• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First Trailer for Black Widow

ManaByte

Maybe that Ross scene takes place earlier? Marvel trailers never make much sense anyways. Sometimes they put stuff in the trailers that isn't even in the movies, like Hulk in Infinity War...

The Hulk breakout of the Hulkbuster scene was in Infinity War all up through editing and changed during reshoots. That’s why there were toys made of it.

iconmaster

Banned
I was afraid we'd only be getting old sweatpants Natasha based on the set photos. But no, she looks good.

The fight scenes seem suitably brutal. The gunfight during a total freefall is ridiculous but I guess you have to make allowances for the genre.

I wonder what timeline this is in... It LOOKS like it's after Endgame but at the same time, Thunderbolt Ross is de-aged in that one scene. We've never seen her with a braid except in Endgame... So... I have no idea.

My impression was that the timeline jumps all over the place. It's pre-Avengers and post-Endgame. I'm a dork. See below.

Assuming it reviews at all decently, I think this'll be theater-worthy for me.

Last edited:

kunonabi

Looks extremely generic. Im kind of over the MCU version of Widow to be honest and I'm super pissed we still arent getting short hair Widow. And as amazing an actress as Florence Pugh is I have zero interest in setting her up to take over.

ManaByte

I was afraid we'd only be getting old sweatpants Natasha based on the set photos. But no, she looks good.

The fight scenes seem suitably brutal. The gunfight during a total freefall is ridiculous but I guess you have to make allowances for the genre.

My impression was that the timeline jumps all over the place. It's pre-Avengers and post-Endgame.

Assuming it reviews at all decently, I think this'll be theater-worthy for me.

It's not post Endgame. She's dead. It's before Iron Man and between Civil War and Infinity War.

hmmmm

I guess I’m into it

I dunno if I just like everything Marvel by default or if I actually think it looks good. I’m in for the chick from Midsommar

also I thnk future trailers should be posted here. I don’t think every trailer or clip for every AAA movie needs a unique thread. Just my opinion

Last edited:
Ah they're introducing her replacements. =P

Seriously though, doesn't look bad or anything but...eh, think I'm mostly done with the MCU at this point, save for certain select films. This doesn't appear like it will be one of those though.

thequestion

I have dated a few russian girls and can pick up on the accent right away. Whoever is playing Elena is doing a decent job with it. ScarJo has no accent and never had it, which kinda sucks. I have been told her russian is pretty terrible too.

I'm not enthused for this movie at all, but I enjoyed the trailer. I will watch it OW because I'm too much into the MCU lore. Also want to see Taskmaster. I am not liking his design so far.

b28e3d4dc7f60b9bd92174924cf062e9afa9891c.gif

Reskinned crossbones. Lazy af.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Is anyone supposed to fear Black Widow? Awesome character but I damn well won't be afraid of the Black Widow, awesome character.

kunonabi

Calling it, Taskmaster is a woman and this film will make less money than Spiderman because people are burned out.

I think Taskmaster is a black guy in this. Making less than Spidey is pretty much expected regardless of people being burnt out or not.

As much as the movie doesn't interest me I expect it to do fine as long as the general audience doesn't mind the weird time period they chose to set it in.

sol_bad

Calling it, Taskmaster is a woman and this film will make less money than Spiderman because people are burned out.

I've been thinking that Taskmaster would be a woman from the get go. Whether it makes more or less than Far From Home is hard to say, it's still hitting a billion for sure either way

Also, just splodging my load again to say I really love the music in this trailer and I love her white suit.

Moneal

I have dated a few russian girls and can pick up on the accent right away. Whoever is playing Elena is doing a decent job with it. ScarJo has no accent and never had it, which kinda sucks. I have been told her russian is pretty terrible too.

I'm not enthused for this movie at all, but I enjoyed the trailer. I will watch it OW because I'm too much into the MCU lore. Also want to see Taskmaster. I am not liking his design so far.

That looks like some Cobra shit from the 2 shitty GI Joe movies.

Looks good. Might not be there opening night but I'll probably still see this in theaters.

Is this the start of Phase 4 or whatever? Or just it's own thing?

sol_bad

That looks like some Cobra shit from the 2 shitty GI Joe movies.

Taskmaster in comics.
dDLrecf.jpg
VtP76Gy.png

Taskmaster in PS4 Spider-Man game

oXDBLeF.png

IMO, I think his design works well within the MCU and he still has his hood in the movie, he just isn't wearing it in the scenes we see.

McCheese

Task Master looks way better than the original, it's been a while since I've owned a PC and pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del, but glad they ditched the green bar charts which would never have worked in a live-action film.

Is it wrong I find David Harbours stupid crazy Russian character far more interesting than the entire remaining cast combined?

Last edited:

this is hopefully taskmaster early in the game, being a bit more sporty

then maybe later he gears up for a more serious event

maxresdefault.jpg

sol_bad

I really hope he gets the sword in the film. I'll be disappointed if he doesn't.

HAH
If the fight choreography is good and it's shot well, I probably won't actually care if he doesn't get his sword.

kunonabi

Eh
Task Master looks way better than the original, it's been a while since I've owned a PC and pressed Ctrl+Alt+Del, but glad they ditched the green bar charts which would never have worked in a live-action film.

Is it wrong I find David Harbours stupid crazy Russian character far more interesting than the entire remaining cast combined?

I'm actually kind of tired of him doing that sort of shtick personally.

Taskmaster looks boring and bland as shit to me personally.

John Day

I know many, many, many asked for this, but i can’t help but feel sorry for the staff right now.

Cause i know this ain’t gonna satisfy the nerd fanbase that asked for this.

trikster40

I’m not supposed to want to watch this because i’m a man, right? It’s because men won’t watch movies with female leads?

Sorry, Charlie(‘s Angels), but this movie actually looks really good. It’s got my money!

Ulysses 31

I’m not supposed to want to watch this because i’m a man, right? It’s because men won’t watch movies with female leads?

Sorry, Charlie(‘s Angels), but this movie actually looks really good. It’s got my money!
It's the other way around, if the movie underperforms it will be because of men not watching because they hate women.

Silent Duck

For some reason, David Harbour’s character reminds me of Love Sausage from “The Boys”?

fyTuiJi.jpg

They’re both goofy, fat, old and bearded Russian superheroes.

sol_bad

Oh I'm sure if Scarlet says something silly in an interview there would be pitchforks. I can guarantee that.

iconmaster

Banned
Calling it, Taskmaster is a woman

Probably another Widow. That way he can “mirror” ScarJo’s fighting style without the goofy photographic reflexes conceit.

I just don’t think that power can be introduced in a way audiences will understand or find intriguing.

kunonabi

Probably another Widow. That way he can “mirror” ScarJo’s fighting style without the goofy photographic reflexes conceit.

I just don’t think that power can be introduced in a way audiences will understand or find intriguing.

Just call it photographic muscle memory and people will get the idea.

Raziel

it does look kinda grimey low budget TV style. im not that into that stuff. i might redbox this one day. i still need to see Ghost in the Shell.

give me og shiny glossy hi budget sexy BW.

91YaON0os8L._SY679_.jpg

scarjo has basically never looked as long/lithe as she does in this weirdly photoshopped pic, including the movie this poster is advertising. first with her and now florence pugh, they keep casting women that look the same height as kevin hart.

Last edited:

Cravis

Not really feeling it. Totally burnt out on MCU films. This looks derivative of every other spy film. Hell, I half expected Jason Bourne to show up when they were fighting in the kitchen.

That David Harbour, though..... Give me an entire movie with his character and I’ll be there day one.

Grinchy

Banned
I guess it looks ok. They kinda lost me after Endgame. Not because it was bad, but just because I feel done with it all. I kinda just don't care for more Black Widow.

Top Bottom