• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Screenshots From Assassins Creed 3 Leak

Status
Not open for further replies.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
There's another shot out with the main character fighting off a few redcoats who have guns pointed at him. It's pretty dumb I guess, I'd post it but it's clearly a scan, as I'd imagine the rest of these shots are.

RiZ III

Visually, I have always love the AC series, but I found the gameplay to always be lacking.

Maybe this time...Maybe this time Ubi can get it right and make me believe!

You must have only played the first one.

Although this looks cool, it's sad to see it set so much further in the future than the previous games. I'm going to miss the middle ages :(

From the other thread. Thanks to rockman zx

I'm glad i missed it, bitching about his hood is just ridiculous.

No, it looks out of place in this time and place. Not A hood, but THIS hood-design. Not groundbreaking ofcourse but art direction wise i think it's a weird decision.

Ubisoft,

990b15a6-4552-479e-ad2a-a3947175570a.jpg

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
The game runs on a brand new version of the Anvil tech engine. The core engineering team started developing it as soon as they finished AC2. Looks like Ubi is going all out with the game.

Lot of nice info from GI.

demolitio

To be fair camouflage back in the day was considered cowardly or something, that's why they all dressed in bright coloured uniforms.

Which is why I think it'd be awesome if Francis Marion is an ally in this game. He took the Native American's strategies and applied them to the conventional war and the assassin would fit right in with them, especially after seeing these wooded area pics (that we expected) because that's exactly how Marion would have attacked them there. Hell, the one picture reminds me of The Patriot hiding behind a tree waiting to strike a convoy.

But as far as the comment that the coat's a different color in the pic, it might just be muddy or the usual ability to dye clothing just like previous AC games so nothing new there from what we know.

BeesEight

Played the first one and enjoyed it for what it was. I own the second thanks to the Steam Christmas stocking giveaway but haven't gotten around to opening it because of Ubisoft's PC DRM policies and a general lack of interest in the series.

I do have to say, the protagonist looks absolutely ridiculous in this setting. They were pushing the cowl in the previous games but now it's full out incongruity here.

I'll help you figure it out.

What is more marketable and just overall more interesting? The French and Indian Wars? Or the war that made America?

More interesting? French and Indian wars. I have to say, for me, the American Revolution is just about as drab a setting as you can get. But, then again, I have no patriotic feelings towards the event and it's less interesting than other conflicts because of its saturation in other media.

wow! hated AC1, never bothered with any of the others, despite hearing they were much improved, but i WILL get this. that forest looks incredible and the setting is fantastic and rarely used in gaming. hot damn.

The idea of the gameplay from the first being applied to a wilderness setting does interest me. However, I felt part of the whole Assassin's Creed shtick was the 'social stealth' mechanic (at least that's what they were pushing really hard in the first game, don't know if it carried into the later ones). This guy looks like he belongs as much as a pink elephant at a horse racing convention.

Since when are people complaining about asscreed hoods? nobody said a thing about Altair or Ezio's hood. It doesn't look that much different to me.

That's the problem.

Can't speak for Ezio, but at least Altair's costume fit more with the representation of the clothes in that game. It was a sort of mesh between the Templar invaders and Arabic inhabitants of the region that at least gave the impression Altair could pass as one or the other irregardless of the city he prowled.

This? It looks like someone is trying desperately to transplant that iconic image amongst the blues and reds of colonial and British militants. And there is zero elements of it blending in with any native imagery to even try and compensate for the rumours of his mixed heritage.

Petrichor

The last two shots in the OP. My god. The atmosphere.

That's it, I'm converted. (And this is probably my most anticipated game this year!)

MYE

Maybe it would look less "out of place" with more blue, brown and red in it?

Onx90.jpg

Not that i have any problem with how it looks now.

Khezu

Oh snap, the article confirms there completely revamping how stealth and combat works. Hope it turns out good.

Also bears.

Haters are going to hate but I am VERY ready for this. It looks to be as large as a change as AC1 to AC2. People can complain about his outfit but it is probably the most iconic part of the series next to the hidden blade and they wouldn't dare alter it too much. Also, it doesn't really seem any more out of place as the other AC games. Hell, in the snow covered wilderness his outfit seems to excel. If they throw in wild bears and wolves then I will be just as happy as ever. That was one of my favorite mechanics of Read Dead Redemption.

Also, to the people that think the assassin will just be killing British soldiers, I highly doubt that. There are enough conspiracy stores of the era to allow for assassinations on every type of person, regardless of origin.

DaBuddaDa

Are people forgetting in all Assassin's Creed games there have been dozens upon dozens of dress up options you can collect? I'm sure there will be a wide variety of colors and styles to choose from.

Kinyou

Classic Ubisoft bullshots but I really like it.

Seeing those pics also made me realize how incredible underused the setting is.

Still not really up with the character design though, overall it looks almost like Ezio time traveled and equipped himself with the current weapons. I hope they changed some of the animations this time around.

megalowho

This is pretty much the tone and look I had swirling around in my head as soon as the American Revolution rumors popped up. Really exciting, even if they are bullshots. Cannot wait to play around in this world.

BeesEight

That is getting exactly at what I said. The cowl still looks silly and I'd prefer if the uniform tried to incorporate more elements of the different 'factions' that will be fighting in the game though.

Tex117

Banned
Yeah, I always found the combat to be too clunky. The stealth to be a little too...I don't know...heavy...

Artistically, conceptually and musically Im a huge fan...but where the rubber meets the road...the gameplay never clicked for me.

rvy

Banned
I was kinda hoping that by the time we got to III, Desmond would have become the protagonist and we'd be fighting Abstergo. Guess not.

Assassin's Creed: Revelations
November 15, 2011

Assassin's Creed III
October 30, 2012

Yeah... I don't think I'm going to get this.

S0N0S

In AC tradition, these are obviously PC bullshits, but I like the new possibilities the forests will bring.

Vasili2K38

For now it seems that we are going to have major gameplay changes (main outdoors gameplay, with everything that implies). Hype to the roof!

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
This? It looks like someone is trying desperately to transplant that iconic image amongst the blues and reds of colonial and British militants. And there is zero elements of it blending in with any native imagery to even try and compensate for the rumours of his mixed heritage.

yeah, looks silly. especially if he'll be trying to blend in. its really kind of a minor complaint, for me at least, and i'm sure i wont even think about it after playing for a while

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
oh look, weather affects, tree climbing, and hunting. where have we heard that before. huh.

ironcreed

Banned
Oh snap, the article confirms there completely revamping how stealth and combat works. Hope it turns out good.

Also bears.

Yeah, based on what we are hearing and seeing, it could not possibly be turning out better for me. I am going to of course wait until I see it in action before going completely nuts, but it is most definitely hitting all the right notes of change so far to get my interest in the series completely renewed. So much for my early skepticism.

Einbroch

Banned
They need to make Connor more stealthy and squishy. Being in combat should not be the norm. It should be a "oh shit, I'm boned" deal. Not so that you're defenseless, but combat in AC games is too easy and stealth kills are kinda pointless.

oh look, weather affects, tree climbing, and hunting. where have we heard that before. huh.

Look, Assassin's Creed and Red Dead Redemption got really drunk one night, things happened, and they don't talk to each other much anymore.

However, the end result is this beautiful baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom