• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First teaser for "Kickboxer" reboot (Van Damme, Dave Bautista, Gina Carano)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kris.

Banned
Not sure about this Bautista fellow. He is a wrestler?

Yeah, he used to be a pro wrestler but he's gotten into acting. Dude is amazing. Don't worry about him.

Holly Holm's figurine is not very flattering.

dead2.gif

Ridley327

Tong Po >>> Chong Li

hsZ52Eb.gif

I loved Chong Li's charisma (and it helps that Bolo Yeung was in such amazing shape, too), but Tong Po looks like he could rip you in half at any moment and he wouldn't even give a shit. The movie didn't need to do as much work as they did to make him evil and intimidating: just one look at the guy and you're already sweating in panic.

ironcreed

Banned
Does anyone here watch Lionfight Muay Thai kickboxing? Talk about brutal. I actually find it to be more exciting than MMA.

SJRB

Gold Member
Tong Po >>> Chong Li

hsZ52Eb.gif

Bloodsport is such a freaking brilliant movie. Simple but so super effective.

I love the scene that follows when Kurt goes to his brother and is like "eh... this might be a bad idea bro" and his brother is horribly cliche, completely ignoring the warning in an arrogant "I'm gonna kick this guy's ass" fashion. "Yeah yeah kicking a concrete pilar, whatever", lol.

Perfect setup for revenge, perfect training sequence, perfect finale.

Not Bloodsport-tier though, but mighty awesome nontheless.

Tangeroo

The original movie is on Netflix. While watching it again, I can't help but notice... why did movies of this era rely almost entirely on ADR? It's not like the dubbed lines are performed particularly well.

Ridley327

The original movie is on Netflix. While watching it again, I can't help but notice... why did movies of this era rely almost entirely on ADR? It's not like the dubbed lines are performed particularly well.

Probably not enough money for on-set audio equipment. A lot of those productions cut costs like that to be able to get shooting done quickly.

TTG

I don't know why, but I was smiling by the end of that. Maybe it's because the "JCVD" movie was fun or it's seeing Gina make the same face that seemingly made her famous in gifs all those years ago. I don't know, I don't want to denigrate it yet.

strafer

Btw, what was the name of that collection of cool action movie music from the 80's? I remember someone making a thread about it a long time ago but can't remember the name.

It was something blood.

Ridley327

Btw, what was the name of that collection of cool action movie music from the 80's? I remember someone making a thread about it a long time ago but can't remember the name.

It was something blood.

Those would be the Blood Bros. mixtapes. I think there's a total of three.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom