• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First pics of Banjo-Threeie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wizpig

Search'd, found nothing.
Lock if old.

67saxi.jpg

2nao1gz.jpg

edit. [Pics taken from an Italian Forum]

batbeg

I have no idea what's going on and I want it even though I hated the first two games. I love the rolling skyline pixels, and the depth of field (or whatever it's called) looks beautiful.

Want!

Edit: Actually, is that effect just behind the sign to show it's a level off a hub? I hope not, I hate those kinds of things :(

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Why do the "first shots" of a Rare platformer not show any platforming?

Or has that little aspect of BK been removed?

LaneDS

Interesting that they're in a vehicle in both shots.

Looks good though, I think. Need more info & shots!

Ah, so it's a 3rd person, vehicle-based, Twisted Metal-style online shooter.

*Phew*

Yoboman said:
Looks awesome

But man, they really took a leaf out of LBP's book

Not to start anything, but how?

Angelcurio

The graphics style looks ripped off from other game on a competing console that is also being released this year....

pswii60

Are these leaked? Thought we wouldn't be seeing them until Tuesday.

Looks awesome though. Razor-sharp colourful graphics. Just what we need after all the grey and brown so far this gen.

The textures though, they're super-crisp. Impressive.

Whoa. I love the art style. I really have no idea what's going on in the screens though. I can't wait for videos.

slider said:
LBP or not (and yes, it is VERY similar IMO), it still looks good.

what
how
i don't even

Can't wait, most anticipated game of the year and :lol at the LBP comments, nobody ever wants to give Rare any credit for anything.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Looks amazing, but damn, I could never get into the series and have hated everything else Rare has done over the past several years. :\

I like it, but at the same time, where's the damn platforming?

The art direction was WTF at first, but it's growing on me. The graphics are on crack.

derder

Wow, My desire for this game went from -100 -> +100 in two screenshots.

Jesus, that art is amazing. Look at the peeling "sticker" on the wall.

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
The visuals are pretty nice, but it's hard to really take anything from these shots. Banjos design still looks like shit. Seriously what was wrong with the old one. And yeah people are right, *banjo and LBP have similar art styles*

Gowans

Jason's Ultimatum said:
So maybe the gameplay involves building things to complete your objective?

oohh I think you could be on to something there going by what can be seen of the vehicle layouts from the pics.

I'll buy the Banjo games no matter what. I even got that flying game. I just hope they retain the giant open world experience of the previous games.

Blablurn

looks wonderful. hope that its not a vehicle-only game (since they announced banjo threei will be a bit different than previous banjo kazooie games)

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Looks okay :/

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
Guybrush Threepwood said:
The N64 BK games have very little platforming to begin with.
True... I suppose I should have said something along the lines of "3D polygonal running-about adventure" or something, but you got my intended point...

The pic does give me a weird sort of... well... "updated Diddy Kong Racing" feel... I wonder if the vehicles are a heavy part of gameplay, or just used in certain levels/challenges?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom