• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshot of new Prince of Persia game?

monome

The God Of War influence if true means they will be focusing on combat, The one part of any game Ubisoft always mess up basically.

Although I understand that Egypt belonged to the Persian empire further into its history, I immensely enjoyed the concept behind PoP 2008 of an eerie Universe It was a love letter to the 1001 nights and a much closer to my taste appreciation of what a PoP game should be both in terms of gameplay and themes. Really wished those were pushed further (not necessarily PoP 2008 v2 but the same conceptual ideas) rather than be ignored and treated like an error.

PoP 2008 to PoP_ZERO_2 shows a total lack of consitency of what the franchise means and gives me no faith in what Ubisoft will want to sell me.

Wonko_C

The Prince is not a'funny' guy. PoP 2008 is the exception to the character not the norm. And if you want a witty, agile guy, there's about a hundred.

Aren't we forgetting about this guy?

SvCtZ.jpg

CronoShot

I'm always down for more Prince of Persia, but this looks strikingly like Assassin's Creed, which is exactly what Prince of Persia shouldn't be.

Wonko_C

an HD version of this game or the original Trilogy will be so awesome!!!!

I loved Prince of Persia 3D on PC back then, sure it has aged badly (and wasn't that hot with critics) but there were some awesome locales. IIRC there was even a city or palace in the sky. The 1 on 1 combat mechanics were interesting with their right-left-center attacks, I would love to see a remake of this game with an improved take on the combat and movement.

Zapages

Update: According to Jordan Mechner that this is not a new PoP Game:

So could this be the new IP that Ubi is working on ie. Shadow of the Colossus meets God of War in a Egyptian setting...

p1Xr4.png

But why the POP Zero 2? Meaning that is reboot.

CamHostage

Give me a remake of this game:

pop2-mac3.png

It's still weird to me that after PoP Classic, there never was a PoP2 Classic release. (Not that the original game needs a HD mastering in order to make it loveable, the original is still clearly gorgeous.) I was under the impression that the HD remake did pretty well?

Like Zapages said, it would also be incredible also if somebody actually went back to PoP 3D and redid it ala Tomb Raider Anniversary. The Dreamcast version of the game is supposedly much better but still suffers from a horrible camera, if they took those original levels and put them under a more modern camera implementation it could be worth playing.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
maybe he meant that in the sense that the new movie reboot "is not star trek"

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I played PoP 2008 yesterday. One of the fastest uninstalls I've ever done on steam, it says 12 minutes played... so here's hoping they take the franchise in an entirely new direction.

Giran

I played PoP 2008 yesterday. One of the fastest uninstalls I've ever done on steam, it says 12 minutes played... so here's hoping they take the franchise in an entirely new direction.

I had a similar experience when it came out but I played a little more. Game was such a disappointment.

It's a beautiful game. Gameplay isn't engaging but at least give it time to show you a couple of locations.

Also, that Ico ending (original one, not extended dlc one)

Lime

If the budget is anything above an one-A title, don't count on the gameplay being any more deeper and open than PoP 2008.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
It's a beautiful game. Gameplay isn't engaging but at least give it time to show you a couple of locations.

Also, that Ico ending (original one, not extended dlc one)

I just couldn't, heck I remember the game looking much better than it did on my screen and I was running it at 3800x2100 resolution and even then it looked weird.

Sadly I've had the ending spoiled to me so many times in different threads and podcasts that there's nothing to be had there.

lololol

Yeah, I got it for like, $5 bucks on Steam sale and I still felt ripped off

At least we have SoT/TTT

Yeah ditto. Sadly SoT doesn't work on my machine for some reason :(

If the budget is anything above an one-A title, don't count on the gameplay being any more deeper and open than PoP 2008.

You know, I've lately come to realize ( not that it's a unique revelation ) that you can apply that to almost any new big budget game because my GOD AAA-games have such subpar gameplay depth generally. I mean it's not even fun anymore, I'm not even an "indie" gamer but lately I've been 10x more attracted to games like FTL or the like than I've been to Far Cry 3, Ass creed 3, zzZZZzz 3 etc. It's bloody sad.

Zapages

To Mods and Admins: Please allow me to make new threads. Its been over 2 years now. I have been a member here since August of 2004.

I don't like to bump old threads. This thread was split by a mod from another old thread.

But anyway, here is some news:

New PoP game is in development and might have Spring 2014 reveal or release.
Another Assassin's Creed game is in development and will release this Fall.

Source is in French: http://www.gamalive.com/actus/15435-prince-of-persia-ubisoft-nouveaux-jeux.htm

OXM UK is saying POP 2014. Also bunch of German sites have reported that same rumor.

monome

To Mods and Admins: Please allow me to make new threads. Its been over 2 years now. I have been a member here since August of 2004.

I don't like to bump old threads. This thread was split by a mod from another old thread.

But anyway, here is some news:

New PoP game is in development and might have Spring 2014 reveal or release.
Another Assassin's Creed game is in development and will release this Fall.

Source is in French: http://www.gamalive.com/actus/15435-prince-of-persia-ubisoft-nouveaux-jeux.htm

OXM UK is saying POP 2014. Also bunch of German sites have reported that same rumor.

more at the source?

Top Bottom