• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Trailer for Black Widow

brap

Banned
God damn yes, please, all over my face.

tWaOlhh.png

sol_bad

I really like the music in the trailer. Taskmaster and Red Guardian look great. Even if this was't a Marvel movie it looks like it would be a great spy style film.
But with it being Marvel, I'm very curious to see what the story is about and why Natasha has to go home.

hmmm .....isn't this suppose to be a prequel? before she joined Shield? why are they going in this direction/style?? .....I was expecting/I had hope they went with espionage/cold war spy direction

-Arcadia-

Banned
I hope this leans towards being one of the more memorable, fun Marvel films, like Winter Soldier (some of the same tone would be great), or Doctor Strange. Also that their recent lean towards horrid, beat-you-over-the-head identity politics doesn’t infect the movie or promotion.

I actually quite liked that trailer. It’s amazing she hadn’t gotten a solo movie yet, pretty much being one of the best characters since the beginning.

GreyHorace

They better have a damn good explanation of how she's still alive. The trailer makes it look like it's after Endgame.

Other than that, I look forward to it. Always been a big fan of ScarJo, and Natasha was one of my fave characters in the MCU. Good that she finally gets her own film to shine.

I have dated a few russian girls and can pick up on the accent right away. Whoever is playing Elena is doing a decent job with it. ScarJo has no accent and never had it, which kinda sucks. I have been told her russian is pretty terrible too.

I'm not enthused for this movie at all, but I enjoyed the trailer. I will watch it OW because I'm too much into the MCU lore. Also want to see Taskmaster. I am not liking his design so far.

b28e3d4dc7f60b9bd92174924cf062e9afa9891c.gif

Last edited:
They better have a damn good explanation of how she's still alive. The trailer makes it look like it's after Endgame.

Other than that, I look forward to it. Always been a big fan of ScarJo, and Natasha was one of my fave characters in the MCU. Good that she finally gets her own film to shine.
Yeah I get the same vibe, some of the trailer seems post Endgame, but might be hard considering ScarJo is older now.

I do like the outfits. As the risk is low considering this is primarily a prequel I'm not sure if the story will be enticing at all.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
Will redbox this eventually. Not sure the logic behind having a character kill herself onscreen before she gets a solo movie. They wasted the character in the main series so I have low hopes for this. Scarjo’s leather clad booty only reason to see this (not a bad one either).

Looks awesome, and my wife is giddy with excitement.

It's just so fucking stupid that Marvel killed her off in such a dumb, pointless manner

This took me from not interested to an I’ll watch.

Most Marvel trailers get me. Except Captain Marvel.

Typhares

Can't say I'm excited for this, I was never too interested in the character in any of the previous movies.
My only hope was that they would play this with a more darker tone for a new style of marvel movie but it doesn't seem to be the case.

#Phonepunk#

Banned
"I used to be nothing, then I got this job" ugh i hate that line.

some of that top down corporate brainwashing.

Last edited:
So it's like Bourne but with silly costumes.
I like ScarJo but this movie looks like something that's been done a thousand times before.

Fbh

Looks OK.
But the events of endgame sort of lower the excitement and make it feel like this is coming out a few years too late

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
I wonder what timeline this is in... It LOOKS like it's after Endgame but at the same time, Thunderbolt Ross is de-aged in that one scene. We've never seen her with a braid except in Endgame... So... I have no idea.

I'm looking forward to seeing this!

Stitch

Gold Member
I wonder what timeline this is in... It LOOKS like it's after Endgame but at the same time, Thunderbolt Ross is de-aged in that one scene. We've never seen her with a braid except in Endgame... So... I have no idea.

I'm looking forward to seeing this!
Takes place between Civil War and Infinity War

Stitch

Gold Member
So why is Ross de-aged? He looked the same in Civil War and Endgame.
Maybe that Ross scene takes place earlier? Marvel trailers never make much sense anyways. Sometimes they put stuff in the trailers that isn't even in the movies, like Hulk in Infinity War...

Top Bottom