• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots From Assassins Creed 3 Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

rataven

Now.

wfuNq.jpg

Heh, the rumors about the trees were true.

Love it.

Kacho

Not sure I understand the excitement over some dolled up screenshots. It ain't gonna be looking like that when you're playing it.

I'm also curious to see just how similar this is in general compared to the past 4 games. Keeping my expectations firmly in check until I see something real.

Khezu

How is he going to blend into the surroundings with a costume like that? It looks nothing like anything from that period

Does look lovely though, even for bullshots

Lay in piles of snow.

Hopefully you can change your outfit though, kinda like MGS, so you can blend into different areas better.

Also yes, getting a large RDR vibe, hope they took a lot of inspiration from it.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Climbing trees, possibly hiding in snow?
If there are some proper stealth elements in this and not the kinda lame ones in previous titles I will be all over this like a bad rash.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
allgamesbeta will get their asses kicked
again.

Bollocks

HOLY SHIT!
Those screenshots give me a Read Dead Redemption vibe of awesomeness, the setting, the AC gameplay, DAY0
The last time I was that excited about a setting was with Bioshock.

ironcreed

Banned
Okay, this is looking better than I even imagined or was hoping for... bullshots or not. Give me this, even with same level of visual fidelity as in ACII, and I will be in heaven.

wfuNq.jpg

Looks great (asside from the hood)
I do hope it's a big step up from brotherhood. I'm playing that now abd certain parts just feel cheap (especially the modern parts are horrible)

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
wow! hated AC1, never bothered with any of the others, despite hearing they were much improved, but i WILL get this. that forest looks incredible and the setting is fantastic and rarely used in gaming. hot damn.

Strike

Looks real good. I'm glad I took a break from this franchise (after II) so I wouldn't get burnt out. Now I'm eager again.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
though, i must admit, the main characters design needs some work. does not fit in at all

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Since when are people complaining about asscreed hoods? nobody said a thing about Altair or Ezio's hood. It doesn't look that much different to me.

Keep in mind, this is looking like it will be a Wii U title as well, these cooould be from the Wii U /PC versions of the game. They look fantastic.

atomsk

Party Pooper
Is it just me or is the dog hovering in mid-air?

zfRML.jpg

HOVERDOG

the longer I stare at it the more out of place it looks

Khezu

Looks like plastic, but I guess the Assassin's Creed story would make more sense if it was acted out by action figures. Without some massive overhaul to the way the game works these environments don't seem like they'd work well at all.

There "rethinking every element of the franchise from the ground up". If there really going for this kind of setting, I would imagine some major overhauls of how the game plays, especially when it comes to stealth, and awesome tree climbing.

FreeMufasa

Fucking hell, those shots look great and I'm not even a fan of the series. I did say before Victorian England, French revolution or the American revolution is something i'd like to say.

I think i'll finally finish off my AC1 file and try out 2. I remember hearing a lot of people liking the 2nd so i'm hopeful =)

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I think these images are from GI scans. The first pic has a black border on the right. But looks fantastic, though. Really hyped for this game now.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Not sure I understand the excitement over some dolled up screenshots. It ain't gonna be looking like that when you're playing it.

I'm also curious to see just how similar this is in general compared to the past 4 games. Keeping my expectations firmly in check until I see something real.
Assassin's Creed is a good looking series, it won't look like bullshots but there's little doubt that the final game will look great regardless. The AC team is huge, they have the resources to just leave people messing around with models and small details. What's more exciting about these screens are the new gameplay hints though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom