• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

First well somewhat leaked realtime footage of upcoming Prince of Persia [Next Gen]

Tim-E

1zbumux.jpg

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
First well somewhat leaked gameplay of upcoming Prince of Persia [Next Gen]

Ignoring the fact that this is in dire need of punctuation, I wasn't aware that Ubisoft had announced a new Prince of Persia for the PS4, 720, and Wii 2.

Darklord

Banned
That was pretty pointless. I'd rather a HQ screenshot of that rather than a very LQ video of a camera rotating.

Zapages

Andrex said:
Ignoring the fact that this is in dire need of punctuation, I wasn't aware that Ubisoft had announced a new Prince of Persia for the PS4, 720, and Wii 2.

Yeah I know... Me = tired of working 10 hours today at work so give me some slack... Thanks. :)

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Wow!!! All you do is stand there!!!!! And the AI partner just stands there too!!!!! What dumb AI!!!!!!! And the camera just spazzes out randomly!!!! God this game is so bad cancel this!!!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Salazar

rhfb said:
More platforming/puzzles and less fighting please

Well, the more open levels should give you more of a choice in this regard. I don't really know what I want - I just expect it all to be good.

Y2Kev said:
Wow!!! All you do is stand there!!!!! And the AI partner just stands there too!!!!! What dumb AI!!!!!!! And the camera just spazzes out randomly!!!! God this game is so bad cancel this!!!

I'm calling it now, feminist groups are gonna be hating on this game since the female AI character only copies exactly what the man does. He stops, she stops. He jumps, she jumps.

Salazar

Linkzg said:
I'm calling it now, feminist groups are gonna be hating on this game since the female AI character only copies exactly what the man does. He stops, she stops. He jumps, she jumps.

Good thing nobody sane could hate Ico.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Y2Kev said:

Those animations are terrible... because there are none. I hope this isn't coming out this year, it looks like it needs a lot of polish.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i really hope devs start realizing that 90% of the time when people ooh and ahh over graphic styles that are timeless it somehow involves cel-shading or toon-style art. i want more of it. if the new zelda isn't cel-shaded i have my hand pre-cocked for a nice hearty face slap--if ubisoft can figure this out and nintendo can't, just. . . ugh

Abso-frakking-lutely amazing looking. If they can match Sands of Time in the gameplay and story department, i will be in heaven.

A Zelda in this style would just... i can't comprehend how awesome that would be.

Calcaneus

I'm getting to the point where I'm so excited fot this game that even that crappy vid got me all wide eyed. And those pics look amazing -tastic

duckroll

There must have been a problem with the thread title, so I fixed it. Don't see no "gameplay" in the link at all. :p

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
duckroll said:
There must have been a problem with the thread title, so I fixed it. Don't see no "gameplay" in the link at all. :p
It's just because the gameplay is too awesome to get caught on video.
I absolutely love the style they chose for this game.

NumberTwo

Paper or plastic?
I've actually forgotten how beautiful games that actually take full use of a color pallet can be. This dark and gritty trend has run it's course.

Rlan

I am so sick of these "We're sorry, this video is no longer available" messages on Youtube. What the hell?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Prince of Persia eh? This license has been prostituted to death. Remember the good ol' days when people were begging for a Prince of Persia sequel!? YEAH!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
Rlan said:
I am so sick of these "We're sorry, this video is no longer available" messages on Youtube. What the hell?

Dont worry, you didnt miss anything, Player didnt know how to move left stick, was just camera moving around.

speedpop said:
Prince of Persia eh? This license has been prostituted to death. Remember the good ol' days when people were begging for a Prince of Persia sequel!? YEAH!

Console hater confirmed

just kidding

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Y2Kev said:

*Cancels Preorder*

*Buys PC Game*

Threi

notag
beelzebozo said:
i really hope devs start realizing that 90% of the time when people ooh and ahh over graphic styles that are timeless it somehow involves cel-shading or toon-style art. i want more of it. if the new zelda isn't cel-shaded i have my hand pre-cocked for a nice hearty face slap--if ubisoft can figure this out and nintendo can't, just. . . ugh
It is my favorite kind of artstyle, especially since it contrasts with the current trend of art direction, but i don't really want it to become the next big thing, where everyone goes out and copies it and it becomes the new "brown".

However i really, really do want to see more diversity this gen, and more games on the PS360 using this artstyle. It would really drive me to buy one.

if they aren't on PC, which hasn't happened yet.

akachan ningen said:
I love the look of this game. Hopefully they fix the braindead combat of the old games so that I can actually play this.
They should just take the combat out. The game is fun with the adventuring and puzzle-solving alone.

Calcaneus

Spotless Mind said:
Abso-frakking-lutely amazing looking. If they can match Sands of Time in the gameplay and story department, i will be in heaven.
If that were to happen, it would easily beat out any contender I had for GOTY.

Regardless, this game just shot up to being my most anticipated for the year.

Top Bottom