• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First screenshots for Capcom's Breath of Fire 6 [Up: Full Details In OP]

duckroll

http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2013/12/27/73209.html

M3w1GqK.jpg

VqyNifH.jpg

0sXx1gn.jpg

Fe76Lym.jpg

3kqxZhP.jpg

Update:

Any hopes that this will be a more traditional sort of BoF game but on mobile and PC goes right out of the window with the preview.

- No "complex command menus" for combat
- "Fast and intuitive" touch controls
- You create a character and control him in realtime, there are AI-driven party members
- Timing based combo attacks

:(

Goli said:
Inside Games' report has a few tidbits:
-The game will have a deep storyline and a rich world, as you'd expect from a numbered entry.
-The battle system is simple and easy to play since it gets rid of complicated commands, however, the battle system is still very deep.
-The basis of the battle system is using the skills you have along with the ones of your "fellows" (the other AI controlled party members) in quick succession to create combos.
-The terrain you do battle in apparently also factors in your strategy somehow.
-The main character in BoF6 has the "Power of the Dragon", and you can customize it by changing sex, face, hairstyle and such.
-Character growth is different from the previous entries, here the abilities and the "memorized skills" (actually I'm not sure what this is, maybe there's a Master system or something in place? 覚えるスキル) have special traits in them, presumably stat boosts and such.
-Fellows can be either humans, fairies, felines or "grassrunners" (this is how the humans with animal features like Momo have been called in localized BoF games)
-The online component revolves around rebuilding Dragnir Village, which was destroyed by the Schwarz Empire. Each player can rebuild it as s/he sees fits, but there's also a cooperative element to it where you can travel to other players' villages and help them out by intercepting attacking enemies.

Story:
Over a thousand years have passed since the battle of the young boy who held the power of the dragon.

Surviving the desertification of the world, people strongly hope for a new age.
Though they carry a seemingly peaceful life, behind the scenes the Schwarz Empire has been taking over small countries one after another.
The main character living in a small peaceful village is suddenly attacked by the Schwarz Empire, unable to escape...

Schwarz Empire:
Originally a small country located in the northern side of the continent, by using ancient weapons and the Power of the Black Dragon they gained an overwhelming military advantage and conquered many countries in a few years.

Dragnir Village:
One of the remaining villages that follow the "legend/tradition of the dragon" (or something like that)
This is where the main character lives before being destroyed by the Schwarz Empire.

Vice Kingdom:
Dragnir Village's neighbor kingdom, also follows the legend/tradition of the dragon.
At war with the Schwarz Empire.

Early Dawn Forest:
A forest that mysteriously survived the desertification of the world.
The legend says these are the grounds where the dragon resides.

Nina:
A descendant of the people who danced in the heavens.
After the destruction of Windia she set out on a journey.

Peridot:
A girl with gorgeous green hair.
She encountered and helped the wounded main character per chance after coming across Dragnir Village just as it was being attacked.

Ferrio

Banned
...oh god.... a microtransaction laden city builder game... that's brave new territory for mobile games.

edit: fuck you capcom

The wolf character looks cool. About all I can say about these screens.

Excuse me, I have to go shed a tear for the death of one of my favorite series.

duckroll

Any hopes that this will be a more traditional sort of BoF game but on mobile and PC goes right out of the window with the preview.

- You create a character and control him in realtime, there are AI-driven party members

Loudninja

Mannnn that sounds awful.

eliochip

Why call this Breath of Fire? Literally the only people that care about that name are very hardcore fans, not random people looking to fill their smartphone with anime game apps

It's like out of no where saying "fuck you, remaining BoF fans"

This is the first time I'm even seeing this game. I thought BoF was done a long time ago

Fu capcom..
Fu for ruining another ip..
Fu for ruining One jrpg serie that at least you abandoned with One last great game..
Fu for another worthless microtransaction game..
Fu for destroying One of my childhood rpg serie..

UberTag

There will be dragons in this game at least, right?
They are the cornerstone of the Breath of Fire franchise, after all.

What the fuck? So there's literally nothing to do with Breath of Fire aside from the name?

Are they just trying to trick people with the name or something? Jesus christ.

Revengineer

Unconfirmed Member
And then, they will declare that Breath of Fire does not work anymore as a series because of poor sales and it will be buried beneath FFXIII-XIII

Aside from some neat character designs, this feels like a whole and complete waste of an entry to the BoF series...and the only city building system I've been able to stomach was Georama (Dark Cloud/WKC), so I'm expecting mobilized timesink.

Fireblend

Banned
Couldn't they have at least not called it VI? I'm not a huge BoF fan, but this looks like a huge fuck you to BoF followers.

Amon-Lau

Ugh, I knew it was gonna be horrible when I saw the title yet I had to click and see the horror...

Oh BoF, what have they done to you... ;___;

Chobel

Matrix+-+Not+Like+This.gif

Fuck you Capcom

Top Bottom