• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Pokémon Sun and Moon footage to be shown April 3rd

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neoxon

Wait, is this game not going to be on 3DS? Because if that's true, I'll actually pick this up.
Nah, it's headed to the 3DS. Nintendo & The Pokémon Company made that perfectly clear. It's just that some people are grasping at straws for a possible NX Platform port. Granted, it's not impossible. It's just ridiculously unlikely.

Mediking

shaking_head_disgust_keanu_reeves.gif

UPDATE THE THREAD TITLE. THIS IS EMBARRASSING!!!

Nightbird

Heh, I knew what to expect, and I wasn't disappointed!
Expect nothing if you truly don't want to be disappointed by reveals concerning Pokémon.

At least I got a very entertaining half hour from that lol

KingBroly

Banned
Considering they STILL haven't shown gameplay really makes me think they'll say 'hey guys, it's ALSO coming to NX'

Can't really think of much reason to withhold footage otherwise.

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
It was more of a joke. More than 10 means any number above 10.

Well, I mean, in terms of marketing speak, "more than x" typically means the number is pretty close to x. That's why I was wondering if they actually said "more than 10 new Pokémon" on the show as some kind of feature announced. However, if it was just a joke (either on the show or here), then I guess it means basically nothing.

EDIT: It seems like they literally just showed the trailer again and didn't say anything new? I saw Mr-Joker's post. I think I understand now.

Neoxon

Considering they STILL haven't shown gameplay really makes me think they'll say 'hey guys, it's ALSO coming to NX'

Can't really think of much reason to withhold footage otherwise.
This is Game Freak we're talking about, they usually don't take initiative like that. Not to mention that not only was Trev not told about a cross-gen Pokémon "Niji" (Sun/Moon), but the fact that the console is likely coming first.

yami4ct

So what could be their reason for announcing the games but not actually showing anything from them?

Drawn out marketing plan with drip feed information until we get a couple big dumps super close to release. Every Pokemon game has had some sort of variation on that. It just depends on how slow they start that drip.

XenodudeX

This is Game Freak we're talking about, they usually don't take initiative like that. Not to mention that not only was Trev not told about a cross-gen Pokémon "Niji" (Sun/Moon), but the fact that the console is likely coming first.

So...why aren't they showing any footage of this supposedly 2016 game? They had a woldwide Pokemon direct announcing Sun and Moon, and giving it's veiwers no idea what the damn games look like, and then weeks later they show the fucking trailer 3 times in a kids show? And the only news we got out of it was there will be more than 10 new Pokemon, which may or may not been a joke? What are they doing?

Neoxon

Why do people always say this? Nobody even knows what NX is. Pokemon Crystal had a GBA bundle, did that "split the user base"?

51XHWHMW77L._SX300_.jpg
As stated before, 3DS uses friend codes, which were ditched as of the Wii U. And that's just a GBC game played on a GBA via backwards compatibility, which doesn't help your argument.

Tingle

Why do people always say this? Nobody even knows what NX is. Pokemon Crystal had a GBA bundle, did that "split the user base"?
[pic]

That is a really bad example. Crystal didn't come to the Gameboy Advance, the Gameboy Advance was just backwards compatible. Not even remotely similar.

Crayolan

So...why aren't they showing any footage of this supposedly 2016 game? They had a woldwide Pokemon direct announcing Sun and Moon, and giving it's veiwers no idea what the damn games look like, and then weeks later they show the fucking trailer 3 times in a kids show? And the only news we got out of it was there will be more than 10 new Pokemon, which may or may not been a joke? What are they doing?

This is from the company who's last game wasn't even announced yet at this time of year.

I don't think this game is cross gen, but I can see them making an NX counterpart to the game like a shadow Pokemon game. It just seems very strange that there is absolutely no footage of the game unless the game is being rushed or they're hiding something big, although it is gamefreak so...

L95

Basically? Because they don't want to. Gamefreak usually takes their time and is stingy with footage right when mainline games are announced.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom