manager Adam Bhatti last year via Twitter, was there any chance of it, he didn't answer, just unfollowed me instead. Nice lad.

Well don't ask Bhatti anything as he's a twat. It's like a fanboy being made brand manager.

Green Yoshi

Still playing PES 2016. Only switch every two years. Hopefully Bayern Munich will be in the game. It was missing in PES 2017.

Hedrush

PES 2017 was great the gameplay is just amazing easily the best football game in years. One thing they need to fix though is the referees they're terrible they don't give you anything that's my only complaint in an otherwise fantastic game. 2018 should be a cracker, can't wait.

PaulLFC

• Random Selection Match – Fan favourite returns with new presentation and features
Finally! I've been hoping this would return for years, it was great fun for local multiplayer.

Interested to see what the presentation improvements and new lighting are like.

FIFA has the crown, lets not be silly now
Sales wise, correct. Gameplay wise, absolutely not. PES 2017 is the best-playing football game ever made. Online lets it down, interesting to see if it's been worked on for 2018, but as a single player experience it's unrivalled.

beastlove

I hope they fix the online game. Offline Pes 17 was amazing but online it was really poor. The whole experience was broken which is a shame as it was perfect in every other aspect.

MrS

Banned
Sales wise, correct. Gameplay wise, absolutely not. PES 2017 is the best-playing football game ever made. Online lets it down, interesting to see if it's been worked on for 2018, but as a single player experience it's unrivalled.
Having played both games, and being mainly an online player, FIFA is the best game and FUT/Seasons are the best modes out there. Single player is shit in 2017, why play against the computer when I can play against a person? Hope the online is fixed for the new PES cause it was awful in PES 2017.

Jarnet87

i went with FIFA last year despite thinking that PES played better based on the two demos. I am just lazy when it comes to editing teams/players/etc.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
It does physically hurt me to have to buy a game with Barca on the cover, ugh, thats for certain.

DigSCCP

How is online compared to FIFA on 17?
I used to be a big PES/WE fan back in the days - did a lot of modifications on DKZ Studio during PS2 era - but when online arrived on Soccer games FIFA was so many miles ahead that I jumped into the FIFA boat and never looked back...

Griss

PES 2017 is so good I'm not sure I'll even want to move on. Like, even the slightest imbalance in PES 2018 would send me straight back, I'm sure.

They just nailed it last year.

i went with FIFA last year despite thinking that PES played better based on the two demos. I am just lazy when it comes to editing trans/players/etc.

It has never been easier. Download a zip file, put it on a stick, follow a 2 minute youtube guide and voila - fully licensed teams.

Top Bottom