• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Toki Tori 2 Trailer (WiiU/Steam)

flippedb

Banned
d4b42b3d751c46b397c3d3d.png

Weaker than current-gen confirmed

Game looks cool. Might buy depending on price.

Shiggy

Is anyone but me actually playing this game at the moment? It doesn't really click with me. I absolutely loved the Toki Tori WiiWare/Steam/Android game, but the gameplay in this one feels a bit weird. Of course, there are no real levels yet from what I see, so that might change my impressions in future. I'd better wait until there are real puzzles.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
It sort of looks to me like something the worlds most advanced AI would create if told to make "platform puzzle videogame".

Hiltz

A certain banned site is doing a summary of the live tweet:

updated

final game size will be somewhere in the 300mb range
- Wii U can do '1080p without breaking a sweat'
- Wii U version might have some form of achievements
- devs say working on Wii U is, 'Much easier than Wii. Lots of options!'
- devs also said they found it easier than expected to work on Wii U
- they were attracted to the Wii U by the Nintendo audience
- no decision yet made for Miiverse interactivity
- Wii U has camera controls for Tokidex
- As far as the name goes, 'Just "Toki Tori 2" is most likely'
- May feature secret levels with a graphical style close to the GBC game
- game will 'hopefully' be ready for Wii U launch
- no plans for a 3DS version yet
- no unlockable characters
- finding all the in-game collectibles will get you 'something cool'
- reconfirmed as download title for Wii U
- considering leaderboards
- some levels are designed for vertical play, but all are 2D
- team's favorite new mechanic is 'Whistle & Stomp mechanic definitely. Simpler yet deeper!'
- no online multiplayer
- when asked if Nintendo is making things easier for indie devs on the Wii U, Two Tribes said, "We're happy with how things are going!"
- When asked if the Wii U GamePad's touch screen will be used for gameplay, Two Tribes said, "Possibly, but not as main control method."
- no DLC planned
- dev team has been working with Wii U for 'a few months'
-decision to bring the game to Wii U was made because of 'Nintendo fans, better shop experience and new controller!'
- no plans to support Wiimote, Wii U Pro Controller
- on difficulty when compared to the first game: More people should be able to complete it. Hard puzzles optional.
devs were inspired by 'Nature! How everything works together!'
- roughly 30% of the game's puzzles are hard ones
- would like to do more titles on Wii U
- On 60 FPS: I would be very disappointed if it wasn't, but no guarantee until it's done.
- 'time will tell' as far as fixes/updates/patches go

A certain banned site is doing a summary of the live tweet:

final game size will be somewhere in the 300mb range
- Wii U can do '1080p without breaking a sweat'
- Wii U version might have some form of achievements
- devs say working on Wii U is, 'Much easier than Wii. Lots of options!'
- devs also said they found it easier than expected to work on Wii U
- they were attracted to the Wii U by the Nintendo audience
- no decision yet made for Miiverse interactivity
- Wii U has camera controls for Tokidex
- As far as the name goes, 'Just "Toki Tori 2" is most likely'
- May feature secret levels with a graphical style close to the GBC game
- game will 'hopefully' be ready for Wii U launch
- no plans for a 3DS version yet
- no unlockable characters
- finding all the in-game collectibles will get you 'something cool'
- reconfirmed as download title for Wii U
- considering leaderboards
- some levels are designed for vertical play, but all are 2D
- team's favorite new mechanic is 'Whistle & Stomp mechanic definitely. Simpler yet deeper!'
- no online multiplayer
- when asked if Nintendo is making things easier for indie devs on the Wii U, Two Tribes said, "We're happy with how things are going!"
- When asked if the Wii U GamePad's touch screen will be used for gameplay, Two Tribes said, "Possibly, but not as main control method."
- no DLC planned
- dev team has been working with Wii U for 'a few months'

when listed like that it sounds strange

sure Wii U will not break a sweat with a 2D Tori game at 1080P but try that with AC3 or something... so the way that site is phrasing things makes it sound a bit off - too general

Hiltz

when listed like that it sounds strange

sure Wii U will not break a sweat with a 2D Tori game at 1080P but try that with AC3 or something... so the way that site is phrasing things makes it sound a bit off - too general

Well, I believe the developer has not worked on Xbox 360 or PS3 before so its experience was limited to Wii.

Aostia

El Capitan Todd
the first one I played on the wiiware was really funny
I'm looking forward for this episode on the wii u. interesting to have the chance to play tv-free for games like this!

axisofweevils

Holy crap! Today's real megaton is that more than two people can have the same first name.
They're not tweeting every answer publicly, you have to go to their timeline to see everything

Akey

Banned
Wasn't they hinting in the past that steam cloud saves could carry over to wii u?

edit: nm see where they said no. So much for that

Erethian

Probably a competent licensing and fee structure. There have been a lot of complaints about WiiWare and other platforms on the consoles that I think Nintendo has made a lot of improvements to address them.

I think one of the biggest ones is there is no longer a sales threshold you have to reach before you get paid for each game sold.

There's also a rumour going around that Nintendo lowered the cut they take on each sale, below that of their competitors. Which would be pretty tempting.

Nicktals

Banned
Looks cool. Reminds me of two unrelated things though:

1. Think we'll get another Lost Winds for Wii U? Loved the first two. What's that studio up to?

2. Can someone help me think of the name of a really good Wii Ware game...It involved floating, I think it had something to do with the name Icarus...it was a really interesting game, but I really can't remember much about it.

Davey Cakes

2. Can someone help me think of the name of a really good Wii Ware game...It involved floating, I think it had something to do with the name Icarus...it was a really interesting game, but I really can't remember much about it.
Are you thinking of NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits? That was originally called "Icarian."

Top Bottom