• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First PS5 system software update out (886MB)

ethomaz

Banned
BTW it was his TV issue... not PS5.

BTW I believe he was lying... there is no way Samsung release a new update 30 minutes after he posted lol

PS. Yeap that is me on twitter... I updated with ethomaz to people knows it is me.

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Huge thanks to all of you who have beta tested it for the rest of us. Your sacrifice has been noted.

giphy.gif

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
Are there patch notes anywhere for this update?

Put those stability updates right in my veins

Edit: Xbots shitposting can gtfo as far as I care. My Xbox One X crashes CONSTANTLY and so did my Xbox One S. Ever after reformats. Games will sit at title screen, won't load, need reinstall, etc.

Meanwhile my PS5 has had FFVIIR on pause in rest mode for months with only occasional game switches and is just dandy.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
This update did nothing for my controller charging issue.

Mine charged my controller in rest mode the first night. But then stopped doing so. The front USB works when the system is on, so it's not a hardware thing.

But I got a DualSense Changing Station last night so I don't need to charge that way anymore.

jaysius

Banned
PS5 gets it's own thread when it gets ONE patch.

Meanwhile Xbox Series X has had a bunch if you choose to be an Insider and test the latest tweaks.

Sony needs to get with it and implement an insider type program.

ManaByte

Gold Member

Meanwhile Xbox Series X has had a bunch if you choose to be an Insider and test the latest tweaks.

I think the difference is MS does a lot of small incremental updates and patches and for the most part you don't notice unless they do a massive UI overhaul.

jaysius

Banned
I think the difference is MS does a lot of small incremental updates and patches and for the most part you don't notice unless they do a massive UI overhaul.

Insider program does more than just system tweaks, it's invites to all kinds of great game betas, and sometimes even in insider updates they add features like DTS:X was added in a insider update and you were able to try it out for weeks for free.

ManaByte

Gold Member
Insider program does more than just system tweaks, it's invites to all kinds of great game betas, and sometimes even in insider updates they add features like DTS:X was added in a insider update and you were able to try it out for weeks for free.

True, but given Sony's track record with released system updates bricking systems (happened during the PS3 right after TLOU's release) I wouldn't trust any sort of insider program from them.

ethomaz

Banned

They have a insider type program... actually this update was tested by Beta testers in which I made per in the past.
That one is the public release.

Last edited:
I confirmed that this update fixed my DualSense charging issue. My controller wouldn’t fully charge, would get stuck on the second bar and die pretty quickly after unplugging. That’s fixed now. Thank goodness.

I was having no issues with my external SSD before, played inFamous for like 10 hours straight off of yesterday (getting the Plat at a locked 60fps is awesome). So J JORMBO I honesty think it’s safe to plug in your external

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

True, but given Sony's track record with released system updates bricking systems (happened during the PS3 right after TLOU's release) I wouldn't trust any sort of insider program from them.
I quit the beta firmware thing because the only beta firmware I tried for Ps4 softbricked my console. I had to send it to Sony and they "downgraded" it to the last official version.

Hairsplash

way to go Sony... make me feel good for (making) me wait until february 2021 (or sooner, (later?) if I see a digital version and have the money)

I just hope we get about 1 patch a week for the next few months. This thing is buggy as hell. I just had a REALLY hard time trying to get the menu to pop up just so I could shut it off. I had to use the physical button to get it to turn off.

Last edited:

OutRun88

Mine charged my controller in rest mode the first night. But then stopped doing so. The front USB works when the system is on, so it's not a hardware thing.

But I got a DualSense Changing Station last night so I don't need to charge that way anymore.
Mine works when it’s on as well so I’m not concerned, and just like you I have a charging station on the way.

Top Bottom