• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Toki Tori 2 Trailer (WiiU/Steam)

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Lock if already posted.

Debut Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9C4WFDPnH-Y&feature=player_embedded

WiiU exclusive Feature ? Tokidex:

The Tokidex feature allows you to scan the area around Toki Tori for creatures and objects by using the Wii U Gamepad as a virtual camera with a viewfinder. Any creatures photographed will be added to the Tokidex. It’s quite fun to do, especially with creatures that move quite a bit!

http://twotribes.com/message/toki-tori-2-update-27

First one was great on WiiWare.

Its a unique platform puzzle game where you basically have to get through a course and build your way to eggs you have to collect. With more and more abilities you get (Build a brige, switch blocks, etc...) it will get trickier and trickier. First one was very entertaining!

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I'll probably pick this up on release if it's less than $10, which I expect it to be.

I'd be nice if they could include the first one or something from WiiWare, or at least put in a code or something if you buy the sequel to download it on WiiWare or on the Wii U eShop.

I dunno. :p

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The Wii U is a blessing in the sense that colorful games like this one, Scribblenauts, etc. will get more far more exposure and acceptance than on the PS360.

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
Loved all Tokis so far, will love this one too.

flowsnake

TomorrowCorporations (World Of Goo makers) game "Little Inferno" is also Wii U/PC only

I didn't know about this game. :eek: I kept checking if 2DBoy was making another game because I really like World of Goo. They should have pointed to the new site or something...

TomorrowCorporation is just 3 guys...

Yet they make a Wii U version and a PC version simultaniously.

Nintendo/Wii U must offer something that really attracts the indys!

TomorrowCorporation is just 3 guys...

Yet they make a Wii U version and a PC version simultaniously.

Nintendo/Wii U must offer something that really attracts the indys!

Probably a competent licensing and fee structure. There have been a lot of complaints about WiiWare and other platforms on the consoles that I think Nintendo has made a lot of improvements to address them.

I think one of the biggest ones is there is no longer a sales threshold you have to reach before you get paid for each game sold.

Salsa

looks like Toki Tori

I hope you can move the camara, dont like how its way closer than the first game

Orayn

Looks cool! I remember reading a review of the first game in Nintendo Power, and I'm glad these guys are still around and making games.

IIRC, this is a significant departure from the original in that there's no inventory at all and that the puzzles are now completely built around interaction with the environment and the creatures therein. Looks pretty good.

m.i.s.

Banned
Must've expended a good 40 hours on the WiiWare version (including all the bonus stages bar except two or three which I've yet to complete). One of my favourite games on WiiWare. And it cost only £7.

Davey Cakes

I never finished the WiiWare one, but it was fun while I was into it. Sequel looks great.

Also, I approve of "WiiU/Steam." A great combination. Even the Wii itself and PC seemed to go hand-in-hand because of the easy translations between IR- and mouse-centric gameplay.

Glass Rebel

I own both the WiiWare and Steam versions. My brother owns it on Android. We have finished neither :lol

The artstyle looks slightly different (imo better) and it seems to be more of a side-scroller. Maybe it's just the trailer though, we'll see.

JoeInky

Looks great.

Was it just me, or do those crabs remind you of this guy?

558.png

Toki Tori was one of my favorite WiiWare games and I actually rebought it on Steam as well. Looking forward to the sequel like whoa!

Top Bottom