• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First photos of Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman Superman

VulcanRaven

First photos of Brandon Routh as Kingdom Come Superman in Crisis On Infinite Earths:

SkcVBJU.jpg

Looks really good. I have never watched any of the Arrowverse shows but this looks interesting. I liked Brandon Routh in Superman Returns.

Edit: Can someone fix the title?

Last edited:
Such a shame Superman Returns just couldn't stick the landing at the end of the movie. A sequel doing more of it's own thing could have been amazing.

Great to see Roth back in the suit though. My wife's a big fan and I've taken her to get his autograph at a couple of conventions. Really great, warm and passionate guy who obviously cares about his roles and doing these characters justice.

Last edited:

plushyp

Pretty cool how far they are going with this crossover. I haven't watched the shows in over 4 years so perhaps I'll give them a shot again.

kunonabi

Costume isnt bad but Routh is a little too young looking and his hair a bit long to pull off Kingdom Come Superman. Still looks 100 times better than Supergirl's shitty Superman.

GreyHorace

Outfit looks good, but I don't buy Routh as an old Superman. Let alone the Kingdom Come incarnation.

Hope he gets to do his own take on the character. Last time he donned the cape, he was doing an impression of Christopher Reeve. I want Routh to try something new and make the character his own.

TacosNSalsa

Kind of off topic but has the Specter made an appearance in the Arrowverse ? I remember him being in the comic Crisis on Infinite Earths

KOMANI

KOMANI
Imagine this is the thing that pushes warners to go back to Routh. Then the movies and tv shows become connected through Superman.

TacosNSalsa

Reeves shit on himself all the time. Like literally.

:messenger_winking:
Such a dick statement yo..lol. I agree Cavill is a good Superman he just needs good writing/directing . He was WAY too brooding in BvS and wasn't til the end of JL did I kinda see the Supes I knew growing up. Even in the beginning when he was talking to the children the way I know him he would've actually knelt down to talk to them and not look off into the distance .

I really hope this is good , it's my first time diving into the CW stuff so I'm kinda excited .I wanna know how deep into comic lore they'll go ..we could see a Mandrakk (Dark Monitor) or even Cosmic Armor Superman :messenger_open_mouth::messenger_open_mouth:. When does this start again?

TacosNSalsa

Even outside of the writing I don't think Cavill works as Supes. He just always comes off as a condescending frat guy even when he isn't brooding.
I still honestly feel it's the writing . I feel like I'd need to see him with better writers/directors before I say it's him . Something I feel the movies we've seen him in so far they have failed to make him kind. He was a good guy and did what was right and saved people(when not dropping buildings on them) but he never came across as a kind hearted person , just someone that was there to do what he was supposed to do .
I was just kidding. Lol. But I didn't really grow up liking Reeves as Superman. I'm into Cavill myself.
I know it wasn't serious, I'm not going to lie I chuckled to myself .

GymWolf

Not a superman fan or expert but did he forget the red panties outside of the costume for the photoshoot??

Is he fighting conor mcgregor??

Would love to see Routh coming back as a more Reevesy Superman.

I liked Cavills take on him, but in the end Routh was much more of what I want to see as Superman.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
From one Superman to another
Pic of Tom Welling on set with the new Clark Kent.
But WTF lol the new Superman is small compared to Tom
arrow-crisis-crossover-supermen.jpg

Vinter

Tyler Hoechlin's Superman sucks in my opinion. Will probably watch this event because of the return of all those characters. Maybe that will get me through the terrible writing in these shows.

kunonabi

Tyler Hoechlin's Superman sucks in my opinion. Will probably watch this event because of the return of all those characters. Maybe that will get me through the terrible writing in these shows.

Tyler got saddled with a crap costume and being supergirl's bitch.

That said, he was never fit to wear Welling's CG trunks regardless.

MisterHero

I'm sorta doubting how in-line Routh is with the actual Kingdom Come Supes. It's not a big deal, but losing Lois or repairing the entire midwestern farmland is probably a bigger deal to him than being editor-in-chief. Also his identity was known at the end of KC.

Did he get EiC because Joker killed everyone else? What a goofy expression for this revelation. ;P

desertdroog

The best Superman ever put to film/digital media is still Homelander laser eye beaming drug manufacturers to the Clash's "Rock the Casbah"

Change my mind.

Really comforting to see Welling again.

Hopefully Cavill can keep the cape. Bring back the tone of MoS and you've got another solid film.

Top Bottom